Game Day Marsh Community Series 1 2020: Hawthorn v St Kilda, Thursday 20th February 7:10pm AEST @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

We wouldn't be playing him if that wasn't the idea
Of course he still has a small chance if he stands out!
We have limited back up ruck stocks will be kept open.

Interesting that we are playing a stronger side than usual.
Previous years we took some time to ‘gel’ in season proper, maybe this is an attempt to get cohesion developed earlier.
Tough start to the year perhaps lions,cats,pies freo away rd2.

We could if the rumours about a gentleman's agreement with Lyon were true.
Those rumours weren't that Lyon would give him up for a 2nd Rounder - they related to us having first right to bid. We'd still have been forced to pay above market price.

Anyway, after buying Chad, we didn't even have a 2nd Rounder.

Well my wife decides we are going to some poetry reading. Starts at the start of the match and finishes at the end.
Grumbleguts stood on the burning deck,
His body were all a quivver...

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

Of course he still has a small chance if he stands out!
We have limited back up ruck stocks will be kept open.

Tough start to the year perhaps lions,cats,pies freo away rd2.
Seems strange that we would play the bloke in a practice game against AFL opposition just to keep the spot open for a potential ruckman who hasn't even been training with the club. Honestly think if a ruck goes down for us that TOB/Patton/Lewis will fill the role for relief with defence being covered with Hartley/Frost taking the McEvoy role.

Really don't see our ruck stocks being as dire as some have made out with not many teams having a solid 3rd ruckman on their list anyway.

You have to wonder if the girls do this on purpose? My wife always seems more amorous on match day. I dont even put the fixture on the fridge anymore. Its too risky.
I don’t even have a choice anymore.

she slaps that shit on the second the draw comes out:'(

Got twin hawks on the way though so have bargained for 9 of the Melbourne games this year!

I’m taking that and running for the hills.

56A93CEC-AE84-4D93-B0DA-1C002D3F7B4D.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Ben Stratton, James Frawley, Damon Greaves
HB: Sam Frost, Ben McEvoy, Harry Morrison
C: Isaac Smith, Liam Shiels, Ricky Henderson
HF: Oliver Hanrahan, Mitchell Lewis, Tim O'Brien
F: Luke Breust, Jonathon Patton, Paul Puopolo
R: Jonathon Ceglar, Jaeger O'Meara, James Worpel
INT: Changkuoth Jiath, Chad Wingard, Mathew Walker, Tom Mitchell, James Cousins, Darren Minchington, Blake Hardwick, Tom Scully

EMER: Michael Hartley, Conor Glass, Conor Nash, Harry Jones

In the 18 you would think that Greaves, Morrison and Hanrahan are either “getting a go (Greaves)” or “getting another opportunity to prove themselves (Morrison and Hanrahan).

Four of the interchange are certainties - Mitchell, Wingard, Scully and Hardwick.

Mini list intrigues: Walker, Cousins and Minchington, Hanrahan competing for forward spot maybe?

Half back/run interchange: Changa and Harry

Would this be right?

This game will be true early little test of our land of the giants game plan.
Not only is it against actual opposition but will be on a ground notorious for being a BOG when the rain comes.
I think we will learn a lot from this outing against the Saints

Interesting that we are playing a stronger side than usual.
Previous years we took some time to ‘gel’ in season proper, maybe this is an attempt to get cohesion developed earlier.
Essential for the new-look backline to do this. A settled back 6 who instinctively know what each other will do is half the battle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Marsh Community Series 1 2020: Hawthorn v St Kilda, Thursday 20th February 7:10pm AEST @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back