Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Was happy with Mason and I still think his height and agility combination is dangerous enough to warrant selection pretty much most weeks.

I also like the idea that he or Cameron can drop back if the backline happens to be undersized in any given match

As long as his body continues to hold up, I'd keep him on 1 year contracts if he's happy to keep going

Pretty sure the doubters now support Melbourne 😉
👋 I was one of the doubters, and couldnt be happier for the big fella - and for us!!

It was honestly his best outing in the past two months, which is why I was worried going on current form. He definitely seems pumped to impact and help us win, whereas in the pre-season he has looked like a tiring ruckman, with arms flapping and in conservation mode. Maybe the big fella was foxing and has learned to pace himself and stay fit before the real stuff............

In contrast, Maynard and Q have also been struggling lately, and they continued to do so imo..... not sure what is going on with Brayden's head, but he has given away more stupid frees and 50m penalties in the past month than the rest of the team combined

Plus he doesn't consistently miss goals from 30m out directly in front like Cameron does.
Cameron has been an excellent kick for goal since joining us. There are criticisms to be made of him, but this isn't really one

Cameron has been an excellent kick for goal since joining us. There are criticisms to be made of him, but this isn't really one

He's better from further out but I'd never describe his kicking for goal as excellent.

He has a tendency to miss easy set shots in the 20 - 30m range and it has killed our momentum in the past. He's improved but it's still a significant weakness IMO.

He's better from further out but I'd never describe his kicking for goal as excellent.

He has a tendency to miss easy set shots in the 20 - 30m range and it has killed our momentum in the past. He's improved but it's still a significant weakness IMO.
He has gone at 70% for us. That is elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordy and Mihocek are the only set shots on our team that I'm not really confident about. The rest of them are deadly.

You’re going to love Reef up forward then!

Due to play game 100 on ANZAC Day!!!
Awesome.
The AFL not happy an Israeli flag being waved by a young North fan in support of Sheezel.
They stated they will get it banned.
He's copped a fair amount of racism to boot.

How about the American flag that's been around for 5 or more years in support of Cox.
FFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back