Game Day Marsh Community Series 1 2020: Hawthorn v St Kilda, Thursday 20th February 7:10pm AEST @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Cegs somewhat mirrored our fortunes last season. When 'on', he clunked them, tapped effectively and gave us a target down the line that saw us winning games... but he had some shockers too and IMHO, cost us the game v WC @ the G with atrocious kicking for goal (the only game I saw live) and was terrible in many of the games during the middle of season that we lost games we should have won.
His best is really good, not sure AA conversation, but too much is middle of the road.😂
I don't know, I just have a feeling that 22 is Cegs year. Watching him in the latter half of 2019 I just got the feeling that something had "clicked" with the big fella and all those marks that he used to drop were sticking. If he can maintain that standard for the whole year AA squad is definetly a chance but I agree he needs to eliminate the "stinker" games.

Don't know much about Greaves. On the surface he looks like a Sis Pt II, medium defender, ranga hair, not overly tall, not overly built, but reads the play well and has great disposal. Somewhat accurate?

Think Stratton, not Sic. Sic is super quick and has one of the best 3 boots in the competition, not a fair comparison and neither are possessed by Greaves.

I don't know, I just have a feeling that 22 is Cegs year. Watching him in the latter half of 2019 I just got the feeling that something had "clicked" with the big fella and all those marks that he used to drop were sticking. If he can maintain that standard for the whole year AA squad is definetly a chance but I agree he needs to eliminate the "stinker" games.

Cegs had games last year where he was taking possession of the ball in ruck contests, feeding out nicely, really using his noggin. I want to see him do that more.

That's the difference between the best rucks in the competition and the rest, you don't always need to go up and tap it. Just get first possession.

Yes I think some posters might need to rewatch some of Cegs games in the later half of the season to remind themselves on why he was given a 3 year deal and (if rumours are correct) a guarantee of 1st ruck.
I honesty think that if he remains healthy Cegs could push for at least AA squad selection, his upside is that high.
Cegs is 29 years old, and this is his 7th year on an AFL list. I'm not sure how much more upside there is and AA squad selection would put him in the top 3 ruckman in the comp, I just don't see that level.

That being said, he doesn't need to be an elite ruckman for us. Just do his role

I probably should have read this first before killing Foxtel

NB: Keep in mind there is no '0' rating. Think about that for a few seconds
There is a bit to be said for having a cheap pc in the living room for streaming I reckon.

Bit to be said for not giving Rupert anymore money than you have to either.

I found Kayo ok on windows 10 last year but I didn't use it enough to really see what it was like day in day out.

There is a bit to be said for having a cheap pc in the living room for streaming I reckon.

Bit to be said for not giving Rupert anymore money than you have to either.

I found Kayo ok on windows 10 last year but I didn't use it enough to really see what it was like day in day out.

Trying to use it on shitty Roku powered devices is untenable. Worst application I've ever used from a company that size.

Trying to use it on shitty Roku powered devices is untenable. Worst application I've ever used from a company that size.
They don't really want you using it. I reckon it's out there as an experiment as much as anything and to be in that part of the market.

I'm sure they'd rather you were a foxtel customer

I probably should have read this first before killing Foxtel

NB: Keep in mind there is no '0' rating. Think about that for a few seconds
My experience with Kayo has been great. Appreciate there are a lot of variables involved so not everyone is going to have the same experience.

They don't really want you using it. I reckon it's out there as an experiment as much as anything and to be in that part of the market.

I'm sure they'd rather you were a foxtel customer

I'm sure they'd rather you be both.

They're trying to take as much of the Sports Streaming market as possible. They own Watch AFL for people wanting to watch footy outside of Australia too.

As someone who works in the industry, it's just poor coding. Developers build applications to run on the best available device, as opposed to trying to get the best performance from the worst available device.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly Foxtel owns Kayo and secondly the quality is nothing like Netflix.

I cancelled my Foxtel subscription a few months ago and got Kayo and am questioning my decision.

If you live interstate and want to watch footy on a big screen you'd better hope your smart tv is no more than 2 years old as Kayo don't have an app for older TVs. Mines 3 years old (f..k). So, you need another device to stream it or mirror it to your tv. I've used the latest Roku, Chromecast and even connected my new laptop via HDMI to the tv and the quality is shite. Yet Netflix is awesome. Internet bandwidth and data is not my problem.

If anyone has any suggestions I would welcome them as Kayo didn't and I really don't want to spend the year watching footy on my laptop :mad:

I use Kayo through my Apple TV and also through my Telstra TV (upstairs) which is a Roku player and it's never given my any issues with either. Outside of that here is a list of TVs that should be able to download the Kayo App.

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 3.03.15 pm.png

This game will be true early little test of our land of the giants game plan.
Not only is it against actual opposition but will be on a ground notorious for being a BOG when the rain comes.
I think we will learn a lot from this outing against the Saints

thats right 'the Rain'

In previous outings they have selected a 22 for each half, and not used the other 4 unless an emergency.

full match practice, whereas some other teams just use the massive interchange

Monkey is key to Cegs I think. In match coaching and all that. He probably says something basic and I'm calling him the 'ruck whisperer' LOL

Preseason are often funny games you see one team field there best side for the first half then make 5-6 changes at half time,
and the other side bring 5-6 established players on at half time and take there younger guys off.

Looking forward to seeing
- Full strength midfield!!! :) our first look at them building some chemistry, (Mitch,Jom,Worp,Wingard,Shiels
- First look at Patton. Can't wait for him to play with Lewis in the regular season
- How the back 6 rebound the ball with Big Mcevoy, hopefully he gets a gig on King.
- The fringe players Morris,Walker,Hanrahan,Cj,Cousins,Greaves,Minchington etc can they improve out bottom 6.

Firstly Foxtel owns Kayo and secondly the quality is nothing like Netflix.

I cancelled my Foxtel subscription a few months ago and got Kayo and am questioning my decision.

If you live interstate and want to watch footy on a big screen you'd better hope your smart tv is no more than 2 years old as Kayo don't have an app for older TVs. Mines 3 years old (f..k). So, you need another device to stream it or mirror it to your tv. I've used the latest Roku, Chromecast and even connected my new laptop via HDMI to the tv and the quality is shite. Yet Netflix is awesome. Internet bandwidth and data is not my problem.

If anyone has any suggestions I would welcome them as Kayo didn't and I really don't want to spend the year watching footy on my laptop :mad:

Chrome Cast is the way to go.

I've got a Sony TV which is around 15yrs old and through a chrome cast which plugs in to a HDMI port you can use apps from your phone or Ipad and link directly to your tv. Works for Netflix, NBA leaguepass, Kayo, youtube, pretty much every app you can think off except the AFL app. They are only around $50-$100 to buy.

I sponged off my dad’s Foxtel. But he cancelled because of his view about their general horribleness particularly re climate change.

It can be a tragic situation when one comes from a family with moral and intellectual fibre

🔥
Yeah f#ck that decrepit old cnut and his just as awful progeny. I wouldn't give those pricks a cent, they're a stain on our country.
Happy to trek to a pub when we're not on fta

Does anyone know what midfielders for either team should be playing full games?

Don't we normally just rotate players through different positions and in different combinations in these sorts of games, with an aim to get certain pre-identified minutes into each player, but with no intention, of the midfielders in particular, in getting full games?

Have had no issues with Kayo at all going through a Chromecast. I do have NBN though (not saying much) but that would definitely be a bit of a requirement for it to run smoothly I'd think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Marsh Community Series 1 2020: Hawthorn v St Kilda, Thursday 20th February 7:10pm AEST @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back