Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maryborough appointed Andy Tatchell as seconds coach? Is he to be a playing coach or play ones aswell?

Neverwas57 your from Maryborough maybe you could tell us how they went.

Fifth Quarter I heard the rumour Prickles was on $10k for the year. Rumour only!!!

To all you peanuts out there who are fighting back saying how good all these players are, you obvisiously didn't read what i said. To be honest from what i have seen in the District League these guys go very well... Just soft though, and if George Double U is doing what i think he is doing by asking about them from a recruiting point of view he must want to know all the in's and out's.

If anyone of you MCDFL guru's ever come and watch borough these days you will see blokes like Malone, Jennings, Dell and co. that all play a tough brand of footy and maybe thats what i am comparing these blokes too.

Smith cops his share of critisicm from both sides on the fence every Saturday and rarely puts in a poor performance. I would disagree with the assumption that he only plays well against the weaker sides too. His B&F was a testament to his consistency this year.

No he is not an in and under player but as has been said that is not his game and you need both types to have a good football side. As far as being soft I'm not sure on that either.

As ur obviously a Burra player I doubt you have seen much of these boys anyway. Keep plugging away in there at Magpie Land though!

Hello there can anyone tell me how Matt Smith (Talbot), Luke Treacy (Carisbrook), Nathan Wright (Carisbrook), Patty Jenes (Royal Park), Tom Barker (Avoca) & Carl Moser (Avoca) go? I know its a few but just interested.

well everyone said something about everyone but Patty Jenes. Dunno bout being soft, kids got a great leap, good grab and good kick. came top 3 in the b&f count at bushy and if my drunken memory serves me well, he won the players vote. not bad for his first real crack at footy for a long time. should be back next season

well everyone said something about everyone but Patty Jenes. Dunno bout being soft, kids got a great leap, good grab and good kick. came top 3 in the b&f count at bushy and if my drunken memory serves me well, he won the players vote. not bad for his first real crack at footy for a long time. should be back next season

Great effort by Patty Jenes. The leap on his is amazing. Rumour has it that he is a good guy to have around the club too.

How good is justin tapner!!! he's an hard tough footballer and just an all out star.... Aparently taps was nick coghlan's no1 idol when cog was coming up through the juniors.. i know nick and he said its the greatest feeling to play along side taps because he's a top bloke and just an awsome footballer... cheers

How good is justin tapner!!! he's an hard tough footballer and just an all out star.... Aparently taps was nick coghlan's no1 idol when cog was coming up through the juniors.. i know nick and he said its the greatest feeling to play along side taps because he's a top bloke and just an awsome footballer... cheers

Taps is a decent footballer I guess. But that was rhetorical wasn't it?

Could you or wonker please fill us in on why Avoca would start training in October? It seems pointless and runs the risk of having players getting sick of footy before the season starts.

I think Avoca's training sesion isn't really a trainining session... i think the avoca boys are just having a bit of a get to together and a bbq just to keep the team and the club together throughout the summer... so yea i think its just a bonding session..

TALBOT players, fans and supporters --- is that right ? Prickles Martin will be on $10K to coach the Botters ?
Bit of fund-raising might be needed over summer. Can u guys run a stall, maybe, at the Farmers' Market ?? Hehehe

TALBOT players, fans and supporters --- is that right ? Prickles Martin will be on $10K to coach the Botters ?
Bit of fund-raising might be needed over summer. Can u guys run a stall, maybe, at the Farmers' Market ?? Hehehe

pretty sure you'll find that that is all that out of the ordinary for a coach. they do alot of work and deserve every cent they get! if that is what prickles is gettin i would think they are getting great value for money. great work talbot:thumbsu:

You're a halfwit Jock! No seriously we are smashing out the meat-raffles to pay for Prickles next year.... hopefully we can get the cash together by the end of 08! :thumbsu:

Avoca are very keen even getting together now. Haven't we all just got back from footy trips??? Everyone needs a little time away to recharge the batteries IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a halfwit Jock! No seriously we are smashing out the meat-raffles to pay for Prickles next year.... hopefully we can get the cash together by the end of 08! :thumbsu:

Avoca are very keen even getting together now. Haven't we all just got back from footy trips??? Everyone needs a little time away to recharge the batteries IMO.

Agreed Rich! Last thing on my mind is footy. Spring Carnival time.IMO

Cant comment on this figure as i have no idea... But what would be the normal price for a coach in this league??? I reckon there would be quite a few more that are on more than 10k IMO.

Rumour: Drew Bartram very handy player for Boort is a great chance of playing for Talbot in '08'. Prickles and Bartram in the middle would be very useful in the guts. Any truth Rich/Sherman?

Rumour: Brad Ross to coach Dunolly.

Rumour: Drew Bartram very handy player for Boort is a great chance of playing for Talbot in '08'. Prickles and Bartram in the middle would be very useful in the guts. Any truth Rich/Sherman?

Rumour (Boardering on Fact): All 3 names mentioned in the above will line up for the Hawks in 2008.

Cant comment on this figure as i have no idea... But what would be the normal price for a coach in this league??? I reckon there would be quite a few more that are on more than 10k IMO.

Fact: $10k would be the norm for a playing coach in this league making Prickles excellent value.

Hmmmmm. Dunno where you got this rumour from!! Don't think he knows where he will be at this stage because of work/uni commitments..

Barty played for Talbot in the practice match against Natte last season and was more than serviceable. The club would be happy to get his services that is for sure.

Would get a game in any minor league side, and would push for selection (at the very least) in ANY major league side. Hes a quality player, Boort will miss him dearly should he go. But its great to see local talent broadening their horizons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back