Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would get a game in any minor league side, and would push for selection (at the very least) in ANY major league side. Hes a quality player, Boort will miss him dearly should he go. But its great to see local talent broadening their horizons!

He has spent 4-5 years at Boort but he is hardly local talent. Grew up in Cohuna and has been a Ballarat boy for the better part of 6-7 years.

Barty played for Talbot in the practice match against Natte last season and was more than serviceable. The club would be happy to get his services that is for sure.

I'm told Talbot are in need of KPP's, especially with the likely relocation for work commitments of one of last years recruits, and that midfield types might not be what the Hawks recruiting department would be after...

I'm told Talbot are in need of KPP's, especially with the likely relocation for work commitments of one of last years recruits, and that midfield types might not be what the Hawks recruiting department would be after...

We need some more midfield depth. A couple of top-line midfielders is what we are after... Prickles is one... and we're hoping to get one more.

We need some more midfield depth. A couple of top-line midfielders is what we are after... Prickles is one... and we're hoping to get one more.

I'm told you will soon be on the hunt for another tall however, CHB moving to Gold Coast for work... or was he expendable?

I hear the Dix boys have been talked about in both Natte and Bushy Park circles.

My mail is that they won't coach either side although offers have been made. Brendon was approached for Royal Park and I have heard Gavin was approached for Natte. It is believed both have said no to the offers.

2008 Premiership Odds!!!

Harcourt $3.50
Avoca $5.50
Talbot $6.00
Carisbrook $7.50
Maldon $10
Rovers $18
Royal Park $21
Newstead $21
Dunolly $71
Trentham $101

Any thoughts its hard to predict this early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2008 Premiership Odds!!!

Harcourt $3.50
Avoca $5.50
Talbot $6.00
Carisbrook $7.50
Maldon $10
Rovers $18
Royal Park $21
Newstead $21
Dunolly $71
Trentham $101

I'd have Newstead above Bushy... Reckon Newstead will get a couple back and be more competitive. Other than that not too bad. You'd expect Brook to go ok too.... Will be tough to pick.

2008 Premiership Odds!!!

Harcourt $3.50
Avoca $5.50
Talbot $6.00
Carisbrook $7.50
Maldon $10
Rovers $18
Royal Park $21
Newstead $21
Dunolly $71
Trentham $101

my recent mail is that a big mover and shaker out at apple-eating land has is nose severly out of joint. apparantly he isnt happy with the clubs culture and has stated he will not be tipping in his usual semi-trailor full of coins.
can anyone else shed some light on this or have heard anything?
what effect will this have on flag aspirations, this man provides them with a lot of cash!

my recent mail is that a big mover and shaker out at apple-eating land has is nose severly out of joint. apparantly he isnt happy with the clubs culture and has stated he will not be tipping in his usual semi-trailor full of coins.
can anyone else shed some light on this or have heard anything?
what effect will this have on flag aspirations, this man provides them with a lot of cash!

We can all only hope that Harcourt get slightly weaker next year!!! Give the rest of the comp a chance!!!

2008 Premiership Odds!!!

Harcourt $3.50
Avoca $5.50
Talbot $6.00
Carisbrook $7.50
Maldon $10
Rovers $18
Royal Park $21
Newstead $21
Dunolly $71
Trentham $101

Not that it matters but swap trentham around with dunolly. Top 4 again should be Harcourt, Avoca, Talbot, 'brook in no particular order. Maybe Maldon the big improvers, You never know tho do you.

Not that it matters but swap trentham around with dunolly. Top 4 again should be Harcourt, Avoca, Talbot, 'brook in no particular order. Maybe Maldon the big improvers, You never know tho do you.

Trentham are an unknown quantity. I think they burned a bit of cash last year, so hopefully they can retain a few of their players. I think Dunolly will improve and prob deserve to be rated higher than Trentham at this stage.

Daniel Smith will be standing down as Harcourt coach. Will stay as a player and will be involved in the appointment of the next coach.
maybe joint coaches of paul eyles and sean smith if they dont both go back to kangaroo flat was one rumour and phil lobb as assistantwas the other one

Not sure Jock. I haven't heard if he's staying think brook were confident of keeping him at seasons end.

i believe that chipper will be staying at brook and is quite happy there, i know carisbrook are very keen on keeping his services at the club, as chipper, chief and bazza gorman all had payment meetings with brook a couple of fridays ago...i wonder how high the pay packet for him will be this year....however there is along time to go before the season starts and im sure that he will be approached by numerous other clubs....rumour has it rovers are keen on his services also, they organised a meeting in ballarat with him to which he never showed up to....wonder how that went down......

Word has it that hard man Noel Jacobs _( Nattee) will be at Dunolly next year in a coaching role. The big fella was a bit slow this year in the Lexton Plains League however, from a good source he's on a big fitness campainge. Good chance Jacobs will call on a few players from his coaching days as closer to Bendigo. Will only assist Dunolly with further new's that the local butcher may give it one more go also. Dunolly looking for big results in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back