Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox to Sydney would be a good fit for Mason. Plenty of opportunity for him.

But as a rule, I don’t like trading with Sydney.

Apparently they’re after Tom Hickey for that role in their team.

KPD OR KPF

If i was to dream - Tom McCartin or Allir Allir
I like McCartin, we could use Allir

Apparently they’re after Tom Hickey for that role in their team.

Cant blame them.
Says it all about how much value Cox has in this competition and Ned talking about potentially re-signing him beyond next season.
Just wow

Cant blame them.
Says it all about how much value Cox has in this competition and Ned talking about potentially re-signing him beyond next season.
Just wow
......or was he aware there was some interest out there he may have been looking to capitalise on, a lot of bluff goes on this time of year.

look at the Scrows, we’ll definitely match the Crouch bid, never were Going to.

I've often wondered how much of Cox's backstory has aided him up until this point.

If he wasn't American would we have been as patient waiting for him to deliver more consistently?

Ed first and foremost is a media owner and performer and would see the add on value Cox provides the Collingwood brand in terms of marketing.

Of course most of us couldn't give a stuff about such things and just want Premiership success.

I might be proven wrong but I'm willing to bet if we were contemplating trading Cox at the start of this trade period then that has now been kiboshed as I can't see Ed letting go of a player who was representing Collingwood when the now President elect of the United States was in town.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox willing to take a pay cut to stay at the pies, that's a refreshing change

Why so? Reportedly, there have been quite a few do similarly. Pendles, Sidey, Mayne, even Treloar among them. Or does that just not suit the narrative?

Why so? Reportedly, there have been quite a few do similarly. Pendles, Sidey, Mayne, even Treloar among them. Or does that just not suit the narrative?
No it doesn't because I was I was talking about cox, don't really care about the others pretty sure it's the cox thread, if we had so many players take a pay cut we wouldn't be in the shit we are

Win/Win if Cox wants to resign.

He is estimated to earn 550k in 2021.

If we give him two more years for a total contract worth 1 million over the next three that's a massive win for us.

2021 - 350k
2022 - 350k
2023 - 300k

Maybe he's realized that he wont be offered much more than that if he was to leave.

Win/Win if Cox wants to resign.

He is estimated to earn 550k in 2021.

If we give him two more years for a total contract worth 1 million over the next three that's a massive win for us.

2021 - 350k
2022 - 350k
2023 - 300k

Maybe he's realized that he wont be offered much more than that if he was to leave.
Can he stay in AU permanently after his tenure playing football is over?

No it doesn't because I was I was talking about cox, don't really care about the others pretty sure it's the cox thread, if we had so many players take a pay cut we wouldn't be in the sh*t social media addicted journo's suggest we are in and a few seem to subscribe to but to which we all have absolutely no idea about.

EFA

How strange for a poster to have a whine about the novelty of Cox taking less for additional security, but others doing isn't relevant because we're in the Cox thread....

Did they take a paycut or did they just get paid the same in different years?

It was suggested at the time that they signed extensions on less money to accommodate Beams, same as Cox is reportedly doing.

Security for $$$

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back