Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI specially to those who have got no where else to go!

All is welcome - please PM me for futher info

The Fitzroy Stars FC are holding a BBQ to seek interest of potential players. The Northern Football League are seeking a list of potential players to coincide with our application, the NFL will be considering our entry into the NFL on Monday 10th December;

When:
This Wednesday 5th December 2007

Where:
Aborigines Advancement League
2 Watt Street, Thornbury

Time:
5.30pm Onwards

Supporters and any Interested Members are encouraged to come along, we hope to see you there.

Lexton and Natte would be very strong sides in the MCDFL. Top 5 for sure. Natte especially have good financial backing and would become one of the powerhouses.

Don’t think Lexton would be too keen to join the MCDFL. Most of their players (nearly all) are based in Ballarat. IMO they would rather play in a league based around Ballarat.

Natte would definitely be a top 5 prospect; however, I am not sure how good that financial backing is going to be now that Daniel Macnamee has left the club. He put a very good sponsorship program in place out there and not sure if they have anyone with the skills to replace him.

Speaking of Daniel Macnamee, does anyone know how Dunolly’s first training run went on Monday night? Many there? Was Noel Jacobs there?

Don’t think Lexton would be too keen to join the MCDFL. Most of their players (nearly all) are based in Ballarat. IMO they would rather play in a league based around Ballarat.

Natte would definitely be a top 5 prospect; however, I am not sure how good that financial backing is going to be now that Daniel Macnamee has left the club. He put a very good sponsorship program in place out there and not sure if they have anyone with the skills to replace him.

Speaking of Daniel Macnamee, does anyone know how Dunolly’s first training run went on Monday night? Many there? Was Noel Jacobs there?

Natte will be fine financially and would be a top 5 side for sure. They never relied on sponsorship before last season so I'm sure they will be fine. There is a lot of money in that area. The league should do everything possible to get them into the MCDFL.

Noel Jacobs is retiring from football. The Natte crew are fairly certain of that.

Natte will be fine financially and would be a top 5 side for sure. They never relied on sponsorship before last season so I'm sure they will be fine. There is a lot of money in that area.

That may be so Thoroughbred, but word has it they spent a lot more this year than in the past. They had to, to be competitive with the ballarat teams.

The league should do everything possible to get them into the MCDFL.

I agree, the league should be chasing them hard.

I think many people agree that the MCDFL should go down the track of the hub system whether that be with Ballarat or Bendigo at this stage is the question. With the AGM next Wednesday night, I am very nervous that unless some homework is done before this meeting we will go and get rail roaded into appointing office bearers without the opportunity to further discuss the hub system. How can you go to an AGM where new office bearers are appointed without first allowing the clubs the right to further discuss the hub? We need to have a meeting of clubs before this date, then go to the AGM and put forth our vote of adopting this system, if the vote is in favour, then we can appoint a President and discuss what other responsibilities we would want the hub to manage. Sectarial duties as well as Treasurary etc. I believe we need to head down this track for a lot of reasons, we don't need to be locked in as some people may think. We have the option of a trial period for 12 months. Why not do this? But as I said the intial challenge is to get the opportunity to discuss this and I'm sure if we just turn up next week we won't. I would also like to state that I think that the current office bearers have done a great job for a long period of time, but it's time for change for the MCDFL.

I think many people agree that the MCDFL should go down the track of the hub system whether that be with Ballarat or Bendigo at this stage is the question. With the AGM next Wednesday night, I am very nervous that unless some homework is done before this meeting we will go and get rail roaded into appointing office bearers without the opportunity to further discuss the hub system. How can you go to an AGM where new office bearers are appointed without first allowing the clubs the right to further discuss the hub? We need to have a meeting of clubs before this date, then go to the AGM and put forth our vote of adopting this system, if the vote is in favour, then we can appoint a President and discuss what other responsibilities we would want the hub to manage. Sectarial duties as well as Treasurary etc. I believe we need to head down this track for a lot of reasons, we don't need to be locked in as some people may think. We have the option of a trial period for 12 months. Why not do this? But as I said the intial challenge is to get the opportunity to discuss this and I'm sure if we just turn up next week we won't. I would also like to state that I think that the current office bearers have done a great job for a long period of time, but it's time for change for the MCDFL.

