Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Clubs seek coaches... coaches dont seek clubs these days!

Yep. I'm gettin what ya sayin. KR, you mentioned that Trentham spent up big for little return. Who, exactly, did they get at the helm? A bloke by the name of A.D. Coles is that right? Quality? No pun intended, i know they finished last, did he not have enough around him? Anyway, I know Bobby Beare well enough that if it were put to him to give it a crack in coaching the senior side, he would, for next to nothing, and love it. The blokes a footy junkie with an awesome footy brain and a great wealth of experience behind him. Maybe Coles had something better to give than Bob. Not sure, any you guys know?

Yep. I'm gettin what ya sayin. KR, you mentioned that Trentham spent up big for little return. Who, exactly, did they get at the helm? A bloke by the name of A.D. Coles is that right? Quality? No pun intended, i know they finished last, did he not have enough around him? Anyway, I know Bobby Beare well enough that if it were put to him to give it a crack in coaching the senior side, he would, for next to nothing, and love it. The blokes a footy junkie with an awesome footy brain and a great wealth of experience behind him. Maybe Coles had something better to give than Bob. Not sure, any you guys know?

Not sure if Coles would of been on a hell of alot of coin. It's just hard for Trentham as they have to pay $100 for a $50 player etc so they may have paid a bit. Coles did well to stick it out all year keep everyone keen and field 2 full sides every week. Its a great building block for next year. As for Bobby I think he might of started playing twos mid year and ended up playing in a grand final. Can't give you any insight into why he didn't coach but must congratulate Coles. One of the toughest jobs in country footy.

Not sure if Coles would of been on a hell of alot of coin. It's just hard for Trentham as they have to pay $100 for a $50 player etc so they may have paid a bit. Coles did well to stick it out all year keep everyone keen and field 2 full sides every week. Its a great building block for next year. As for Bobby I think he might of started playing twos mid year and ended up playing in a grand final. Can't give you any insight into why he didn't coach but must congratulate Coles. One of the toughest jobs in country footy.

Thanks Crank, Bob must have had a blinder if he started mid season to win a league medal. Your right, tough gig in a land where 2degrees above zero is a heat wave.

Yeah that Beare can certainly play the game. I believe Crank is right.... came in mid year so wouldn't have been a coaching candidate. Colesy did alright with what he had.... good on him for giving it a go. I dont believe he is going around again though.

Yeah that Beare can certainly play the game. I believe Crank is right.... came in mid year so wouldn't have been a coaching candidate. Colesy did alright with what he had.... good on him for giving it a go. I dont believe he is going around again though.
Thanks King, no news on who might have the gig next year? Hope they dont leave it too late or they might be in the same poo as Creek, without a paddle.

Word is a potential Brook recruit may be pulling the pin soon and heading elsewhere for a bit more cash. Apparently the budget is getting stretched pretty thin after the potential signings of Kicky and Lloydy!

I believe the ruckman they thought they had from Bungaree may have also signed at Rokewood also....... shame! :)

Interesting letter in the Maryborough Addy today from Kel Noonan regarding the initiation of merger talks between Rovers and Royal Park. Worth a read if you get the chance.
I know that the league executive is keen to base its operations at Hedges oval, including the playing of all finals at that venue.

Interesting letter in the Maryborough Addy today from Kel Noonan regarding the initiation of merger talks between Rovers and Royal Park. Worth a read if you get the chance.
I know that the league executive is keen to base its operations at Hedges oval, including the playing of all finals at that venue.

Gee i look forward to seeing september action from hedges oval :eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

On a lighter note its 95% fact an MCDFL club has signed a coach or assistant coach, the player being an ex-natte '07 player. Will post more when i can, im suprised nobodys been onto it. :)

Gee i look forward to seeing september action from hedges oval :eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

On a lighter note its 95% fact an MCDFL club has signed a coach or assistant coach, the player being an ex-natte '06 player. Will post more when i can, im suprised nobodys been onto it. :)

B. Ross to Carisbrook as assistant coach that is all the talk.

95% fact I like that.:D

What's he got to do with Bushy at this current point in time. Last I heard, he was on the board at Maryborough.

