Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt The Tommahawk would be missed at talbot! Hasn't done a great deal this year, Looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane! soft as butter!

Thats a bit rough! He has been a great pick up from what i have heard! has been in the best plenty of times before getting injured, did have 3 best on's in a row!

hey wonker i heard a roumur that a couple of local blokes have made a come back this year. people are asking me if these players are glorey hunters and have jumped on the bandwagon and if they aren't glorey hunters then where were they when the going was tough at the club as these 2 players haven't played in 8 years. i couldn't answer them and didn't want to tread on anyones toes so i thought you might be able to answer the question

Come of it Mothman! In the words of Margaret Thatcher to George Negus. "Can you tell me which people have said that?" :)

These guys have given their heart and soul for the Avoca Footy Club. They have every right to pull the jumper back on. Avoca have been short a couple of experienced players and these two local blokes will certainly add some much needed depth and hardness to the line up.
Pity a few more of the local blokes of their vintage wouldn't follow suit. There are a lot of talented footballers around the town that pulled the pin a bit early.

My tips for this week:

Maldon v Avoca
Carisbrook v Newstead
Dunolly v Harcourt
Talbot v Trentham
Royal Park v Maryborough Rovers

The hardest match really is the maryborough derby, Could go either way :eek:

My tips for this week:

Maldon v Avoca
Carisbrook v Newstead
Dunolly v Harcourt
Talbot v Trentham
Royal Park v Maryborough Rovers

Maldon are capable of the upset and Newstead should put in an ok showing but not many other noteworthy games other than that!

hey wonker i heard a roumur that a couple of local blokes have made a come back this year. people are asking me if these players are glorey hunters and have jumped on the bandwagon and if they aren't glorey hunters then where were they when the going was tough at the club as these 2 players haven't played in 8 years. i couldn't answer them and didn't want to tread on anyones toes so i thought you might be able to answer the question

Just a quick question Mothman, do you think there is a difference between Glory hunters and Money hunters ? IMO i think not

trentham not much of an opposition king rich and sherm ??

i see you blokes from botterland creamed them by close to 30 goals and they got just four for the day ;)

Yeah 5thQ they are travelling just ordinary at the moment. Their top 5 players are pretty handy but then it drops off. Have no KPPs at all. We had 6-7 of our best out too. They are getting themselves primed for the big clash next week against Dunolly but I'm not sure they can get over the line to be honest.

Special mention should be made of Matthew Bond who kicked 16 goals for us yesterday in a great display. With the likes of Sutherland, Bench and Wills out of the side at the moment we really needed him to step up over the last couple of weeks and kick goals and he has.

Disapointing that Maldon couldn't put up a better display against Avoca. I noticed that young Chaplin was back for Rovers which will help them a lot no doubt. The 5th placed side seems a way off the pace and looks like Rovers and Maldon will fight it out.

Just a quick question Mothman, do you think there is a difference between Glory hunters and Money hunters ? IMO i think not
Thats a very good point pilgs but i think they come under 2 completely different categories. glory hunters are the ones that won't put in the hard yards when the going is tough and money hunters are the players who change clubs EVERY year chasing the cash. i think you would come under the second category. when was the last time you played for a club for 2 yrs in a row?

Come of it Mothman! In the words of Margaret Thatcher to George Negus. "Can you tell me which people have said that?" :)

These guys have given their heart and soul for the Avoca Footy Club. They have every right to pull the jumper back on. Avoca have been short a couple of experienced players and these two local blokes will certainly add some much needed depth and hardness to the line up.
Pity a few more of the local blokes of their vintage wouldn't follow suit. There are a lot of talented footballers around the town that pulled the pin a bit early.
i agree they have givin there heart and soul to the club and good blokes to bo with it but what about the blokes who helped the club through the hard times and now can't get a game because everyone else has come back now the club looks to be a little successful.

Hey Mothy! I know the blokes you're talking about and I reckon glory hunters might be a little harsh. Both have been avid supporters of the club in their retirement and are present at most games. Also their younger brother is playing a milestone game (300) in a couple of weeks, you can't blame them for wanting to share in that with him. I'm sure he would be thrilled to play in the game along side his brothers as well.

Anyway, trust all is well over GW way. How many goals so far this season?
things aren't going to bad thanks shamui got 45 goals thus far for the season. if these blokes had of kept playing instead of retiring they could of reached that milestone before him

i agree they have givin there heart and soul to the club and good blokes to bo with it but what about the blokes who helped the club through the hard times and now can't get a game because everyone else has come back now the club looks to be a little successful.

