Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe 2021 is the year where Mason Cox either kicks 30 goals + or simply become's a bloke on the chopping block since he's not getting any younger
So hr could have a great season OR he could have an average year ..

I agree

I believe 2021 is the year where Mason Cox either kicks 30 goals + or simply become's a bloke on the chopping block since he's not getting any younger
Completely agree ... I think we will see his most consistebt year to date in 2021

Mason Cox elite apparently.

Scott Pendlebury not.

As per Champion Data Elite Player rankings.

Scott Pendlebury not.

Take Champion Data with a Grain of Salt.

IF Cox is an Elite AFL Player - I bare my ass in Bourke Street

I’d be interested to know by what metric they managed to rank Cox as elite. Probably accuracy from set shots. I can’t think of one other thing he’s even above average at.
Being tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be interested to know by what metric they managed to rank Cox as elite. Probably accuracy from set shots. I can’t think of one other thing he’s even above average at.
Must be huge ranking points for contested marks. He's always pretty high on lists of that stat.

As crazy as Cox’s inclusion is it’s not as bonkers as Rowell’s! Three games three ****ing games and he’s rated ahead of the likes of Cripps, Pendles and Boak.

With Cox you could at least say he’s never out marked, can take a contested grab and is one of the better fwd/ rucks going around. He’s not elite, but he at least has a body of work.

As crazy as Cox’s inclusion is it’s not as bonkers as Rowell’s! Three games three ******* games and he’s rated ahead of the likes of Cripps, Pendles and Boak.

With Cox you could at least say he’s never out marked, can take a contested grab and is one of the better fwd/ rucks going around. He’s not elite, but he at least has a body of work.
Matt Rowell is a god amongst men and I won't hear anything to the contrary.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

As crazy as Cox’s inclusion is it’s not as bonkers as Rowell’s! Three games three ******* games and he’s rated ahead of the likes of Cripps, Pendles and Boak.

Not really, it’s a terrible system but they rate your statistical averages against your age and position and then rank you

Scott Pendlebury not.

As I understand it, the tag is given to a player who is in the top 5% statistically in certain measures. Cox gets there I'd assume on his contested marking and goal average per game (4th league wide at 2.1 a game and 27th 1.3 respectively). I'd have thought Pendles would also be in there based on possessions if nothing else.

EDIT: AFL stats make that call even more confusing.

Cox:

Pendles:

Last edited:
Not really, it’s a terrible system but they rate your statistical averages against your age and position and then rank you

Yes really! On the basis of Rowell being elite Adrian McAdam should have retired after 3 games and CD would have ranked him GOAT. Anyone that acknowledges a system which ranks a guy with 3 matches to their name elite has NFI about footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back