Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Bushy have many supporters these days?? Supporter numbers over the last few years seemed to have dropped off. I guess it's sometimes difficult to maintain a supporter group when you are not aligned with a town as such.......???? Not sure.

Interesting that someone from the club such as you thinks that this is the way to go. Be interesting to see what transpires at the AGM.

obviously i dont want it to happen and will hope and pray that it wont happen. we do have the supporters, but i think due to lack of success over the years, they have waned a bit. if we can rebuild you will see them come back. steve's right, our 2's have been terrible for too long, haven't had a decent u/17's since jeremy humm was playing. we did have numbers this year in all grades, just not quality. and yeah, getting more than 4 to training on a tuesday is a must.

i heard today from a capbells creek committee member that they are very close to signing a big name coach couldnt get any names tho has anyone else heard? i did hear a few months ago that they had enquired about brian walsh former golden square coach

i heard today from a capbells creek committee member that they are very close to signing a big name coach couldnt get any names tho has anyone else heard? i did hear a few months ago that they had enquired about brian walsh former golden square coach
they did inquire about him and are about to announce him as their coach in the near future, heard it from a former CC player

Is this Walsh related to the other short Walsh's that have been around Creek for years?? Has he been out there before?? Non-playing I assume?

obviously i dont want it to happen and will hope and pray that it wont happen. we do have the supporters, but i think due to lack of success over the years, they have waned a bit. if we can rebuild you will see them come back. steve's right, our 2's have been terrible for too long, haven't had a decent u/17's since jeremy humm was playing. we did have numbers this year in all grades, just not quality. and yeah, getting more than 4 to training on a tuesday is a must.

Getting kids numbers up for is the place to start. If you can keep those kids together then they will eventually be competitive and a competitive junior side is the key to a strong club IMO. You need the constant stream of youngsters moving into the senior ranks which is something Bushy do not have. The bushy 2s have the rep of being the place to go if you can't get a game anywhere else. This is fine but the club needs to continue to improve this side and get it a few more rungs up the ladder to keep the better players interested. The 2s coach there last year did not recieve much support from the club so that would need to improve.

I hear you might be running for a position on the committee Groggsie??

Is this Walsh related to the other short Walsh's that have been around Creek for years?? Has he been out there before?? Non-playing I assume?
I dont think he is related to the walsh's that have been out there for years, Brian is a former Essendon and fitzroy footballer, recently coach white hills and before that golden square to BFL premiership, a fair pick up for the club to start with

BRIAN Walsh won Bendigo FL Michelson medal in 1969 (aged 18 y.o) when playing for Sandhurst. Then played for Carlton and Essendon before coaching career took off.
After terms at Fitzroy and Werribee noted above, coached Sandhurst to 1985 BFL grannie (lost to Nthn. United). Then transferred to G. Square as coach in 1st of 2 stints there. Square won the 1988 and 1989 flags under Walshie. Runners-up to South in 1990 which was P. Bradbury's 2nd year as Bloods' mentor.

There are a heap of Walshs associated with Sandhurst, all related to Brian. Among them --- Kevin Walsh was a very good HBF/winger for the Dragons while Brian's younger bro. Phillip played for the Square and had some assistant coaching roles a couple of years back.

Rich: Talbot Market is on again this Sunday. Are you blokes running the stall again to help raise $$$$$ for the "2008 Pickles' Fund" ??

Getting kids numbers up for is the place to start. If you can keep those kids together then they will eventually be competitive and a competitive junior side is the key to a strong club IMO. You need the constant stream of youngsters moving into the senior ranks which is something Bushy do not have. The bushy 2s have the rep of being the place to go if you can't get a game anywhere else. This is fine but the club needs to continue to improve this side and get it a few more rungs up the ladder to keep the better players interested. The 2s coach there last year did not recieve much support from the club so that would need to improve.

I hear you might be running for a position on the committee Groggsie??

you're exactly right rich, hedty is a good coach, but hard to be a good coach with what we had, me included! and yeah, they asked me if i was interested, so i guess i'll find out next week.

BRIAN Walsh won Bendigo FL Michelson medal in 1969 (aged 18 y.o) when playing for Sandhurst. Then played for Carlton and Essendon before coaching career took off.
After terms at Fitzroy and Werribee noted above, coached Sandhurst to 1985 BFL grannie (lost to Nthn. United). Then transferred to G. Square as coach in 1st of 2 stints there. Square won the 1988 and 1989 flags under Walshie. Runners-up to South in 1990 which was P. Bradbury's 2nd year as Bloods' mentor.

