Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that the only reason that Max and Old Jock have been involeved for so long is to stop the Mayor of Talbot getting in. ( the Old w***er) Imagine the damge he could do! Any of the fellas listed above would lift the image of the league greatly!! They Are business people with a smart mind....after all footy is big business these days!

max seems 2 do a good job as sec.
only problm is on match days hes so busy in the office he dosnt get to see the matches much so his writeups for the papers r prety general and lack detail about incidents/lead-up to goals/whos playing on who etccc.....

Brad Hunt following the money to Brook.... He told someone at the pub that on Sat night. Interesting decision by him.

Same old story with the league presidency thing..... Everyone is prepared to whinge but no one is prepared to put their hand up to do the work!

According to Dunolly website, Daniel Macnamee has been appointed as Senior football Coach. Could be a good move? He knows how to pull the money in.

Natte will miss his money making ventures.

http://www.dunollyfc.vcfl.com.au/

Vicky Tierney? appointed netball coach.

Word has it a few of the netball girls are not impressed by this decision. Last year’s coach is well liked and took them to the Granny for the first time in years and the committee dumped him for some reason (something about sponsorship money from new netball coach was mentioned??).

Got to keep those netball girls happy to keep the harmony around the club.

Brad Hunt following the money to Brook.... He told someone at the pub that on Sat night. Interesting decision by him.
I think you'll find Hunt sought Carisbrook and isn't 'following the money' wasn't Carisbrooks well running dry the other week Rich?

Same old story with the league presidency thing..... Everyone is prepared to whinge but no one is prepared to put their hand up to do the work!

True about this one Rich. Current people involved do have a dip.

With Carisbrook looking pretty good short term, the long term beyond their recruits they pull from year to year looks bad. As an example, players such as Daniel Wilson leaving the club because the senior "bought team" is full will hurt. Clubs have to manage their recruits with the local talent or it could end up messy down the track and Carisbrook isnt doing this.

With Carisbrook looking pretty good short term, the long term beyond their recruits they pull from year to year looks bad. As an example, players such as Daniel Wilson leaving the club because the senior "bought team" is full will hurt. Clubs have to manage their recruits with the local talent or it could end up messy down the track and Carisbrook isnt doing this.

Not sure about your comments Alpaca, Carisbrook has been competitive for sometime and a large reason for that is the excellent junior program that has been in place for 8-10 years. A lot of these kids who have come through this program now play senior's or are part of the very young reserves side. There has alway's been spaces available for the good young kids coming through. But unless these kids are able to be part of competitve senior side with good players they don't continue there development at the club. Daniel Wilson is one of these kids who has been in and out of the seniors the last couple of seasons and would have played all the finals instead of the one if not for his injury's throughout the year. This season with the seniors being competitve and the young reserves and U/17's winning premierships is'nt a bad result. 12 of the U/17 are now to old and some of these will filter through the senior and reserves, some may move on to Maryborough. The club has worked to hard to have a good junior program and are very mindful of ensuring as many of these good young kids get their chance at senior football. There will be spaces in 2008.

Trentham has appointed Callen Young as coach, Coles got the flick due to some very poor on and off field incedents. Apparently the bloke had some poor form in Maldon as well, look liked it followed him to Trentham. Young might get some of the old heads around the town going again and spark the Saints up for '08, Good luck to him, plays some good footy, hope he can keep it going.

I see Brook is doing some good work in the off season. Brad Hunt from Avoca. Ben Kick and Brendon Lloyd from Bungaree and Brad Ross from Natte put pen to paper in the last 7 days. Should do their chances some good.

I don't know that Kick and Lloyd have signed anything yet. Very loose terming of the word Fact!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know that Kick and Lloyd have signed anything yet. Very loose terming of the word Fact!

Maybe my brook contacts have led me astray on that one but that was the talk. Maybe King Rich's talk of the budget shrinking has some fact to it...:D

So how far off the mark was I with Brad Hunt and Brad Ross?

I think you'll find Hunt sought Carisbrook and isn't 'following the money' wasn't Carisbrooks well running dry the other week Rich?

True about this one Rich. Current people involved do have a dip.

Well it wasn't said to me but FACT is Brad said to someone else that he will go where the money is. Obviously this is to Brook. Was on Sat night so he may have been charged up.

