Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
big singing if true

i heard ian martin was a sure thing at natte :eek:

Its weird the signings that are all supposedly happening... I heard on Sat nite that a maryborough postie was in talks with Natte about the Head position... not too sure about this rumour sounds more like a Voss coach rumour

That wasn't a comment on him, it was more a comment on whether any clubs in the MCDFL would be aiming at trying to attract any of the other Natte players as there seems likely to be an exodus from the club, where only the true local clubmen seem to be staying.

Good on Talbot for getting the services of Prickles too... any word whether he'll bring any more players from Castlemaine with him?

This will only be another feather in the cap for the MCDFL as the league only seems to be getting stronger and stronger.

Fair enough. You would think JMacs pull with a lot of these players will now be severely diminished now that he is going to Rokewood. He should still take a few with him though but not as many I wouldn't think. Many of these players may in fact now decide to stay at Natte who knows. I wonder what effect Natte missing out of Prickles will have? Assuming Natte were after Prickles in the first place.

Good on Talbot for getting the services of Prickles too... any word whether he'll bring any more players from Castlemaine with him?

This will only be another feather in the cap for the MCDFL as the league only seems to be getting stronger and stronger.[/quote]

Lachie Brown looks a certainty to return to his old club Maldon. Lachie has been playing with Castlemaine over past seaons. Maldon has been trying to lure Lachie back for some time and word of his return is sure to get the Dons pretty excited about season 2008

I can confirm this is 100% correct. He confirmed with Talbot today.

thats is great news king rich!!!!!, has been a great effort by the club to lure such a high profile player back to the club. Prickles will bring alot of experience to the club, and will hopefully get the club back up the top like he did in 02-03 and bring home the bacon...

lachie brown is a massive signing for maldon and should bring multiple players back with him, seems as if maldon are going all out again to win that elusive flag

I wonder what effect Natte missing out of Prickles will have? Assuming Natte were after Prickles in the first place.

Massive signings for coach by both Talbot and Maldon. Lachy Brown will have more pull than Ian Martin but Talbot will recruit well. It could be tough times ahead for Castlemaine should Brown take a few with him like O'Brien.

These are great signs for the league and there is still talk that Natte is coming in next year. So that will add another finals contender.

Fact: Natte were after Prickles and confident of signing him. That is no secret.

The Maryborough Postman mentioned earlier would have to be Simon Booker.

Massive signings for coach by both Talbot and Maldon. Lachy Brown will have more pull than Ian Martin but Talbot will recruit well. It could be tough times ahead for Castlemaine should Brown take a few with him like O'Brien.

These are great signs for the league and there is still talk that Natte is coming in next year. So that will add another finals contender.

Fact: Natte were after Prickles and confident of signing him. That is no secret.

The Maryborough Postman mentioned earlier would have to be Simon Booker.

Talbot will maintain almost all of last years list and will probably only need to recruit 3-4 quality players to be a top 2 side. With Prickles we already have one. We have secured a couple of other senior players already, one who is quality from the Geelong area. I would assume Prickles will sit down with the recruiting committee in the coming days and work out what we need and what types of players we need to speak to. We also have a fair raft of ex-players who are returning this year from other clubs and from interstate work so all bodes well for Talbot next season. We expect to be stronger in all grades of Football.

In all honesty we weren't all that far off this year, only a couple of lapses when we dropped games against Rovers and Bushy cost us a top 3 spot. We felt we underachieved a little and could have easily made the Prelim or Grand Final. Our top 3 in the B&F were all under 21 so that is a great sign for the club. Another's pre-season and years experience for these youngsters will hold us in good stead for next season!

Nonamehack! Is Simon Booker the man Natte are talking to?

That is the name that I heard, but then again I also heard that he was thinking about applying for the U18 position at Maryborough as most of his coaching experience has been in the Junior ranks.

So I guess it all depends on what sort of coach both teams are looking for and whether or not he fits the mould

That is the name that I heard, but then again I also heard that he was thinking about applying for the U18 position at Maryborough as most of his coaching experience has been in the Junior ranks.

So I guess it all depends on what sort of coach both teams are looking for and whether or not he fits the mould

Top bloke,very astute-very quiet though,and lacks experience at senior level,I also heard that Maryborough very keen on him for their U 18's.
Thanks Rich for setting me straight about Martin to Talbot,well done Hawks.

Talbot will maintain almost all of last years list and will probably only need to recruit 3-4 quality players to be a top 2 side. With Prickles we already have one. We have secured a couple of other senior players already, one who is quality from the Geelong area. I would assume Prickles will sit down with the recruiting committee in the coming days and work out what we need and what types of players we need to speak to. We also have a fair raft of ex-players who are returning this year from other clubs and from interstate work so all bodes well for Talbot next season. We expect to be stronger in all grades of Football.

In all honesty we weren't all that far off this year, only a couple of lapses when we dropped games against Rovers and Bushy cost us a top 3 spot. We felt we underachieved a little and could have easily made the Prelim or Grand Final. Our top 3 in the B&F were all under 21 so that is a great sign for the club. Another's pre-season and years experience for these youngsters will hold us in good stead for next season!

Didnt big Tommy come 3rd in the bnf???
Will he be playing for the Hawks next year??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith won from the two Bonds in equal second. Then Tommy and Sam Allbutt in 3rd & 4th.

Work permitting he will be playing for the Hawks as far as i know. Tommy;s only a spring chicken at 24 anyway!

i believe your right ablett19, however as the 2 bond boys were equal runner up thats is what king rich was infering to i believe.

i think there is a fair chance that the big tom cat will pull on the brown and gold next year....would be great to see his house mate out there and about also.....

Heard an interesting rumour during the week which I'm fairly certain could be fact. Carisbrook are apparently very close to signing Owen Weatherly for this coming season. Would be a massive signing for the Brook. Rumour has it that is back is not the best though and this could hamper him but you'd expect him to wreak havoc out of the goalsquare... exactly what Brook needs.

Would cost them a mint you would think.... considering what Chipper is on..... He would be looking at possible 1k IMO!

Anyone else heard this rumour?

Interesting to see that former Easy Point coach Shane Fisher has signed on to coach Maryborough... So the Bendigo Thread says.

Dont know much about him but apparently an ok coach. Will he be good for Burra?

Heard an interesting rumour during the week which I'm fairly certain could be fact. Carisbrook are apparently very close to signing Owen Weatherly for this coming season. Would be a massive signing for the Brook. Rumour has it that is back is not the best though and this could hamper him but you'd expect him to wreak havoc out of the goalsquare... exactly what Brook needs.

Would cost them a mint you would think.... considering what Chipper is on..... He would be looking at possible 1k IMO!

Kingrich ... is there a salary cap in this comp? Clubs are really starting to spend up big.

Interesting rumour Rich, would be nice if it were true.

Interesting to see that former Easy Point coach Shane Fisher has signed on to coach Maryborough... So the Bendigo Thread says.

Dont know much about him but apparently an ok coach. Will he be good for Burra?

Fish goes pretty well as a coach and is a good bloke as well. I thought he did a good job at East, and is no slouch when it comes to major league footy.

I'd reckon he will be a handy aquisition to Maryborough, even if it is soley in a coaching capacity. I'll be very interested to see who follows him out to Burra, with Nth City already in the comp they may struggle to attract new players from the Ballarat area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back