Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair come back sherman but i didnt do the team and i havent got grudges on any1 all i was saying was that most of the games that iv seen of ox he has destroyed it but we will just have to see how he goes on b&f night.i do wonder why macnamee is on the bench because he is an outstanding player and could turn it on with a flick of the thumbs at any game.

HaHa I love it how you put yourself on the wing Sherman! Nath Bond has been in the best just about every week.... he is also only 19 remember as well. From what I have heard Nath has had his best year so would be in the reckoning for team of the year, one of the hardest players in the comp.

HaHa I love it how you put yourself on the wing Sherman! Nath Bond has been in the best just about every week.... he is also only 19 remember as well. From what I have heard Nath has had his best year so would be in the reckoning for team of the year, one of the hardest players in the comp.

Haha i was waiting for you to pick up on that weiner!!!..lol...the only reason i did it was because the othe bloke had bellenger there and he is not a wing player so i swapped it over..lol..

I agree i suppose we see nath bond every week and what he does, but he is very rarely beaten and is a very strong bodied player.

What about Jay Anderson from Royal Park clearly been their best in an ordianary team and was also good enough to be not only in the interleauge side but also included amongst the best players

What about Jay Anderson from Royal Park clearly been their best in an ordianary team and was also good enough to be not only in the interleauge side but also included amongst the best players

He tries hard and yes is a good player but not good enough for this team sorry, yeah he did ok in interleague but so he should have the ball was down there a lot.lol.

He should get a gig in the Back Pocket in my opinion. You cant just name 3 fullbacks across the fullback line. He has the ability to play tall and small and has been a standout for us all year.

I haven't had a look at the stats but has Julian Field had a 'team of the year' year??? He has missed a couple of games I think and has not featured in the best all that often???

Always tough to pick a side like this and reputation inevitably comes into it. With all games on Saturday its tough for anyone to really see much of the opposition clubs. I'm sure there are plenty of players like Bond, Anderson, Kerr etc that are judged worthy by their clubs but overlooked by others because they dont have the reputations!

Good game at Newstead with both sides missing a couple of key players in Ronke and Saunders for Dunolly and Starritt and Barker for Newstead. Ethan Ford, Ox, Nathan Webster and Sammy Kerr were outstanding for the winners while for Dunolly James Mcnamee was excellent along with Stewart and Motlop should some real brillance. Should be a great game coming up this week with both at full strength. What happened at Harcourt as it appeared to be a real blowout which is a dissapointing end to Talbots season given the hype at the start of the year.

Good game at Newstead with both sides missing a couple of key players in Ronke and Saunders for Dunolly and Starritt and Barker for Newstead. Ethan Ford, Ox, Nathan Webster and Sammy Kerr were outstanding for the winners while for Dunolly James Mcnamee was excellent along with Stewart and Motlop should some real brillance. Should be a great game coming up this week with both at full strength. What happened at Harcourt as it appeared to be a real blowout which is a dissapointing end to Talbots season given the hype at the start of the year.

Not sure where it all went wrong for Talbot. They have a bit to think about for next year.

I think it will be a Avoca v Dunolly granny still.... could go either way really. All sides in top 5 are capable on their day.

Not a bad team, few changes id make though.

B: Ronke Ramsay Fraser
HB:Motlop Grant Kick
C: M Smith Bellenger Burchell
HF:M Bond Sanders Treacy
F : Pilgrim Kelly MacNamee
R : D Hedger Field E.Ford
INT: Oxley Cummings N.Bond Clarke
Im not sure how u couldnt pick Paul Chaplin from harcourt not one person has.. Absolute great player he is 20 years old won harcourt B+F he would have to be one of the best in the comp..:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pilgrem from Avoca would have to be the most overated player ive seen in the league. Absolute dud. Yeah good player when they win by 100 points against a bottom side he might kick a few but put some one half deicent on him from a good side and he doesnt get a kick.. prob one of the most soft players in the league too...

going to be another unreal game this week between newstead and dunolly who are we tipping for the key match ups and who is going to be the game breakers for the day?what are chances of the mighty stead doing it again?

its interesting bout harcourt and carisbrook playing in the elimination final this weekend as for the last 9 years these two teams have been the top 2 or 3 on the ladder at this time of the year and is also gunna be a cracker of a game whos your tips and why?

Any truth in the rumour that mark ramsey badly twisted a knee at training tonight and also ethan ford copped a heavy corkie in saturdays game and both men are in serious doubt for saturdays game.
Would be massive outs for newstead as ford and ramsey are 2 of their best players

going to be another unreal game this week between newstead and dunolly who are we tipping for the key match ups and who is going to be the game breakers for the day?what are chances of the mighty stead doing it again?

its interesting bout harcourt and carisbrook playing in the elimination final this weekend as for the last 9 years these two teams have been the top 2 or 3 on the ladder at this time of the year and is also gunna be a cracker of a game whos your tips and why?

