Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Think that Dynamics explained it well although I think sports people are treated differently which is wrong.
Think we may have had some people go to the Olympic and maybe a cricketer but I could be wrong.

Yep, it can be reduced to two years (it actually gets more fiddly than that but let's keep it simple), if you have a sponsoring organisation like the AOC on your side and make a conpelling case that you are enhancing the country (eg winning medals).

Not in that game currently so I don't know what the sponsorship rules are, but you get the idea.

There are other exemptions for other professions, artists etc.

Edit: we are taking citizenship here, not working visas.

Think that Dynamics explained it well although I think sports people are treated differently which is wrong.
Think we may have had some people go to the Olympic and maybe a cricketer but I could be wrong.

5226356-3x2-700x467.jpg

View attachment 309640
Says it all, Go Mason tell it like it is.

Keep the political comments to yourself, Mason - I wonder what the twittersphere would be saying had he declared his passion and support for Trump. McGuire has embarrassed himself enough already over Trump without hearing more of the same crap from you. Go and practise your marking.

Keep the political comments to yourself, Mason - I wonder what the twittersphere would be saying had he declared his passion and support for Trump. McGuire has embarrassed himself enough already over Trump without hearing more of the same crap from you. Go and practise your marking.

It's one of the many major differences between American and Australian politics.

Australia does not do the celebrity endorsement thing at all. (Obviously I'm using the term 'celebrity' a bit loosely here). Any celebrity attempting that here in Australia would get smacked down - just as you've done.

In America it is totally normal ...

Cox is an American making a comment about American politics on an international medium (Twitter). We'll let him get away with that ;)

Last edited:
Why did you reply to my post when you are directing your comment to Cox?

So an American citizen isn't allowed to publicly express his opinion on American politics?

I'm sure he'd tell you to keep your comments to yourself too, given you're comparatively a spectator in his countries affairs.

So an American citizen isn't allowed to publicly express his opinion on American politics?

I'm sure he'd tell you to keep your comments to yourself too, given you're comparatively a spectator in his countries affairs.
what the hell did you say to mike123 Apex?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the only place where people should be allowed to speak their mind is on Big Footy....just as you did in that ^post
Mason should absolutely be denied the same rights as you

Were you around the 'Its Time' jingle?:p

Yes, I was.

But I'm ashamed to admit that back then I was a politically disengaged toddler who was naive to any politics outside of the play group sand pit.

I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I've come to appreciate that those formative years of making and destroying sand castles around other toddlers provided a solid foundation on which to build an understanding of the complexities and finer nauances of the global realpolitik.

Last edited:
I'm excited by what Cox can give us this season. I hope they stick him on the end of weighted forward 50 passes all preseason; amongst an obstacle course of defenders, providing contact and pressure. Get him clunking those pressured marks. He'd be quite a head ache if he improves that area of his footy.

Last edited:
Yes the only place where people should be allowed to speak their mI am notind is on Big Footy....just as you did in that ^post
Mason should absolutely be denied the same rights as you

Silly comment. I am not a public figure whose personal views could polarize my fans. This is why intelligent celebrities refuse to take the bait when asked for their personal views on sensitive subjects like politics and religion. I am not sure how many people will be offended by the views of someone called, "Domus"

Silly comment. I am not a public figure whose personal views could polarize my fans. This is why intelligent celebrities refuse to take the bait when asked for their personal views on sensitive subjects like politics and religion. I am not sure how many people will be offended by the views of someone called, "Domus"
Intelligent far from it. Probably briefed by their agent not to. If you are a celebrity, you can make a change by influencing voters as much as a politician does. Since when does someone lose the right to have an political opinion just because they got followers that listen? There are certain commercial interests related to their current status preventing from doing so but afterwards, why not.

You are not a Trump supporter are you? Because that is the way I am reading your comments. Mason owes it to largely anti-Trump Australians to assure us that he is not a Trump-ite. I like his lack of political correctness in voicing his view. If you are indeed a Trump admirer, you should also be able to appreciate that the electorate's preference for this vulgar man suggests a distaste for pussy footing around sensitive issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back