There are a heap of Walshs associated with Sandhurst, all related to Brian. Among them --- Kevin Walsh was a very good HBF/winger for the Dragons while Brian's younger bro. Phillip played for the Square and had some assistant coaching roles a couple of years back.

Rich: Talbot Market is on again this Sunday. Are you blokes running the stall again to help raise $$$$$ for the "2008 Pickles' Fund" ??

If Talbot have to do a little bit of hard work (which is great club spirit) to have a coach in Pickles be a part of 08 and there after, what the hell are Campbells Creek gonna do to retain Walsh '08 '09 '10. A club that had to go into recess at the start of '07 and didnt have any team or club spirit for a good 5 or so years before this year. Do they have new committee? club leaders? players? supporters? What rabbit can the Creek possibly pull out their hat to keep this bloke? It was about 2 or 3 years ago I was talking to a Creek player/committee member, and he said, "...yeah, Brendon Shepard is all but signed to play..." Brendon Shep obviously didnt sign cause he didnt play. Maybe he along with any other big coo that they have tried to put pen to paper could smell something a little foul down in the magpie nest? I belive in rebuilding, well done just to get the side up and going, BUT I'm also a realest, looking through the credintals of Walsh you would have to say he'll get some pretty good pat and maybe want to recruit some blokes that would demaned some good coin also. Baby steps Campbells Creek, baby steps.

I think there is a raffle this week Jock....... Not much money required for the Prickles fund. The bloke wanted to move closer to home, our ground is within 10 minutes of his house and he wants a flag and we feel we are close. Money was not an issue in all honesty. After coaching us to two Granny's in 02 & 03 he has a bit of unfinished business at Talbot.

If Talbot have to do a little bit of hard work (which is great club spirit) to have a coach in Pickles be a part of 08 and there after, what the hell are Campbells Creek gonna do to retain Walsh '08 '09 '10. A club that had to go into recess at the start of '07 and didnt have any team or club spirit for a good 5 or so years before this year. Do they have new committee? club leaders? players? supporters? What rabbit can the Creek possibly pull out their hat to keep this bloke? It was about 2 or 3 years ago I was talking to a Creek player/committee member, and he said, "...yeah, Brendon Shepard is all but signed to play..." Brendon Shep obviously didnt sign cause he didnt play. Maybe he along with any other big coo that they have tried to put pen to paper could smell something a little foul down in the magpie nest? I belive in rebuilding, well done just to get the side up and going, BUT I'm also a realest, looking through the credintals of Walsh you would have to say he'll get some pretty good pat and maybe want to recruit some blokes that would demaned some good coin also. Baby steps Campbells Creek, baby steps.

I see what your saying Meltdown but I honestly think the most important thing is to get themselves back on the field in 08. No point looking further ahead because if they dont get themselves back next year they will be done for good. I dont mind the idea of hiring a high profile coach. Should bring in some recruits and get the locals excited and back into their footy. All the best to the creekers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see what your saying Meltdown but I honestly think the most important thing is to get themselves back on the field in 08. No point looking further ahead because if they dont get themselves back next year they will be done for good. I dont mind the idea of hiring a high profile coach. Should bring in some recruits and get the locals excited and back into their footy. All the best to the creekers!

Feels like I might be opening up a can of worms here KR, I mean no disrespect when I ask the question, what other high profile coaches are in the MCDFL? Martin - a gun and demands respect, much talked about footballer, D.Smith - I here might be gone to play else where, but gifted footballer, Lachy Brown - awesome awesome awesome. Sorry if I cant name any others my knowledge in this league dosent extend out to Avoca, Royal Park and Donally. High profile coaches have been through other clubs, Newstead - Oliver, Marybrough - J.Elliot. These clubs or any other have been able to handle the transition of these good quality coaches enter and then leave. There have been many names in this league not high profile that have done the job coaching just as good if not better than someone with a list as long as your arm full of awards. Is it critical for Creek to go after someone like Walsh? Or was it all they could get?

