Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:
Even that is tenuous due to unreliability.

Yes that may be true but I was correcting your mistaken quote

You understand the police have not alleged he was at any of the premises.

They may not be able to prove it, or they may be mistaken, or they may find evidence that says they were wrong - but right now they are alleging it.

Would you tell your kids that? ‘Why don’t you get off that computer and steal a few cars. Be back by 6 for dinner”
Well actually I spent my whole life on the computer, now look where it got me!!!
Bit of outdoor activity would have done many worlds of good!!

Have to laugh at some of those urging caution, presumption of innocence, due process, not jumping to conclusions, procedural fairness etc, etc.

Many of those hypocrites were the same campaigners who were baying the loudest for Jordan De Goey’s blood, and expulsion from the game when he was briefly charged in New York. Absolutely no hint of procedural fairness and presumption of innocence then. On the contrary, it was sanctioned open season on him.
This situation really says alot how pathetically weak and biased the mainstream sports media is as this story. If this was a Collingwood player like ginnivan or degoeys dog the tigers media supporters Caro and aka John Ralph would talk about this for months milking it for clicks not caring about there mental health. This pretty much just proves Collingwood is the biggest club in Australia. The afl and Richmond should just use the tap and go monopoly get out of jail free card like they did for others like buddy’s strike’s sweep sweep sweep. this thread needs a photo shop competition or memes using famous robber movies like point break , inside job the town, bank job etc with picketts head.

Good people don't willingly steal other people's cars, assault people and deal meth. He has proven himself to be in some other category in life by whichever means it's happened, it happened.

Lots of people overcome oversity without doing what he's done. I'd much rather reserve the good person title for them.
You're acting like you've never touched someone up before over a tick

Look it's not great but whatever, people make mistakes.

Thank you- i understand it would be frowned upon.

I didn’t articulate my point well. I’m just saying the circumstances around crimes are important. There are often complexities and nuances around these situations.

All good. You articulated perfectly mate. I understood what you meant. Was just trying to give some context to the feuds as it is not something commonly discussed.

Also it is property in question, nobody was hurt, or faced a gun shoved in their face like when banks are robbed.

These sort of posts are just complete nonsense and completely undersell the huge risks of any and all aggravated burglaries.

In WA, aggravated burgs hold a 20 year max sentence for commercial properties. Why is that? And why are they still considered to be such a serious offence even on commercial properties? Because the risk of harm is substantially higher during an aggravated burglary if they do actually encounter a person on that premise and that that person may be harmed.

There is countless incidents which it was intended to be a “simple” burglary which ends up resulting in serious harm or death to individuals who happen to be on the site unexpectedly.

Now not saying they were about to kill anyone if they encountered them on the premises, however it has happened before, will unfortunately happen again and that is why they are and should always be, considered a serious crime.

Adrenaline is high, fight or flight takes over in an unpredictable environment and people respond in various ways. This is where the risk lies that the offenders take the fight response towards whoever they encounter and seriously harm them.

Now luckily this time they didn’t encounter anyone (during the alleged crime) but what if they did? It’s completely unpredictable.

Anyone underselling the seriousness of an aggravated burglary as a victimless crime or because no one was hurt are completely ignoring the thousands of cases where individuals haven’t been so lucky.

It carries a 20 year sentence for a reason.

One of those footballers who thinks he is tough by going around giving out cheap shots.

A thug on and off the field.

Stealing cars, bit of a laugh when you're a kid is all.
I can overlook stealing a few cars when you were a dumb kid - but I hope you weren't the kind who set them on fire afterwards? That really ticks me off. People often have a strong attachment to their car and are often devastated when their car along with their personal belongings are torched.

And when kids steal cars for a bit of a laugh, they’re usually driving them extremely responsibly. Its not like they’d be on alcohol or drugs, or speed and flee form the law putting innocent people in danger.

Go easy on the scallywags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must not be allowed to play. Other players have been stood down during criminal investigations, so must Pickett.

Sexual assault related maybe, or any other violent charges, but for this, where it could take a couple of years including appeals, I dont think there is a problem.

If the Magistrate said okay to Bail, then I think we should say okay to him playing.

Imagine losing 2 years of income (or Richmond paying 2 years of salary to someone not playing) for someone who ends up being found Not Guilty.

I can overlook stealing a few cars when you were a dumb kid - but I hope you weren't the kind who set them on fire afterwards? That really ticks me off. People often have a strong attachment to their car and are often devastated when their car along with their personal belongings are torched.
I never stole car in my life lol.

Stealing cars, bit of a laugh when you're a kid is all.

for troubled kids with nothing else to do, no mentors to guide them, easy opportunity to take a car for a joyride yeah that is the case, not for the 30+ year old bloke who should know better.

These sort of posts are just complete nonsense and completely undersell the huge risks of any and all aggravated burglaries.

In WA, aggravated burgs hold a 20 year max sentence for commercial properties. Why is that? And why are they still considered to be such a serious offence even on commercial properties? Because the risk of harm is substantially higher during an aggravated burglary if they do actually encounter a person on that premise and that that person may be harmed.

There is countless incidents which it was intended to be a “simple” burglary which ends up resulting in serious harm or death to individuals who happen to be on the site unexpectedly.

Now not saying they were about to kill anyone if they encountered them on the premises, however it has happened before, will unfortunately happen again and that is why they are and should always be, considered a serious crime.

Adrenaline is high, fight or flight takes over in an unpredictable environment and people respond in various ways. This is where the risk lies that the offenders take the fight response towards whoever they encounter and seriously harm them.

Now luckily this time they didn’t encounter anyone (during the alleged crime) but what if they did? It’s completely unpredictable.

Anyone underselling the seriousness of an aggravated burglary as a victimless crime or because no one was hurt are completely ignoring the thousands of cases where individuals haven’t been so lucky.

It carries a 20 year sentence for a reason.
Maybe I am not being harsh enough. It is sad and wrong on so many levels.

Sounds like all your mates did...
Nah. I went to a wanky private school, the crims there were a different sort.

I do have some friends from the other side of the tracks though.
They weren’t as privileged as I was: there were social and economic barriers, some tragedies here and there (parents who died young). They did things they’re not proud of and came through the other side ok. Some better than ok actually, a few ended up very successful.

for troubled kids with nothing else to do, no mentors to guide them, easy opportunity to take a car for a joyride yeah that is the case, not for the 30+ year old bloke who should know better.
Agreed, don’t think Marlion has been convicted of stealing cars for a long time.

Yeah you can see people taking something like a club lock (remember those?) from the car on the off chance without any belief that they would need it or really use it.

But Bob in the car beforehand isn't Bob getting sprung by a security guard and suddenly realising he might end up in a prison shower.

I fear what might happen if Pickett does play another game before this has gone through the court process.

Given we've seen players booed/harassed for minor things, what will be the reaction if Marlion comes back to play before guilt has been proven one way or the other?

I fear what might happen if Pickett does play another game before this has gone through the court process.

Given we've seen players booed/harassed for minor things, what will be the reaction if Marlion comes back to play before guilt has been proven one way or the other?
I'm gonna go with "booed/harassed", final answer

Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back