Great post LTM! Some very good forward thinking!

Perhaps both hub administrators could be invited to the meeting of clubs to give a presentation of what they can offer.

i hear rovers have some very good young blood coming through is this true? and if so who are they? if this is true and some old heads headin towards the club could they push as a contender this year?

i hear rovers have some very good young blood coming through is this true? and if so who are they? if this is true and some old heads headin towards the club could they push as a contender this year?
from what i hear is no one will beat carisbrook as they are getting lots of recruits

To get back to the max martin topic dont 4get he virtually runs the new years day festival on his own okay thats a bit of an exageratn but he does a power of work with the athletics side of thngs as well as organisng all the big blokes tossing rocks n cabers and shot puts around

That may be so Thoroughbred, but word has it they spent a lot more this year than in the past. They had to, to be competitive with the ballarat teams.

Heard direct from Natte AGM that they are $3k down this year on what they had in the bank last year. Not much in the scheme of things. Especially when they played one more game this year being a grand final and i imagine they would have been paying $2k a match. My guess is they over spent by $1k :eek:

Heard direct from Natte AGM that they are $3k down this year on what they had in the bank last year. Not much in the scheme of things. Especially when they played one more game this year being a grand final and i imagine they would have been paying $2k a match. My guess is they over spent by $1k :eek:

I haven't known any clubs to pay players during finals. Is this common place or not?

Good post LTM. I think the positives of the hub far outweight the negatives and if we can have a trial period I would think it wont hurt at all. It's a very sensitive issue for the current administrators though people have to realise. The comp has been their 'baby' for so long that it will be hard for them to let it go. We need to make sure we retain their services in some capacity and not alienate them as they do plenty of good work.

I doubt the club meeting idea will get off the ground at such late notice. I guess their prob just needs to be action taken before the AGM commences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from what i hear is no one will beat carisbrook as they are getting lots of recruits

Avoca, Carisbrook & Talbot listen up. Come finals time Harcourt were still a 6 goal better side than all of you. Brook did come close but all things being the same were not up to Harcourt.

Harcourt still very much the ones to beat and will 'probably' 3 peat IMO. Get fitter, gel as a team as it will take an almighty feat to knock off the apple eaters.

Not sure if that means that they only spent a similar amount to last season?

There sponsorship income was very much increased. They may have spent a large proportion of it on players?

LTM - Your post is like a breath of fresh air. It's a credit to you that you have come out in print.
I have nothing but admiration for those who have taken on administrative positions in the past but as most of you are probably aware, (like it or not) football has become a business which needs impartial professionals to do the behind the scenes leg work.

The hub concept is likened to a super market where the league can select what facets it would like done by the hub (the program, sponsorship, registrations etc, etc), while the league delegates still retain the right to control the MCDFL's destiny.

To get back to the max martin topic dont 4get he virtually runs the new years day festival on his own okay thats a bit of an exageratn but he does a power of work with the athletics side of thngs as well as organisng all the big blokes tossing rocks n cabers and shot puts around

What point are you trying to put forward here fifth quarter? Your post is a little cryptic.

Noone would ever discount the amount of time and effort that Max Martin has devoted to public life over many decades.

Avoca, Carisbrook & Talbot listen up. Come finals time Harcourt were still a 6 goal better side than all of you. Brook did come close but all things being the same were not up to Harcourt.

