List Mgmt. Marsh going home for personal reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't feel the same way. I see him as another player that the club couldn't keep, for one reason or another. A disgrace in light of all else that has happened with player movement over the years. Either that or the guy is an absolute wimp.
That really irritates me as a view to be honest GG (and others who have said this pissed them off).

Collingwood might have been the best club in the land, but if he has personal issues, or there is a problem at home, then sometimes there's little we can do about it.

We don't own these guys. I was in a similar situation living interstate at the age of 27, with a wife with severe post natal depression, a two year old and another baby on the way and absolutely no family support available there and funnily enough worsening depression of my own. I went to my managers and committed what seemed like career suicide by having to give them a "transfer me to Melbourne or I have to quit" ultimatum. I hated doing it, but there really was no other way for me to look after my family.

Life happens. From what we've heard on this board, Marsh has some genuine issues he's struggling with - this isn't a cash grab.

Wish him all the best. I hope the system makes it easy and painless from our point of view to do the right thing and get him home with a viable career still in front of him. But I hope we do the right thing regardless.

From a footbal perspective - meh, he was speculative and I didn't see much at AFL level. From a personal perspective, it's his life, some value support from family, some don't, who are we to judge? I hope all is ok with the lad. Cant see him getting more coin or oppurtunity over there so seems legit to me, if we could turn this in to McKenzie somehow we win.

What was the story Jasper? I missed it.
Trying to find the thread with no luck. If the mods can resurrect it, that would be great as I don't want to do the people a disservice by paraphrasing their comments on why he wants to leave.

If the rift with Buckley is true, then this is fairly close to the last nail in Buckley's coffin. I await the inevitable criticism from the Buckley lovers, but from where I sit and view events, Buckley is not a coaches arseh*le in terms of his ability to relate to ordinary people.
As your post is in that vein? you would know how to relate?

(I know you were waiting for a Buckley lover * to respond, how could we resist.)

:D

* yes, I'm in that group because I'm not a panic merchant that everything is terrible and interpreted badly.
His results will determine his fate.

Ps unless you or me have dealt with Nathan how would we know how he relates to ordinary people.
sorry internet smoke and mirrors arnt enough for me.
Can only judge by what I see and hear.

If the rift with Buckley is true, then this is fairly close to the last nail in Buckley's coffin. I await the inevitable criticism from the Buckley lovers, but from where I sit and view events, Buckley is not a coaches arseh*le in terms of his ability to relate to ordinary people.

If he winds up at another Melbourne club then we may have some cause to steam and splutter about Buckley. Beyond that, Marsh is yet another homesick footballer for now.

That really irritates me as a view to be honest GG (and others who have said this pissed them off).

Collingwood might have been the best club in the land, but if he has personal issues, or there is a problem at home, then sometimes there's little we can do about it.

We don't own these guys. I was in a similar situation living interstate at the age of 27, with a wife with severe post natal depression, a two year old and another baby on the way and absolutely no family support available there and funnily enough worsening depression of my own. I went to my managers and committed what seemed like career suicide by having to give them a "transfer me to Melbourne or I have to quit" ultimatum. I hated doing it, but there really was no other way for me to look after my family.

Life happens. From what we've heard on this board, Marsh has some genuine issues he's struggling with - this isn't a cash grab.

Wish him all the best. I hope the system makes it easy and painless from our point of view to do the right thing and get him home with a viable career still in front of him. But I hope we do the right thing regardless.
I appreciate your situation but have no tolerance for Marsh. We took him last pick in the draft, nursed him through severe injury and he repays us by going home. We are not a happy club.

He really was not coping with being in Melbourne. Being a footballer has nothing to do with his emotional fragility. I thought and to be honest believed that we had reconciled that anybody can be susceptible to mental illness (it its varied forms and magnitude). This is one of those occasions that having some empathy is probably a good reflection on who you are as a person. It is embarrassing to read some of the tripe written in this thread.
Agree.
seems we have a long long long way to go in this delicate area.

Imagine any poster if it was their son in that situation....

Can't remember the poster or thread - but what I read was that he really struggled outside footy season - lonely, struggling to life in Vic away from support. Nothing to do with Bucks IIRC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I appreciate your situation but have no tolerance for Marsh. We took him last pick in the draft, nursed him through severe injury and he repays us by going home. We are not a happy club.
Or - we developed him to a point where we can now turn him in to something better than a last pick in the draft, in a year when we need picks.

Agree.
seems we have a long long long way to go in this delicate area.

Imagine any poster if it was their son in that situation....
So it's gone from homesickness to mental illness now?! Well that is the first I have heard of that. Let's just make it up as we go along to suit the club sycophants prepared to accept any excuse offered by players for leaving the club.

Shows the Risk of Drafting Inter-State.

We have to keep Brown now

Dont forget The Big Show

BigShow_zpswsiun8al.jpg

a>

You are not a happy supporter and then make up a story to suit your narrative.
But an easy way to verify your claim.
Do a head count how many footballers in his age group go back home for personal / family reasons this season. Then go to the respective opposition board claiming these are early signs of their coach losing the young player group. Good luck with that.

So we just keep losing players and you're OK with it? He is a man. If he needs to be with mummy and daddy to survive as an adult, it makes him a wimp. Nick Davis left for the same reason and I had zero sympathy for him Beams also.
That's your call. Fair enough.
We're all different.
People's personal reasons can be deeper, I tend to respect that.

I don't mind if players want to leave.... free country and all that ....
Some leave for money, some for family, some for the greener grass, some for unhappiness etc
Don't want to be there, fine with me.
That doesn't mean it's all sinister, doesn't mean the reason isn't justified.

Beams? He wanted to go, no problem, pick up from the fallout, carry on.
Life was not meant to be easy.

If you want any evidence about how crap this board has got then read this thread.

People ready to bash the club and Buckley before even knowing what's actually going on. Pretty pathetic tbh.
Mental illness? Homesickness? Hates Buckley? What are we meant to believe? Particularly when the mental illness hasn't appeared until just now.

So it's gone from homesickness to mental illness now?! Well that is the first I have heard of that. Let's just make it up as we go along to suit the club sycophants prepared to accept any excuse offered by players for leaving the club.
Have you been listening to all the trade talk this week or do you only hear Collingwood?

From photos after his injuries and others he seemed to be a genuine caring sort of guy, if there are issues, I hope he gets well. I will miss him.

Judging from the CFC statement, think there may be some truth to missing home or personal issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Marsh going home for personal reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back