Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Many praccy matches on the weekend. We played and beat Creek.... but they will be competitive this year. Better than Trentham of last season that is for sure.

Heard Brook got well beaten by Wedderburn. Wedderburn have a very good side on the park this year mind you.

Rovers looked good in their night Grand Final on Friday night also.

Many praccy matches on the weekend. We played and beat Creek.... but they will be competitive this year. Better than Trentham of last season that is for sure.

Heard Brook got well beaten by Wedderburn. Wedderburn have a very good side on the park this year mind you.

Rovers looked good in their night Grand Final on Friday night also.

Did Gibson get a kick or just get in the way and block up space?

Trevor Field has put in a clearance to Natte! Has he ever played for another club other than Avoca?? Fair loss for Avoca.

He played on permit for Beaufort for about 8 matches back in 1990 and was leading their b&f when he left half way through the year. Would of thought trevor would be a bit old to play for another club as he is getting extremely close to 40. Does anyone think he could be thinking that there isn't enough room for him in Avoca's senior team and is to proud to drop down to the reserves?

gibbo only played 2 quarters, kicked 2 goals 2, was more than servicable in his first hit out for the club. will take a big man to stop him this year...

I believe he may have even kicked 3.1 but I may be wrong. He only played 2 quarters as did a number of senior players. Good first hit out for the big man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not in the slightest...still contributes alot to the afc on field
Yes he does still go alright and has been a great contributor to Avoca for many years.. Unfortunately though, Trev suffers from a little bit of figjamitis.

Due to his age Avoca tried to look after him a bit last year and rested him on the bench a bit, but Trev didn’t get it! He thought he should have been out there all of the game and took it as a bit of an insult.
Not sure if this has anything to do with him looking to go to Natte, but could have a bit to do with it.

Snippers,

Absolute crap what you wrote about Trevor. He has been a terrific servant of the Avoca FC and football in the area. Quality bloke both on and off field.

From my understanding he has decided to go to Natte for a change of scenery, Natte has not promised him anything but as he is friends with many of the troop there the move seems like a good one.

Good luck to him, Avoca FC will certainly miss him.

Snippers,

Absolute crap what you wrote about Trevor. He has been a terrific servant of the Avoca FC and football in the area. Quality bloke both on and off field.

From my understanding he has decided to go to Natte for a change of scenery, Natte has not promised him anything but as he is friends with many of the troop there the move seems like a good one.

I dont think everyone at Avoca shares your enthusiasm for Trevor LFG.

Snippers,

Your entitled to your opinion LFG, just as I am entitled to mine.

I don’t know what part you reckon was crap, I know it was fact, he told me so.

I agree with you, Trevor is a quality bloke and has been a terrific servant of the Avoca club. But IMO he does suffer from some Figjamitis. And that is also the opinion of many others. If you don’t agree with that assessment, then so be it.

Round 2 Fixture Change

Dear MCDFNL Clubs & Media,
Due to the ongoing drought and the subsequent closure of Hedges Oval (home ground of the Royal Park FC) the Maryborough Castlemaine DFNL has been forced to make a fixture change for Royal Parks Round 2 fixture.
As a result, the amended Round 2 of the MCDFNL fixture will be as follows:
Seniors
Saturday 12th April 2008
  • Dunolly V?s Campbells Creek @ Dunolly (No change)
  • Talbot V Maldon @ Talbot (No change)
  • Maryborough Rovers V Royal Park @ Maryborough Rovers (Match has been reversed with fixture later in season ? will now be a Maryborough Rovers FC home game)
  • Trentham V Avoca @ Trentham (No change)
  • Harcourt V Newstead @ Harcourt (No change)
The Royal Park FC has also had preliminary discussions with Newstead FC to make preliminary arrangements to also reverse their Round 4 game with Newstead should the club be unable to have their home ground in a playable condition by this date. The MCDFNL will advise further on this matter closer to the Round 4 ? 26th April date.

Source = www.vcfl.com.au

OK guys ..... tips for Round 1 due in.
And assessment about the Creek's prospects under Walshie this season.

Round 1 - Friday 4th April
Rovers v Talbot
Saturday 5th April
Campbells Creek v Carisbrook
Maldon v Dunolly
Avoca v Royal Park
Newstead v Trentham
Bye - Harcourt

Rovers v Talbot and Newstead v Trentham are the two tough ones to pick.

We saw Creek first hand last week. They are deficient in a lot of areas but will be more competitive than Trentham from last year. I expect they will win a couple of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back