Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell's Creek Back!

I am delighted to advise that as of 8.30pm tonight that the Campbell's Creek FC have officially been confirmed to take their place in the MCDFNL Fixture for the 2008 season.

As a result, the 11 team fixture originally distributed (copy attached) will be followed in the forthcoming season.

Campbell's Creek FC have done a tremendous job over the summer, as history shows that for any club to "come back" from recess is incredibly difficult.

To confirm their place in the 2008 MCDFNL Fixture, the CCFC were required to register 15 senior and 15 Under 17 players by 9pm tonight. The Club is currently faxing through Registrations for 21 Senior players, with a likely 7 more to follow, along with numbers in excess of the required 15 for the Under 17 side.

As a result, the CCFC will (at the very minimum) field Senior and Under 17 Football & Netball sides for the 2008 season. There is growing confidence at the club that they may even field a Reserves side, but this will be confirmed over the next week.

The MCDFNL wish to commend all involved at the club for their efforts and perseverance in achieving this outstanding result, and in particular to the tireless work done by Campbells Creek FC President Daryl Best.

The MCDFNL are thrilled to have Campbell's Creek FC officially "back" for the 2008 season, and look forward to their Round 1 home game V's Carisbrook on Saturday 5th April.

Well done lads.

source= www.vcfl.com.au

Very strong rumours floating that both Bond boys will be suiting up with the Maryborough FC this upcoming season. This would be massive losses for Talbot with both figuring in the goalkicking and best week in week out for the Hawks.

Good luck to both lads at having a crack in the BFL, both of them having obvious ability.

Very strong rumours floating that both Bond boys will be suiting up with the Maryborough FC this upcoming season. This would be massive losses for Talbot with both figuring in the goalkicking and best week in week out for the Hawks.

Good luck to both lads at having a crack in the BFL, both of them having obvious ability.

Not confirmed.

can someone please tell me weather the mcdfl have an under 17 interleague game? if so who against?

MCDFL has an under 14 and 16 interleague side. These sides participate in a tournament in Ballarat each year against Central Highlands, Lexton Plains, Colac & District & Mininera leagues.

Avoca's practice match against YCW went off without a hitch. It was a very hot day and the ground's condition was just hanging in. Played over six 15m quarters. Although the Avoca boys would have run out easy winners it is difficult to know if the opposition was at full strength.

Another practice match is to be played against Moyston/Willaura on the 29th April. This game has been set down to be contested at the main oval in Ararat. The Alexandria oval I think it is called. It is spacious and apparently has an excellent surface and the players are looking forward to playing there. Details of all games of footy and netball and the times they will be played will be advertised on the Avoca Football Club's web site as soon as they become available.

Avoca's practice match against YCW went off without a hitch. It was a very hot day and the ground's condition was just hanging in. Played over six 15m quarters. Although the Avoca boys would have run out easy winners it is difficult to know if the opposition was at full strength.

Another practice match is to be played against Moyston/Willaura on the 29th April. This game has been set down to be contested at the main oval in Ararat. The Alexandria oval I think it is called. It is spacious and apparently has an excellent surface and the players are looking forward to playing there. Details of all games of footy and netball and the times they will be played will be advertised on the Avoca Football Club's web site as soon as they become available.

That would be the 29th of March for Moyston I assume Wonker??? Let us know if the fella with one arm is still running around for Moyston! He holds his own!

Hey Rich, I see big Tommy Sutherland has moved north. He'll big a significant loss for Talbot to cover. With the possibility of the Bond boys heading to maryborough, will you guys have the recruits to cover the losses?

Hey Rich, I see big Tommy Sutherland has moved north. He'll big a significant loss for Talbot to cover. With the possibility of the Bond boys heading to maryborough, will you guys have the recruits to cover the losses?

The "Definitely Finals" comment might be premature if those 2 head off. I would say Talbot will squash those rumours pretty soon though.

Tommy had to move with work unfortunately. He was very valuable last year and will be a loss, not much you can do about that. Talbot are confident of keeping both Bond boys. We are still recruiting and at this stage we think we are stronger than last year. How the last of our recruiting works out will determine exactly where we are at I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "Definitely Finals" comment might be premature if those 2 head off. I would say Talbot will squash those rumours pretty soon though.

I honestly cannot see us not playing finals. We should be able to put together a better unit than last year.... which wasn't too far off playing in a Grand Final. Beat Brook twice, pushed Harcourt and had Avoca on the ropes in both games before fading. Numbers at training have been good and everyone is positive. We have plenty of returning players that dont show up on the clearance list + a few more clearances to lodge yet.

This years comp seems to have strengthened with many of the top sides recruiting well so will be a tough and competitive year up the top I believe.

Guys, had a look at the Maryborough Rovers and Marong match last night with Rover running out victors by around 4-5 goals giving them a berth in the final I believe.

Due to conditions it was a scrappy match but never the less Rovers looked impressive in stages. Players to standout where new recruits D. Clark (11), J. Hooper (18) and the experienced M.Batson (5). John Hind kicked a couple I think in the half he played.

I think Rovers big summer on and off the track is starting to pay dividends even though it is early.

I was speaking with a couple of the players after, and they still have quite a few Senior players to come into that side.

Guys, had a look at the Maryborough Rovers and Marong match last night with Rover running out victors by around 4-5 goals giving them a berth in the final I believe.

Due to conditions it was a scrappy match but never the less Rovers looked impressive in stages. Players to standout where new recruits D. Clark (11), J. Hooper (18) and the experienced M.Batson (5). John Hind kicked a couple I think in the half he played.

I think Rovers big summer on and off the track is starting to pay dividends even though it is early.

I was speaking with a couple of the players after, and they still have quite a few Senior players to come into that side.

How do the 2 young Monk boys go.. think they play for the rovers...

Brandon McRedmond & Nathan Duffin for Talbot. Talbot will more than likely field a weakish junior team this year.

Tristan McGrath Bryce Fletcher and Nathan Coghan for Avoca, should have a fairly competitive team this year if all goes well.
icon7.gif

Trentham under 17s will be heading to barwon this saturday for a practice match against there under 18s. Trentham have recruited a gun player from the calder cannons. He is a handy on baller and kills it up forward. Definitly will be on of the top 5 players in season 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back