Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there any Russians playing in the AFL?
Oleg Markov born in Belarus to Russian parents. Belarus also anti Ukraine.

Alex Jesaulenko had a Russian mother and Ukraniun father.
He was born in Salzburg Austria.

Belarus and Russian flags banned from the Australian Open. Ridiculous in my view.

Last edited:
A very solid game from the big man today.
Super impressed with some of his body work. One incident in particular when he actually hurt an oppo player.
Legally of course.
Starting to believe he can clunk the ball. I’m not cringing when the ball is in his area anymore.
As pointed out previously, almost at his 100th game. Genuinely surprised and happy for this.

Looking at the weather forecast, and the fact Soldo is out for Richmond, it might not be the worst time to go in a little shorter, and have a chop-out in the ruck in place of a healing Cox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn he’s injured
law and order crazy shit GIF

There is opportunity in this, forces some adjustment and someone else steps up. I would like to see AJ, if he gets it right he could be a real game changer for us.

Sorry for Cox, he was a real part of it, checked in round 2 but a spell may see him better off at the pointy end.

Too bad about the injury but better to be hurt in March than in September.

Opening season form
has been good and the McCrea gamestyle of run and gun has opened up defenses and allowed Mason to legitimately compete in 1 on 1 contests as opposed to trying to crash packs. When there's more space for everyone, everyone benefits. I'm also impressed at Cox's newfound abilities to slip back in defense as an intercept marker, a roll I don't recall him playing much in the Buckley era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back