Maryborough Castlemaine District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s good to hear King! Hopefully you can use some influence with the delegates at the meeting on Wednesday night.:)

I cant make it unfortunately Bucko. The old wednesday night is the only night not good for me. Pretty sure the Talbot representative will be for the hub though. I'm 99% sure no decision on the hub will be made at the AGM anyway. It will have to wait until the Jan meeting.

Sellars back to Rovers? doubt it will happen as I've heard he's been trying to get a former local player up to Nyah Nyah where he is.

A guy I was speaking to has been speaking to his Mum. She seems to think he may be coming home. If not to Rovers, more than likely to Castlemaine, possibly for more coin.

Going back a few posts, is there any news on Newstead?? Do they have a coach or committee yet??[/quote]

I was told that Newstead does have a committee and that Trethowan was to be coach. Apparently a player that Trethowan wanted to bring with him wasn't in favor with the committee and as such wasn't welcome at the club. Apparently this has put the coaching position up in the air.

Gunn from Rovers is showing some interest in going to Carisbrook along with Lloydy. Unsure about Ben Kick as he has suffered from stress fractures which has caused his immediate playing future to be placed under a cloud.

Going back a few posts, is there any news on Newstead?? Do they have a coach or committee yet??

I was told that Hewstead does have a committee and that Trethowan was to be coach. Apparently a player that Trethowan wanted to bring with him wasn't in favor with the committee and as such wasn't welcome at the club. Apparently this has put the coaching position up in the air.

Gunn from Rovers is showing some interest in going to Carisbrook along with Lloydy. Unsure about Ben Kick as he has suffered from stress fractures which has caused his immediate playing future to be placed under a cloud.[/quote]

I believe one positive for the Bendigo hub is that the two major league football teams within the district league ... Maryborough and Castlemaine, both play in the bendigo comp. This is where the clubs in the MCDFL should be encouraging their good young players to go if they want to play a higher standard, do a pre-season or learn a bit to take back to their respective clubs. The bendigo hub could help relationships between the major league teams and the district league.

.[/quote]

The bendigo hub could help relationships between the major league teams and the district league.[/quote]

How? What could they do that isn't already being done?

I believe one positive for the Bendigo hub is that the two major league football teams within the district league ... Maryborough and Castlemaine, both play in the bendigo comp.

Finally. One good reason to actually be in the Bendigo hub.

The whole 2 major leagues within the one hub is not an issue. There would have been less than 5 players go from the MCDFL to the NCFL in the last 10 years. There is no link and it shouldn't sway people's decisions over the Ballarat Hub.

Gunn from Rovers is showing some interest in going to Carisbrook along with Lloydy. Unsure about Ben Kick as he has suffered from stress fractures which has caused his immediate playing future to be placed under a cloud.

Yeah, Gunny has said he wants to head out to Brook, he was going to this year but never followed through. Be near certain, he's good mates with chipper and co

Gunn would be in their best 22 I would think. He is a good player on his day. What is it with blokes swapping teams in the league??? Any loyalty left these days???

If Gunn goes it cos he has a few mates out there. IMO MCDFL has bugger all team swapping compared to CHFL, both BFL's and especially the northern leagues.

If Gunn goes it cos he has a few mates out there. IMO MCDFL has bugger all team swapping compared to CHFL, both BFL's and especially the northern leagues.

i think you're rite there crank, you always get a few journey men like the scatter walkleys and johnny hinds etc, but i think the loyalty has always been fairly strong in the league. ya never see many people go from rovers or bushy to brook or talbot, or bushy to rovers, its nearly a cardinal sin.

I cant make it unfortunately Bucko. The old wednesday night is the only night not good for me. Pretty sure the Talbot representative will be for the hub though. I'm 99% sure no decision on the hub will be made at the AGM anyway. It will have to wait until the Jan meeting.

You were 100% correct about a decision not being made about the hub at last night's AGM King.
It was decided that a follow up meeting will be held at the Carisbrook clubrooms on Jan 14th at which both the adminstrators of the Ballarat and Bendigo hubs will be invited to give presentations regarding what each can offer to the MCDFL by way of administratiive support.

Clubs will then have a week to take this information on board and will meet again at Carisbrook a week later, Jan 21st, to make a decision.

Once the decision is made, nominations for office bearers will be dealt with and an executive duly elected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think you're rite there crank, you always get a few journey men like the scatter walkleys and johnny hinds etc, but i think the loyalty has always been fairly strong in the league. ya never see many people go from rovers or bushy to brook or talbot, or bushy to rovers, its nearly a cardinal sin.

I think the difference between Scatter and today's journey men is that he chased success rather than the dollar.

don't think he'd be good enough to play ones out there crank? seen him a fair bit, thought he'd possibly make their best 22

i concur last two years seems to have gone backwards..and if they are spending up as indicated dont see a spot for him the lloyds and kicks will fill those ahead of gunny

You were 100% correct about a decision not being made about the hub at last night's AGM King.
It was decided that a follow up meeting will be held at the Carisbrook clubrooms on Jan 14th at which both the adminstrators of the Ballarat and Bendigo hubs will be invited to give presentations regarding what each can offer to the MCDFL by way of administratiive support.

Was speaking to someone who attended last nights MCDFL meeting.