I like to encourage the Talbot/Brook rivalry but I give credit where credit is due. Their junior program is very good and they manage to keep a large percentage of their players and get a fair few of them into the seniors. Would be nice to see a few more hang around for longer but its getting more difficult at all clubs these days with work drying up in the area. Still quite a few home grown boys running around for the brook which is good to see.

People aren’t allowed to have an opinion Rich? I thought that was what this forum is about.

It's just a statement... No need to get Snippy Snippers!!! I believe a forum is also a spot to debate as well!

Jock has wanted to step down for a while but the fact is no one else will put their hand up. If Reiny wants to do it then good luck to him. His personality is not to everyones taste I agree but he is a very knowledgable footy man. If people dont like it I guess they need to bite the bullet and put in some work themselves.

Jock has wanted to step down for a while but the fact is no one else will put their hand up. If Reiny wants to do it then good luck to him. His personality is not to everyones taste I agree but he is a very knowledgable footy man. If people dont like it I guess they need to bite the bullet and put in some work themselves.

The fact that Jock wishes to step down is why I put some names up in my previous post, hoping to get some debate going. Although not too many showed an interest.

I too, do not believe that Reiny is the man for the job. Yes, he is a very knowledgeable footy man and has been a great clubman at Talbot, no doubt!

Not wishing to dump on him, but as you said King, his personality is not to everyone’s taste and I believe the President should be a leader that is well respected, unfortunately I don’t think that can be said for Reiny.

He has stood on far too many toes over the years.

He is also in the ageing bracket.

As far as biting the bullet goes, been there and done that, am also in the ageing bracket. :(
Time for some new blood!

There must be some up and comers out there. What about yourself King?
You are only young and seem to have a very strong passion for the League.

It's just a statement... No need to get Snippy Snippers!!! I believe a forum is also a spot to debate as well!

Sorry for getting “Snippy” there Rich:). I must have misinterpreted your “Statement”.

A Forum is for debate, but people will be reluctant to make comment if they are labelled as whingers:eek:. That was how I interpreted your above statement.

Trentham has appointed Callen Young as coach, Coles got the flick due to some very poor on and off field incedents. Apparently the bloke had some poor form in Maldon as well, look liked it followed him to Trentham. Young might get some of the old heads around the town going again and spark the Saints up for '08, Good luck to him, plays some good footy, hope he can keep it going.

Coles had a short but interesting stint with the Avoca Bulldogs.

Elaborate?

I can tell you that Coles' coaching tactics at Trentham were sooooooo bad that they insulted nearly every hardened spud farmer out there. He started it all off with an intra club match which his rev-up talk ended with "... now go out and have a red hot crack at the footy like you all had a crack at (girl not named) last night!!" Little did he know the brother and cousin of girl not named were in his team!
It gets better, the brother and cousin tried to pull him up but he fobbed it off. The boys took it to the committee, and a meeting was held, in which his defense was "... well its true, everyones gone through her.."
I think his courting tactics to girl not named continued throughout the season, but it might have fallen on deaf ears.
If this is what happened at little ol' Trentham, I could only imagine what happened at Avoca......no....wait.....I couldnt imagine, I dont think it possible for anyone to imagine what goes on through this guys head!!!
Senior coach, club leader, role model, club with great history and spirit, nice one.

I can tell you that Coles' coaching tactics at Trentham were sooooooo bad that they insulted nearly every hardened spud farmer out there. He started it all off with an intra club match which his rev-up talk ended with "... now go out and have a red hot crack at the footy like you all had a crack at (girl not named) last night!!" Little did he know the brother and cousin of girl not named were in his team!
It gets better, the brother and cousin tried to pull him up but he fobbed it off. The boys took it to the committee, and a meeting was held, in which his defense was "... well its true, everyones gone through her.."
I think his courting tactics to girl not named continued throughout the season, but it might have fallen on deaf ears.
If this is what happened at little ol' Trentham, I could only imagine what happened at Avoca......no....wait.....I couldnt imagine, I dont think it possible for anyone to imagine what goes on through this guys head!!!
Senior coach, club leader, role model, club with great history and spirit, nice one.

Was a stain on the field and seems like a stain off the field!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back