Harcourt still very much the ones to beat and will 'probably' 3 peat IMO. Get fitter, gel as a team as it will take an almighty feat to knock off the apple eaters.

geez big call there crank, i tend to partially agree and it was proven that they were better but i feel you have over exaggerated our apple eaters..definitely had avoca and talbots measure but were a bit lucky as you said in that close one, couple of things didnt go brooks way you'll agree injuries etc but when it counted there we were, thats why we are a champion team!

i wish i shared your confidence for this 3-peat, but its fair to say there is a changing of the guard this year! and no more deraugo tipping in gold ones it wont be easy!! carisbrook wouldnt need to add much more, definitely height it cost ya and talbot seem to be shaping well again wont need much at all, i consider them the leading contender at this stage ive seen prickles in action for many years he is a class operator :thumbsu:

IMO go the bendigo hub, less leagues in area compared to brat more competition for players and better conditions but only just..but then again im biased

IMO go the bendigo hub, less leagues in area compared to brat more competition for players and better conditions but only just..but then again im biased[/quote]

Bendigo hub will have the Heathcote, Loddon Valley, Bendigo, Bendigo jnr and possibly the North Central league under it's hub. Ballarat has Lexton Plains, Ballarat & Ballarat jnr leagues. As far as having more time to focus on improving the league, Ballarat seems a better alternative from that point of view.

Was informed last night that the M.C Umpires Group have signed an agreement with the Ballarat Football Umpires Association who are administered out of Saxon House.

Another good point in Ballarat’s favour!

Saxon House is also where the VCFL Area Manager is based.

Should the MCDFL Clubs therefore agree to join the Ballarat Football Hub, it would result in the MCDFL Administration, MCDFL Umpiring and the VCFL Area Manager all being located together on a full time basis at Saxon House.
The convenience of this point alone is a big plus.

I am yet to witness any strong compelling arguments in favour of the Bendigo Hub.

I don’t really put any stock in the distance theory either. 5 clubs in the league are close to Bendigo (if C/C reforms) and 5 clubs are close to Ballarat. And Brook is the same distance to both.
Maryborough to Ballarat is 67kms and Maryborough to Bendigo is 69kms. It means nothing really! The decision should be made on who will best administer the league!

Come on guys, get your points of view out there and convince me that I am heading in the wrong direction with my bias to the Ballarat Hub.:)

Come on guys, get your points of view out there and convince me that I am heading in the wrong direction with my bias to the Ballarat Hub.:)

You're not heading in the wrong direction. There maybe 5 closer to Bendigo and 5 closer to Ballarat but who is the next team to come into the MCDFL? The obvious answer is Natte which has relied on Ballarat players to prop them up for years. Except for this upcoming year with the Elmore guy coaching. Navarre could be a chance too and they are a Ballarat reliant club too.

I think things will move more smoothly in getting Natte into the league if both leagues were under the one hub.

I can't honestly see 1 good reason to go with Bendigo.

geez big call there crank, i tend to partially agree and it was proven that they were better but i feel you have over exaggerated our apple eaters..definitely had avoca and talbots measure but were a bit lucky as you said in that close one, couple of things didnt go brooks way you'll agree injuries etc but when it counted there we were, thats why we are a champion team!

i wish i shared your confidence for this 3-peat, but its fair to say there is a changing of the guard this year! and no more deraugo tipping in gold ones it wont be easy!! carisbrook wouldnt need to add much more, definitely height it cost ya and talbot seem to be shaping well again wont need much at all, i consider them the leading contender at this stage ive seen prickles in action for many years he is a class operator :thumbsu:

IMO go the bendigo hub, less leagues in area compared to brat more competition for players and better conditions but only just..but then again im biased

Hey there, Candyman , been following this thread for much of the year with great interest . Not sure where you get your facts from mate, but as far as the sponsorship from the man himself - De Aurago - he hasn't been in the top 5 sponsors for Harcourt since Cetraro presided over the club back in 2004. May have been involved with the juniors at some point as he has a couple of little kids but no "truckload of coin" for many seasons which hasn't seemed to make much of a difference financially mainly due to the tireless efforts of Mr M Murphy & his loyal associates!!!
Bring on 2008................Go the lions..!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back