Feels like I might be opening up a can of worms here KR, I mean no disrespect when I ask the question, what other high profile coaches are in the MCDFL? Martin - a gun and demands respect, much talked about footballer, D.Smith - I here might be gone to play else where, but gifted footballer, Lachy Brown - awesome awesome awesome. Sorry if I cant name any others my knowledge in this league dosent extend out to Avoca, Royal Park and Donally. High profile coaches have been through other clubs, Newstead - Oliver, Marybrough - J.Elliot. These clubs or any other have been able to handle the transition of these good quality coaches enter and then leave. There have been many names in this league not high profile that have done the job coaching just as good if not better than someone with a list as long as your arm full of awards. Is it critical for Creek to go after someone like Walsh? Or was it all they could get?

I honestly don't get what you're saying there Meltdown. It sounds like Walsh is a high profile coach and saying "Or was it all they could get?" doesn't sound right. Looking at his resume most clubs would probably be happy if he "was all they could get".

Creek are up against it for sure. Their players went elsewhere last season and now they have to try and get them all back. Clubs have successfully come back from recess and I hope for the sake of the league Creek can too.

I don't get whether you are knocking them or their selection in coach. Walsh obviously doesn't mind a challenge as it would be the hardest job in the MCDFL for 2008. I couldn't see anyone taking the job on thinking it's only a one year proposition. He'd know it will take a few years to get them back into a powerful position.

I think it was critical for them to get a coach ASAP. There's no point shopping around for too long because they have to get started if they want to field a team in 08.

You can add Bendigo Pioneers coach in the late '90's to his resume as well there Jock... Very good coach..

I heard D. Smith has stepped back from coaching and will play on at Harcourt in a lesser role.

I honestly don't get what you're saying there Meltdown. It sounds like Walsh is a high profile coach and saying "Or was it all they could get?" doesn't sound right. Looking at his resume most clubs would probably be happy if he "was all they could get".

Creek are up against it for sure. Their players went elsewhere last season and now they have to try and get them all back. Clubs have successfully come back from recess and I hope for the sake of the league Creek can too.

I don't get whether you are knocking them or their selection in coach. Walsh obviously doesn't mind a challenge as it would be the hardest job in the MCDFL for 2008. I couldn't see anyone taking the job on thinking it's only a one year proposition. He'd know it will take a few years to get them back into a powerful position.

I think it was critical for them to get a coach ASAP. There's no point shopping around for too long because they have to get started if they want to field a team in 08.
Sorry for not sounding too clear, Walsh is by far a high profile coach. He'd have to be non playing and asking for some sort of decent coin. No doubt his good at what he does, but what sort of other footballers was he up against when he applied for the coaching position? Was there any one else? Playing coach? Or was it/he all they could get?

Sorry for not sounding too clear, Walsh is by far a high profile coach. He'd have to be non playing and asking for some sort of decent coin. No doubt his good at what he does, but what sort of other footballers was he up against when he applied for the coaching position? Was there any one else? Playing coach? Or was it/he all they could get?

I'd doubt that they would have got any applications. I would guess they actively went out to get a coach. A lot of the time the struggling teams do not get any applicants. I think the days of putting an add in the paper and sifting through the applicants are almost gone for the MCDFL.

You are right there aren't too many other coaches in the league that you would regard as high profile. I understand what ur saying about the money side of things.... I think ur getting at that they are maybe using up too much on the coach and should be aiming smaller etc. I have to disagree with that thats all mate. They MUST get the club up this year or they are dead. IMO I would go try and go out and get the best and most high profile coach I could. I think this is the best way to attract new and old players to the club. Who knows, perhaps he is coming out very cheap as a favour. I just think they needed a coach quick and a half known coach and they have done that!

I do hear what ur saying though regarding the cash. Trentham spent up this year, IMO they had to to stay alive as well, and it didn't work out but I would think their club will survive next year now though.

I'd doubt that they would have got any applications. I would guess they actively went out to get a coach. A lot of the time the struggling teams do not get any applicants. I think the days of putting an add in the paper and sifting through the applicants are almost gone for the MCDFL.

Agreed. Clubs seek coaches... coaches dont seek clubs these days!

Brad Ross to Carsbrook? Thought he might follow Martin to Talbot. Makepeace talking to YCW.

I have heard this also so assume it's true. He has been linked to most clubs in the MCDFL + also going to Rokewood with JMAC. Good luck to him. On not a lot of coin too word has it. Dont think Talbot spoke to him formally.

Heard Lloydy and Kicky are heading back to Brook next year. Heard they have also come across a ruckman for next season but his name escapes me. They certainly need some height if they want to challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back