Will be a massive match again this week with Newstead and Dunolly facing up for the second week in a row... Lets hope that both sides are at full strength becuase it will make it harder for the loosing side to claim they were "undermanned" as has been the case this week (even though both sides were missing key players)!

The game will be won in the middle you would think - Starrit coming back into the middle will be a big in for Newstead, and they will need to keep both Motlop and McNamee under control.

Who will the clubs not playing be supporting / hoping wins??

Any truth in the rumour that mark ramsey badly twisted a knee at training tonight and also ethan ford copped a heavy corkie in saturdays game and both men are in serious doubt for saturdays game.
Would be massive outs for newstead as ford and ramsey are 2 of their best players

Nice try there young Reecie :thumbsu:

Saturday 29th August 2009
Qualifying Finals – Princess Park, Maryborough
Senior Football
Dunolly V Newstead
Reserve Football
Newstead V Carisbrook
Under 17 Football
Newstead V Maldon

A Grade Netball
Dunolly V Royal Park
B Grade Netball
Dunolly V Royal Park
C Grade Netball
Carisbrook V Dunolly
17 & Under Netball
Newstead V Avoca
15 & Under Netball
Harcourt V Maldon

Sunday 30th August 2009
ELIMINATION Finals – Princess Park, Maryborough
Senior Football
Carisbrook V Harcourt

Reserve Football
Harcourt V Avoca

Under 17 Football
Avoca V Talbot

A Grade Netball
Talbot V Maryborough Rovers
B Grade Netball
Harcourt V Avoca
C Grade Netball
Royal Park V Harcourt
17 & Under Netball
Maryborough Rovers V Maldon
15 & Under Netball
Newstead V Carisbrook

Tips for this weekends Senior Games.
Dunolly Vs Newstead - Dunolly, be very hungary for a win after there loss last week.
Carisbrook Vs Harcourt - Carisbrook for me having a slump in there performance this year but will win this one.

Nice try there young Reecie :thumbsu:
Haha ah not really sure where you got that info from eveready. I know reecie well and im pretty sure he doesnt have a big footy account. Just letting you know so you dont come out with some other silly comments like this one

Will be a massive match again this week with Newstead and Dunolly facing up for the second week in a row... Lets hope that both sides are at full strength becuase it will make it harder for the loosing side to claim they were "undermanned" as has been the case this week (even though both sides were missing key players)!

The game will be won in the middle you would think - Starrit coming back into the middle will be a big in for Newstead, and they will need to keep both Motlop and McNamee under control.

Who will the clubs not playing be supporting / hoping wins??

Which of the players missing from the game on the weekend will be back this week from Dunolly(Ronke,Sanders,Karpany,Schuppan) or Newstead(Starrit,Barker) ???

Just my opinion mate, sure oxley is good in the ruck because of sheer size and can take a pack mark, but hedger has great mobility and a fantastic skill level, he is a very athletic big man with a great set of hands and plays like an extra midfielder, he deserves the run.

Oxley is a very good player for sure, but he cant kick anymore and he is slow around the ground because of his aging body, any team with a mobile ruckmen can easily expose his mobility and run off him.

Personally i prefer a quicker team (why i picked hedger) with good ball carriers but you also need those stronger bodies in the to feed the ball out, eg field and bellenger.

Obviously ur a newstead man so u have loaded up on ur boys but c'mon sam kerr, yes he was good against us on the weekend but not for me sorry.

How can you have macnamee on the bench?...i think your a man who has a grudge on certain players...As you stated Ox is a favourite for B and F so needs to be starting ,then how can macnamee not be starting he is sure to poll some votes..

I respect your view though as these sorts of topics will always create differences of opinions.

I hope you get a coaching job soon Sherman cos we would love to play against any side you coached. If you think that Oxley can be exploited by playing a mobile ruckman on him, why hasnt anyone done it? As for Sam Kerr I think you would find that he has played well against your team as well as most others all year. Both of these guys were pretty good in the interleague side as well but then again you were one eyed that day.

B: Ronke Ramsay Fraser
HB:Motlop Grant Kick
C: J Smith Field Kerr
HF:M Bond Hedger Treacy
F : Saunders MacNamee Reece
R : Oxley Hutchinson E.Ford
INT: Geary Cummings Liddicoate Clarke

J Smith and Geary from Harcourt add some pace and Liddicoate gives another tall option, Hedger is a better option across half forward than Pilgrim and Reece kicks goals with a better acurracy rate than anyone in the league

Which of the players missing from the game on the weekend will be back this week from Dunolly(Ronke,Sanders,Karpany,Schuppan) or Newstead(Starrit,Barker) ???

Will be interesting to see who is back in also if what Ahmat said on Saturday is correct he will be at a 21st and not playing!!

Hopefully both sides are at full strength and its a great game.
I would think that there will only be a goal or 2 in it and hopefully Newsteads way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad