Mark Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

We got 33 as well!

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=7074

The Bombers have traded pick No.16 - the selection it received for Andrew Lovett – to Port Adelaide, Pick No. 42 (Geelong) and Jay Nash (Port Adelaide) and acquired Mark Williams (Hawthorn), Pick No. 24 (Port Adelaide) and pick No.33 (Geelong).

As I posted on other board:

Yep, I just read the other pick is 33.

IMO we have done very very well. We saw a way to exploit a difficult situation and obtain a player we obviously fancied.

Considering Nash was more than likely going to be de-listed, we have moved down 8 places in what is effectively the second round and gained Williams and 33.

Out; 16 (& Nash)
In; Williams, 24 & 33

I like Williams as a player and think he has a lot he can potentially add to our team. 60+ goals in two seasons when he was the primary target is nothing to be scoffed at, he has a great kick and performs in finals (c/f Andrew Lovett).

Well done Essendon!

My two dogs are named Mia and Kobe.

A while later I found out that Mark Williams has those two tattoos on his forearms.

When he won us the Grannie my girlfriend said that it was because of the tattoo's :):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Now you have Essendogs lolol :thumbsu:

Let them have Burgoyne...

“He is a great kick at goal and has recovered from the knee injury that hampered him this year. He will be a very exciting addition to our forward line and, importantly, he was very keen to come to Windy Hill.”

60 Goals in 06 from 20 games

63 from 19 in 2005 in a shite team (4 wins). Think he led the Coleman that year before hurting a knee.

07-09 have been Buddy dominated and he hasnt had a chance to shine.

Give him space- so quick out of the blocks (provided knee ok)

And you will never ever be as confident with a player having a shot as this bloke with the ball in his hands. Dead eye.

Secretly hope he beefs up rioli style and turns into a dud, but I'm sure you'll be rapt with your pick up.

I like Williams as a player and think he has a lot he can potentially add to our team. 60+ goals in two seasons when he was the primary target is nothing to be scoffed at, he has a great kick and performs in finals (c/f Andrew Lovett).

I agree, I think he will be great for you guys but with Buddy and Roughead in our forward line he seemed to get overlooked a lot even if he was in a better situation, i can see him kick 50+ goals next year. He only need 6 shots on goal and he will kick 4 of them.

Good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40 was Ports, 42 was Essendons, 56 was Ports and 33 was Geelongs.

Also, remember that Monfries will now get a second string small defender on him, WINNER!!!

I'll shut my mouth now

GALL_CATS_SS5,0.jpg

This deal keeps on getting better! Soon we will end up with pick 16 back the way its going...

We now have 3 2nd round picks to go with pick 10, a very decent effort.

If the Hawks can't move on some other players tomorrow they will start the draft in the 58!

Bloody confusing day.

First we gave Pick 10 for Williams then 16 then 16 with 24 in return then 16 with 24 + 33 in return and Nash gone too.

Keeps getting better.

I like to gauge opposition supporters reactions, welcome to the club Willo.

We needed to add experience to the Forward line, and with pick 24 added, a very good deal imo.

I still remember the little prick kicking the winning goal in the wet a few years back, I think he'll add a lot to our team, especially with us relying on young Key Forwards.

Its more the Monfries shot at goal, which lacked any threat to the goals that I remember most. :(

Given our lack of experience in the forward line, it will be good to have someone who is capable of kicking goals even when he's not playing so well. His finishing skills would be above anyone else in the club so this could help take the pressure off guys like Monfries, Neagle, Gumbleton and Hurley. If these guys dont have to worry so much about finishing, then they can start to win the footy more consistently and help all their development/confidence.

Will kick 30-40 goals at very best for you guys. Nick Davis type who will get half a dozen possies a game and kick three goals and will go unsighted for large periods of the game (this will frustrate you but get used to it).

Will miss his accurate goal kicking more than anything, has lost the ability to kick it over a distance and will look to pass it off from 45m out or more.

Dowler (the guy who kicked 3 goals in the 1st half of Rd22) has usurped his position in the team thus making Willo excess to our requirements.

Not happy at all that we have given up pick 16 for a player who is riddled with injury and is past his prime. Hasn't done anything in years and is on par with a man with no legs. You suck knighta.

Has been third banana to buddy and rough. He had a very good 08 and was instrumental in the Prelim and Grand finals. He is the sort of player who gets better as the pressure is put on. Pick 16 straight up by itself sounds like too much but with pick 24 included sounds like a pretty good deal. I'd rather call Ports bluff and see Burgoyne go into the ND and keep Williams, but in fairness you have to give something to get something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back