Game Day Marsh Community Series 1 2020: Hawthorn v St Kilda, Thursday 20th February 7:10pm AEST @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Frost was good tonight and once he gets the fumbles out of his system will be great get.

Great showing from Patton, looking forward to seeing him improve week by week.

Chad looks hungry and ready to go this year.

CJ keeps improving and look forward to watching him over his journey.

Great to see Tommy back, looks in good nick and just needs to shake off the rust.

Also, JOM been unsighted since half time. Not good enough.
I respect your opinion, but get a little bit perspective; it’s the first practice match of the year.. Young and new players will look to impress to gain a spot but the rest are doing just what they personally need to do..

if you play well, who cares, it’s a practice game. If you play badly, who cares, it’s a practice game.

I remember us losing most of our pre season games the years we’ve won flags recently.

Patton gets a big tick tonight!
r1275579_17227341.jpg

Umpires giving too many soft frees..
Agree. If ever there was a time to let the game flow its pre - season surely? Put the whistle away and do your homework post game. No-one watches AFL to hear whistle after whistle. Anyone would think the players got a bonus for giving frees away given the amount of kicks that are awarded.

Patton and Mitchell were really really promising and that is the main thing i needed to see tonight.

Sign Minch for the year because we are going to need competition for spots in the small forward role.

Cj has a bright future and could add a dynamic to our back line this season that we are lacking with Impey out.

Liked Cegs as the number 1 ruck as well

Liked Frost’s game tonight. I think the umps thought he was Sicily ... was on the end of some ordinary decisions ... good signs from Greaves, CJ and Morrison.

Mitchell, Patton, Chad all got through so that’s the main thing could not give a stuff about the result. Hopefully Big Boy just has a corky and will be right in two weeks time for another hit out.

Go Hawks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patton and Mitchell were really really promising and that is the main thing i needed to see tonight.

Sign Minch for the year because we are going to need competition for spots in the small forward role.

Cj has a bright future and could add a dynamic to our back line this season that we are lacking with Impey out.

Liked Cegs as the number 1 ruck as well
Thought Minch tried really hard at a few contests. Just needs to string a few together! Fingers crossed.

Forward entry leaves a lot to be desired. No point having good targets to kick to if we are just going the bomb from the center. Need to gain better control of the center square in order to link from defence and hit up forwards from the edge of fifty.

Going to do my head in with constant entries while under maximum pressure.

Not a bad first up game, but wouldn’t read too much into it. Reckon they slipped a heap of our tackles that you’d expect to stick in the season proper.
Patton showed great signs, could be the year of Timmy and was awesome to see Mitch back. Looked rusty as expected but still a magnet. Predict frost will give us plenty of nervous moments.
**** me, quick scan of the thread and don’t we love an umpire whinge.
I miss b hill.

So we got smacked in contested footy, beaten in the clearances and ball use was poor but for a first hit out I’m not displeased.

Patton was great, CJ is every bit a senior footballer and Titch was solid in his first outing. Frost is exactly what we thought, pretty good 1v1 but has some perplexing moments. I hope we bin the Big boy experiment as a CHB, I can’t see Cegs being adequate all year as the number 1 ruck, he gets man handled in the centre.

Overall it was a hard watch but let’s just say a good blow out.

Forward entry leaves a lot to be desired. No point having good targets to kick to if we are just going the bomb from the center. Need to gain better control of the center square in order to link from defence and hit up forwards from the edge of fifty.

Going to do my head in with constant entries while under maximum pressure.

Well unless we get some clear air out of the centre with crisp clearances then strap yourself in... Frustrating year coming up old son😂😂

Let’s not concede off the bounce here please 🤞🏼

Which pretty much starts my rant... kidding.

The once known McEvoy experiment down back was only to cover up the real experiment Ceglar in the Ruck one-off... Cegs is tall, dark, handsome and nice. No ruckman in the league has ever succeeded with those qualities which is why I call it an experiment. It was terrible. The one thing I'll concede, is if we continue this experiment we will use all midfielders as lockdown on the opposition so they don't get 8-10 free goals a game because we know we've already lost the clearance. Don't doubt Ben has issues but he's willingly to nullify... hell he's willing to contest.

A few other issues but we'll head to the good it's pre-season.

CJ very happy. Was the standout of our youth though we didn't play many.

Frost showed nothing in the first half came as advertised in the second half... except he also hit targets by foot. So that was good.
Greeves ok overall. Michington good in second half. Harry was good early.

TBH we didn't play too many youngsters... very unlike Clarko. Much like Clarko though he packed up shop in the second half and didn't care.

So I saw one big issue, one possible future star and 2 kids an a injured journeymen stake there claim possibly.

As to the forwardline bigs, happy with Timmy early and the shortass got given the ruck chopout, happy with Patton, thought Lewis was non-competitive and I'm a big Lewis fan so I'll wear it for a game.

Overall not a bad night. Would have been happier to see a few more kids and lost by more but happy enough anyway.

Not a bad first up game, but wouldn’t read too much into it. Reckon they slipped a heap of our tackles that you’d expect to stick in the season proper.
Patton showed great signs, could be the year of Timmy and was awesome to see Mitch back. Looked rusty as expected but still a magnet. Predict frost will give us plenty of nervous moments.
fu** me, quick scan of the thread and don’t we love an umpire whinge.
I miss b hill.
Regarding B Hill...We don’t need him and he isn’t worth what they paid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Marsh Community Series 1 2020: Hawthorn v St Kilda, Thursday 20th February 7:10pm AEST @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back