They said that Jock Sellers has stepped down as League president, but Max Martin didn’t indicate to the meeting that he would also be stepping down. (believe it when I see it)

Apparently RG was his usual self with rude remarks being thrown around at will.
It seems that the Netball girls got crap from him again.

And the other vice-president was apparently just as bad, some bloke from Maldon, Philpott??. Was questioned on something and got very irate with the person that asked the question!

It sounds like Jock has got out at the right time. MCDFL Executive is a shemozzle from all reports.

Bring on the hub system!

Was speaking to someone who attended last nights MCDFL meeting.

They said that Jock Sellers has stepped down as League president, but Max Martin didn’t indicate to the meeting that he would also be stepping down. (believe it when I see it)

Apparently RG was his usual self with rude remarks being thrown around at will.
It seems that the Netball girls got crap from him again.

And the other vice-president was apparently just as bad, some bloke from Maldon, Philpott??. Was questioned on something and got very irate with the person that asked the question!

It sounds like Jock has got out at the right time. MCDFL Executive is a shemozzle from all reports.

Bring on the hub system!

I have also heard something similar Snippers.

The netball girls are trying to be included in the league name for insurance purposes I believe. MCDFNL or something similar.

RG went around the delegates after the meeting and told them that he would stop it from happening if it was the last thing he does.
That’s dissapointing!

If the delegates don’t go with the hub this year, it will be a real worry what happens to the MCDFL in the short term. And even more so the long term.

I wonder if the VCFL have the power to step in and take over the administration like they did at a league in Melbourne, I think it was the diamond valley league?

Also heard that the league recorded an $8,000 loss for the 2007 season.

Isn’t that about the amount that a previous poster said they give away in free passes for the finals?

They have about $30,000 in the bank. Wouldn’t that be better off given back to the clubs as a dividend?

Although maybe they better keep it, if they lost 8 grand this year, they won’t have enough to get them through the next 4 years.

That hub is looking better and better all the time!

Also heard that the league recorded an $8,000 loss for the 2007 season.

Isn’t that about the amount that a previous poster said they give away in free passes for the finals?

They have about $30,000 in the bank. Wouldn’t that be better off given back to the clubs as a dividend?

Although maybe they better keep it, if they lost 8 grand this year, they won’t have enough to get them through the next 4 years.

That hub is looking better and better all the time!

I have been reluctant to comment on this until checking the balance sheet for myself.

Had a look at the balance sheet today and It appears that your figures are very close to the mark snippers.

It would even be worse if you take out the $4,000 dividend that the VCFL gave them and it is more like a $12,000 loss.

It is very disturbing that a number of clubs are still in arrears to the league to the value of $10,000. And 2 of these clubs still owe the league approximately $4,000 each. (3 months after the season is over)

It is equally disturbing that the League only attracted $1,000 in Sponsorship from the Business sector of the district. (Unbelievable!) LPFL attracted 30 times that amount!

Admin fees for the year were $13,500. This should be your minimum sponsorship target!
To cover admin fees of the league.

Evidence is overwhelming that a new administration system should be put in place immediately.

I have been reluctant to comment on this until checking the balance sheet for myself.

Had a look at the balance sheet today and It appears that your figures are very close to the mark snippers.

It would even be worse if you take out the $4,000 dividend that the VCFL gave them and it is more like a $12,000 loss.

It is very disturbing that a number of clubs are still in arrears to the league to the value of $10,000. And 2 of these clubs still owe the league approximately $4,000 each. (3 months after the season is over)

It is equally disturbing that the League only attracted $1,000 in Sponsorship from the Business sector of the district. (Unbelievable!) LPFL attracted 30 times that amount!

Admin fees for the year were $13,500. This should be your minimum sponsorship target!
To cover admin fees of the league.

Evidence is overwhelming that a new administration system should be put in place immediately.

Not sure if these type of exact figures should be put on a public forum. Football delegates are privied to this information and it's debatable if it should be put out in the public. Just my opinion.

Perhaps he has Crank, but I didn’t see any previous response from you about the hub issue and which hub you support?

I don't really know enough to comment. From previous posts and for what the Rat Hub did for the lexton league you would think that is a goer. I'm not a fan of Rob Ward however but as a football administrator he has the runs on the board.

I am thinking that Bendigo Hub could do the same job (if not better) in gaining sponsorship due to getting sponsorship from Castlemaine Organisations aswell as Maryborough. Doesn't look to hard to improve as Bucko stated the MCDFL only received a grand sponsorship. But as I said I don't know bugger all bout the two different hubs and whether they even vary much.

Not sure if these type of exact figures should be put on a public forum. Football delegates are privied to this information and it's debatable if it should be put out in the public. Just my opinion.

Hear what you are saying king. I respect your opinion but I also respectfully disagree.:)

Back in the so called “Good old days” Community organisations always had their Balance sheets published in the local newspapers so that the general Public could see that everything was above board.

When an organisation such as the MCDFL is travelling as bad financially as they are this season, I believe that the general public should be made aware of it.

This could allow some concerned people in the community the opportunity to discuss it and perhaps form a group of quality people that are willing to form some type of takeover. You never know!:)

Annual Meetings of most community organisations are also open to the public, (I am not sure, but i think this applies to the MCDFL) so this information is available to anyone who wishes to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back