Which are the blokes that are missing out Moth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing that Maldon couldn't put up a better display against Avoca.
(quote)

I was a bit surprised how easily Avoca did it. The game was never in doubt.
It has been a great year from a league point of view. Probably the only real upset for the year to date has been Avoca's loss to Bushy during the first round of games. All other results have been reasonably predictable.

The race is now on to cement spots in the top five, Will one of the lower teams be able to cause an upset before the home and away games and have a major influence on shaping the final five?
Only time will tell.

Princes Park won't be available for the elimination final, as Maryborough has a home game that day. Given that participating teams won't be able to play on their home ground which ground do people think should be utilised to stage this game?

Perhaps some thought could be given to moving finals games around MCDFL grounds and just play the grand final at Princes Park. This would give clubs the opportunity to showcase their ground and its facilities, while visitors to the towns would benefit local businesses who sponsor club's throughout the year. What do others think?

Not to sure about that Wonker, would you really like to be getting set for a big final and draw the short straw for the Brook visitors rooms?? I know i wouldn't!!

Simo

Not to sure about that Wonker, would you really like to be getting set for a big final and draw the short straw for the Brook visitors rooms?? I know i wouldn't!!

Simo

i agree with that simosays, would def prefer to play footy at princess park than around the district as it provides a far better spectacle for players and supporters.

Princes Park is a great surface and facility and is central to most teams. Its a good setup currently and I dont think it needs to be changed. Good neutral venue IMO.

previous years when Princes is unavailable they have used Hedges Oval and I would imagine this will be the case again this year. Generally the next best surface in the comp and is still located in Maryborough.

Princes Park is a great surface and facility and is central to most teams. Its a good setup currently and I dont think it needs to be changed. Good neutral venue IMO.

previous years when Princes is unavailable they have used Hedges Oval and I would imagine this will be the case again this year. Generally the next best surface in the comp and is still located in Maryborough.

being the maryborough/castlemaine league if princess park is unavailable wouldn't the next option be camp reserve in castlemaine providing its available. why should the clubs from that way always travel i think its time for the maryborough based clubs to travel over there. the finals should be shared between princess park and camp reserve every year to make it fair on every club.

being the maryborough/castlemaine league if princess park is unavailable wouldn't the next option be camp reserve in castlemaine providing its available. why should the clubs from that way always travel i think its time for the maryborough based clubs to travel over there. the finals should be shared between princess park and camp reserve every year to make it fair on every club.

I think it is pretty central to most teams in the league. Its only what 30 mins from Bendigo roughly to Burra, maybe 40. Not like its a long hike. Its a great venue and I dont think the Bendigo sides have a problem with it.

I would also argue that the majority of teams and league support comes from Maryborough so the potential to draw crowds may be diminished in the Maine. Especially if clashing with one of the other Bendigo leagues.

Let's not get stuck into Megs here. He's a century goal kicker on a couple of occassions for Carisbrook and was very well liked there. He's tried his hand at higher leagues and I know that most Brook players and officials talk very highly of him and would love to have him back.

Megs could have made a lot more money at other clubs once he bagged the ton but stayed put and from all reports was a top clubman.

Simo

Fair comment there Simo. I don't think those change rooms have changed in over fifty years. It's a pity because the rest of Brook's set up is first class. Perhaps having participating clubs stage finals would encourage them to continually upgrade their facilities.

When you go to Princess Park there is nowhere to sit down and have a coffee or a snack There is little cover if it rains. The bar at the finals is a tin shed where patrons are subjected to the elements. You wouldn't contemplate taking a toddler along on a cold day as there is nowhere for them to play indoors. The grandstand is a magnificent structure but well and truly outdated as far as comfort is concerned.

One only has to look at the Ballarat trotting complex to see how top class facilities attract crowds. It was once an open air facility which used to attract just a handful of trotting enthusiasts who stood around a couple of fire buckets.
Today they have a magnificent complex with bars and restaurants along with excellent viewing areas. Most times the complex is full to capacity.

Yeah something to do with several comments he made on the LPFL thread about the Natte Football Club in regards to a confrentation between their Coach and Selectors!!

By the look of Saturday's game it seems that the coach might have got his way!!!!

:thumbsu:For something different to do on Saturday Night, Ballarats Badmiton Stadium is Hosting a Fight Night on July 28th. Local Fighters include Michael Sacco, Tommy Dodgshun, Michael Smith, Adam Bridges and Brandon Rocco, up against Fighters from SA, Colleraine, Echuca, Melbourne
With Special guests... World Champ Johnny Famechon, Frank Ropis Welterweight Champ, Paul Ferreri Former Commonwealth Champ and Tony Miller 4 x Australian Champ... 7pm Start
Support the local Guys and have a Good Night:)
Tickets available from any of the Guys above or JD's Sports Bar, Rebel Sports Ballarat or at the Door on the Night:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back