Multiplat Mass Effect 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, pretty sure you can do Legions loyalty mission and still keep everyone alive. But that's it. Do any other side missions, or even land on another planet before going through the omega 4 relay will result in a crewmate dying.

Yep Mancey is correct

Just finished another play through so I had an optimum paragon import for ME3. I had forgotten how long this game can go for! Completed every single side quest, as well as pretty much every upgrade, saved all team members, as well as all the DLC missions (other than Overlord).. 65 hours all up.

For a single player game, its re-playability is amazing, so many variables..
Probably do a renegade playthrough ready for ME3 importing sometime in the next few weeks or so as well. :p

Just finished the game, was a pretty good finish. Not as good as the end of ME1, but im really interested to see what happens in ME3. Saw a preview clip, looks amazing.

Managed to keep everyone alive, happy with that considering this is my main (only at this stage) character, and he's a full paragon. Didnt romance anyone, so will be interested to see how what happens with that in ME3.

Going to do a second playthrough with a renegade character. Not sure what yet, played as a Vanguard this run through, will probably try another biotic character. They are too much fun, and Improved Shockwave was ridiculously handy in the final few fights.

Decided against giving the Reaper to the Illusive Man. If you give it to him, do you still have to fight the Reaper? Wouldnt make much sense if you agreed to save it then smacked the shit out of it. Regardless, Illusive Man was pissed and I think their will be repercussions. Bring on ME3. :thumbsu:

Didnt romance anyone, so will be interested to see how what happens with that in ME3.

Going to do a second playthrough with a renegade character. Not sure what yet, played as a Vanguard this run through, will probably try another biotic character. They are too much fun, and Improved Shockwave was ridiculously handy in the final few fights.

Decided against giving the Reaper to the Illusive Man. If you give it to him, do you still have to fight the Reaper? Wouldnt make much sense if you agreed to save it then smacked the shit out of it. Regardless, Illusive Man was pissed and I think their will be repercussions. Bring on ME3. :thumbsu:

Am curious as to why you didn't romance anyone? To avoid consequences in ME3? (in regards to affecting ME1 romance)

I'd recommend infiltrator if you want to mix it up a bit, I'd always gone vanguard but infiltrator was a refreshing change (not to mention getting to use the widow sniper, fully upgraded armour-piercing ammo and 75% damage-increasing cloak ;) )

Nah, The Illusive Man didn't want the reaper exclusively, he was more interested in the collector base as a whole, so you fight the human reaper regardless.

The game is darker than ME1 but still has lighter moments. Like on the Citadel the Salarian who sells video games says some funny stuff, and finally the advertisement for Elcor Hamlet mentioned in the news in ME1.

I must have gone back and forth past this guy 30 times just to hear everything he had to say. Some funny stuff indeed.

Am curious as to why you didn't romance anyone? To avoid consequences in ME3? (in regards to affecting ME1 romance)

I'd recommend infiltrator if you want to mix it up a bit, I'd always gone vanguard but infiltrator was a refreshing change (not to mention getting to use the widow sniper, fully upgraded armour-piercing ammo and 75% damage-increasing cloak ;) )

Nah, The Illusive Man didn't want the reaper exclusively, he was more interested in the collector base as a whole, so you fight the human reaper regardless.

Played as an Infiltrator in ME1, so the Vanguard was actually the mix up. Sniper rilfes are awesome, but I really like Shockwave. If this is going to be an Insane run, will most likely go an Infiltrator, cant be using Biotic Charge on that difficulty.

I had a romance going with Miranda, but got back with Liara after the Shadowbroker DLC. This is a full paragon character, so though it might be best to see how the ME1 romance plays out in ME3. Renegade guy is just going to try to chop as many as possible. :p

I think there will still be one more major DLC coming up. The reason i say this is that go to the mass effect home page and look into the Mass Effect Universe tab, then go to the team member screen. You will have a full list including Goto. Now there are two tabs on that column that says confidential. Atm we already got a shadow broker's lair with a temp teammember in liara. So this leaves for one more temp teammember which means another major DLC. Who can that be? Alenko, Ashely?

I am a bit annoyed with my final line in ME2. I said something that sounded really racist and human centric like "I'm going to save the galaxy but won't sacrifice human dominance" or something like that. I didn't expect him to say that given the convo snippit I chose. I was unhappy because I'd largely made very anti-pro-human choices before.

Any word on ME:Genesis people?

Last I heard, today was the release date for it on all systems (not that I expect it out now obviously :rolleyes:). Can't find anything from a google search that says otherwise.

Really hoping it's out soon and that it's still coming to 360 cos I've got ME2 ready to go as soon as I finish it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am quite definitive about this. Mark my words, the 2nd major DLC will be on Tuchanka involving the blood pack. Do anyone remember the BP recruiter near the landing pad who says he only accepts Krogens? Well doesn't that strikes you odd that you have a name appear NPC but you cant have extended conversation with him. And i think that once the dlc is out, you can do a mission with the blood pack. If Wrex is alive, he will accompany you if not then you do it for the pack leader.

Also if you go to the me2 homepage and go to ME2 Universe>team member tab you will see two tabs with confidential mark. Who can the two confidential members be, we already know one is Liara the other? Wrex?

I know what you mean, it was the best game ive played since BG2. Been holding off on doing a second run through, as I know once I start, I wont stop playing till its finished. :p

Just got this on PS3, amazing game. I can't stop playing it, just wanna see what happens next. It's filled with so many little details. I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Baldur's Gate 2.

I do hope Bioware put this much effort into Dragon Age 2 also.

How was the ME1 comic?

I didn't actually watch it. Required at 645 meg download so I decided I'd watch it on my 2nd play through and just ignore the finer points of the lore for now. I think I'm semi understanding what's going on but not totally.

Fair enough, I rate ME story as greater then ME2. however ME2 has the better gameplay

Agree with that. The ending to ME1 was amazing, gameplay is much better in ME2 though.

Cant wait to see what they do with ME3.

Fair enough, I rate ME story as greater then ME2. however ME2 has the better gameplay

Yeah I concur.

Found ME a bit frustrating at 1st with the amount of micro-management. Only thing that kept me in it was the storyline and I was determined to finish it. Even after about 60% through I was nearing throwing it in... but the story just got better and better. The last 25% of the game was just awesome and I was hooked as all the setup and earlier details started to pay off.

When I lent this to a mate (who is not a RPG fan at all but a huge Sci-Fi fan)... I did so telling him to keep pushing through it because the story is worth it.

Yeah I concur.

Found ME a bit frustrating at 1st with the amount of micro-management. Only thing that kept me in it was the storyline and I was determined to finish it. Even after about 60% through I was nearing throwing it in... but the story just got better and better. The last 25% of the game was just awesome and I was hooked as all the setup and earlier details started to pay off.

When I lent this to a mate (who is not a RPG fan at all but a huge Sci-Fi fan)... I did so telling him to keep pushing through it because the story is worth it.

Agreed this game was my break into RPG's was never a huge fan before, and as Hodges has said...what a ending.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Mass Effect 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back