On a lighter note its 95% fact an MCDFL club has signed a coach or assistant coach, the player being an ex-natte '06 player. Will post more when i can, im suprised nobodys been onto it. :)

Cannot see any advantage in playing all if any finals at Hedges Oval. I realise why it was done this year as PP was taken up by the Burra Magpies.

95% fact? Did he only sign half his name? Is it Ross to Brook or Jacobs to Dunolly or even D Mcnamee to Dunolly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot see any advantage in playing all if any finals at Hedges Oval. I realise why it was done this year as PP was taken up by the Burra Magpies.

95% fact? Did he only sign half his name? Is it Ross to Brook or Jacobs to Dunolly or even D Mcnamee to Dunolly?

I think you want your finals to be a good display for the league and for other leagues to see. To play on Princes Park is good as it is near the size of most District League Grounds.

Some teams get lost on the big ground at Hedges as it forces them to play a different brand of footy to what they do for the rest of the year. Same goes for the LPFL and CHFL grand finals at North Ballarat. :thumbsdown:

Agreed with 1st paragraph. Kelvin probably wants maryborough magpies to be a powerhouse again and by folding one district club and kicking district finals off their ground might help :confused:.

And the reason for 95% is he hasnt told me personally, but a very good source has. Almost Put the house on it. It isnt the Ross rumour. Probably said to much already.:cool:

Agreed with 1st paragraph. Kelvin probably wants maryborough magpies to be a powerhouse again and by folding one district club and kicking district finals off their ground might help :confused:.

And the reason for 95% is he hasnt told me personally, but a very good source has. Almost Put the house on it. It isnt the Ross rumour. Probably said to much already.:cool:

D-mac is a definite to Dunolly. Dunno whether in a coaching role or not. Jacobs was rumoured to be an assistant

When is the MCDFL Annual Meeting? Seems a lttle late?

Rumour has it that Jock Sellers is standing down as Pres and a certain MCDFL identity out Talbot way may be seeking the position. Ouch!!!

There must be someone at exec level that could present a better image of the League.

Are they going to take up the Ballarat Hub offer this season?

That is if the offer is still on the table.

Ward and his crew did a very good job with the lexton Plains this season.

MCDFL missed a great opportunity to move with the times.

mcfl clubs mite like princess pk thurra but avoca certinly didnt, come grannie time the stripey boys bootd just the one goal to apple eatrs 8 by the frst change game, set match to harcrt

mcfl clubs mite like princess pk thurra but avoca certinly didnt, come grannie time the stripey boys bootd just the one goal to apple eatrs 8 by the frst change game, set match to harcrt
They did it very well. A top class effort from a top class team.

I believe the ruckman they thought they had from Bungaree may have also signed at Rokewood also....... shame! :)

That ruckman would be Eathen Johnson and I don't think they thought they had him. Rokewood were the front runners all along.

I hear Talbot Ruckman Tommy Sutherland won't be goin round in 08......shame!:)

That ruckman would be Eathen Johnson and I don't think they thought they had him. Rokewood were the front runners all along.

I hear Talbot Ruckman Tommy Sutherland won't be goin round in 08......shame!:)

welcome back roger! long time no see! (except seeing you in that hilarious outfit last night)

Word is a potential Brook recruit may be pulling the pin soon and heading elsewhere for a bit more cash. Apparently the budget is getting stretched pretty thin after the potential signings of Kicky and Lloydy!

Rich Rich, when will your sources get it right mate. All recruiting is tracking well as I'm sure a man of your knowledge and insight to the going's on will find out. What budget, I did'nt think that their was a salary cap anymore, open slather. Never spoke to Eathan Johnson from Bungaree, wrong mail again old mate. Perhaps you should put your hand up to be Santa at your up coming Xmas break up and stick to something you could do well. Ho Ho ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back