Jay Nash
Pick 16

Have we done well or what! :D

Winners:
Essendon
Port Adelaide

Loser:
Hawthorn

Burgoyne effectively needs to win selection in the All-Australian team, win the Norm Smith Medal and finish top 10 in the Brownlow for this deal to be worthwhile for Hawthorn, in my opinion.

Not happy Jan! Our next Brownlow Meddalist (Nash) is gone for pick 20 something! ;)

BTW, How old is Mark Williams? 26/27? Far from past his prime I would think.

Me too.

I will never forget that passage of play with Willow and Dew when they beat 4 players to win us the flag.

Willow is so under-rated it is ridiculous.

How many forwards are good for 70 goals a year, and on top of this always play better in big games???

Who !!!!!!!!!! Name them.

Buddy
Roughy
Fevola
Brown

Then who?????????????

Hear hear. That passage of play was the greatest of all time, watched it about 4008 times since. Very under rated. And to think he's gone to the dons. Tragic.

Hmm, well with the Nash joke that we apparently threw in there I must say I don't mind the trade. Hopefully Williams' knee is good and we get a few good years out of him.

Not happy Jan! Our next Brownlow Meddalist (Nash) is gone for pick 20 something! ;)

BTW, How old is Mark Williams? 26/27? Far from past his prime I would think.

25-29 are usually peak fitness years :)

I like to gauge opposition supporters reactions, welcome to the club Willo.

We needed to add experience to the Forward line, and with pick 24 added, a very good deal imo.

I still remember the little prick kicking the winning goal in the wet a few years back, I think he'll add a lot to our team, especially with us relying on young Key Forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone able to whip up a photoshop of Williams in Dons gear?

I tried, but unfortunately he has a different skin tone to the likes of Hooker, Dyson, Froggy and Atkinson. Someone who has better skillz than me can shop his whole head, but the best I could do would be his face, which doesn't match the neck or ears.

A bit shocked at first but pick 24 has sweetened the deal.

Lots of Love for Williams from Hawks fan's has also made me more confident that this was the right deal.

Welcome to the Bombers.

So does this mean the Burger deal is done too? Anyone got the full list of who goes where and which picks are being shuffled?

At this early stage it looks ok by me, thats for sure.

In your face Kennett!

Guys, Lovett was going anyway (could of gone for zilch). Nash would have been delisted?(zilch again). Williams and picks 24 & 30something seems like an O.K result. Keep a pick up our sleeves for preseason draught and could pick up a risky but ultimate bargain in Mcguire or similar.
All goog I say.:D

I R ARTEEST.
You can see on his arm he really wants us to draft Kobe Stevens. Not a bad choice.
Either that or he is paying respect to his new captain.. but can't spell good proper.

You guys have done well out of this. I'm not convinced about Burgoyne being the saviour for Hawthorn, and it just feels crap trading a premiership player (who also won a Premiership with us at Box Hill).

Still - he deserves the chance to be a proper target again. The ball was being kicked to him one in ten times in 08 and 09.

Give him a chance guys - sometimes he looks lazy and like he doesn't care, but that's just his style. He's put in a heap into our club (especially when we were down and had no other forwards) and we wish him success.

Burgoyne better play well...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back