Multiplat Mass Effect 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The annoying part for me is I never got to play the first game. Find it baffling how they can release Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 without the first one already being there. Still great nontheless.

Microsoft somehow own something (rights or marketing etc) as it was as joint effort between MS and BioWare to develop/release ME1. Hell would freeze over before MS released ME1 for the PS3.

PS... the storyline (once it gets going) in ME1 > ME2... although the gameplay in ME1 is a little more tedious than ME2 (which nails it).

PPS - you can always play ME1 on the PC (if you have one) for the backstory. :)

Well that's a shame, the game wouldn't be the same on my crappy PC.

Just beat ME2 earlier this morning and wow, it's epic.

I think you would be able to. Given all the DLC came out long after the game came out, I cant imagine anything would be stopping you from going out and completing odd missions.

Started a new game last night, was going to do an Insanity run with a full Renegade Infiltrator. Stopped playing after about 15 minutes, the game just isnt as fun when your not using biotic powers. Has anyone played through the game as an Adept or a Sentinel? Singularity is a crazy good power, as is Shockwave, and the Sentinel looks handy with both Overload and Warp.

Question is, are they usable on an Insanity run? I figured the Infiltrator would be best for Insanity, as you could recon and take out targets before commiting, but it just isnt as fun without the biotics...

Once you finish the game is that it? Game Over? Or do you get to go back and complete any unfinished minor missions?

You can finish minor missions, and on XBOX with the DLC coming out after the game release play DLC. The DLC will play out slightly differently as to when you play it. Will mention building team etc if it's used mid game and will mention the ending if you play it after.

Question is, are they usable on an Insanity run? I figured the Infiltrator would be best for Insanity, as you could recon and take out targets before commiting, but it just isnt as fun without the biotics...

IMO the infiltrator is easily the best for insanity, the majority of biotic powers are fairly useless as nearly every bad dude has shields or armour. Infiltrator's incinerate is great, the armour piercing ammo dominates and the cloak/widow sniper combinations destroys everything.

I read Sentinels were best for Insanity but I'm just going to do a second playthrough with my Soldier for it. Using your squadmates' powers is part of the fun as well.

Just finished the game then. Last mission was cool but easier than I expected. Only got to level 27 but a good 45 overs or so, spent a lot of time ****ing around.

As for survivors:

Zaeed died. Didn't really talk to him or take him on any missions, actually forgot I recruited him until I accidentally bumped into him near the garbage area. Looked at his rifle and he then rambled on for half an hour. He was the only non-loyal character though, I was Paragon and didn't realise you could get his loyalty while staying Paragon. Didn't rescue all the crew because I took my sweet time.

Thinking about doing a second playthrough on Insanity, I have read it is a bitch but feel like being a Renagade and just ****ing shit up. Didn't even explore every planet either so might do all that shit in my second run.

As for plowing, I banged Miranda. Then after the final mission when I pretty had much free reign I ditched her and smashed that Tali chick.

One question about what is basically the last thing you do in the game:

stupidly, I didn't blow the thing up despite being Paragon. A few people were upset after this, what happens if I go through as a Renegade and decide to blow it up at the end? Will this change anything?

Absolutely amazing game, easily one of the best I have played.

One question about what is basically the last thing you do in the game:

stupidly, I didn't blow the thing up despite being Paragon. A few people were upset after this, what happens if I go through as a Renegade and decide to blow it up at the end? Will this change anything?

Nah, everyone (except The Illusive Man of course) is still pissed at you when you talk to them after the mission even if your character is a renegade.

Im loving Insanity mode so far. Its a really good challenge, you die a lot, but its satisfying when you beat a hard area/boss. Actually ran out of ammo and med packs in a recent fight, was hell challenging but good fun.

Im enjoying using the Infiltrator now. Really need your teammates to have Overload though, im finding I need them to crack shields before I can deliver the head shot. Makes for an interesting tactical battle, im using heaps more med packs now as I need my team mates alive.

Will probably do a third playthrough (Insanity again) with a Sentinel, they look like a really fun class to use.

Thinking of picking this up. Played like 4-5 hours of the first on xbox and i really like the setting of the game and how the story was progressing, however i didn't much care for the combat or clunky menus.

I'm told that that combat is greatly improved in the second installment and that there is a short comic at the start to catch you up on events in the first. I might even give the first another go if i get time.

Is it worth the extra cash for the ps3 version? I believe it includes some of the dlc.

Man Insanity is ****ed up at times. The lack of autosaving was pretty gay as well, did that change with difficulty? I didn't notice it as a problem in my first playthrough but that was only on Normal so wasn't too difficult.

Almost every enemy has armour on Insanity though. I will need to be patient to get through it as the guns you initially get a weak as piss. I'm also ripping through the medpacks because my team mates keep dying, I've started to order them around a bit more though to try and get them out of the firing line.

What happens if a team member dies and you just leave them? No unity? Do they just automatically reappear again at the end of the mission?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess by 'area' it means each room? As in you need to enter a door to exit the area? One bit early on I killed a number of guys, then got detroyed by the next wave over and over again. Ended up manual saving after the first bunch of dead dudes as I could not be ****ed going through that first stage again.

Lethal I am only doing the Mordin mission now, have only just started but I have read it is a lot harder at the start due to lack of upgrades. Decided to get him first so I can start researching stuff.

I guess by 'area' it means each room? As in you need to enter a door to exit the area? One bit early on I killed a number of guys, then got detroyed by the next wave over and over again. Ended up manual saving after the first bunch of dead dudes as I could not be ****ed going through that first stage again.

Lethal I am only doing the Mordin mission now, have only just started but I have read it is a lot harder at the start due to lack of upgrades. Decided to get him first so I can start researching stuff.

Yeah it is a lot harder at the start, once you get by
Horizon and the Collector ship
it's mostly downhill.
I was actually quite surprised at the ease I got through the
IFF mission
considering how much I hate Husks.
I'm trying to get past the final battle at the moment on Insanity as an Infiltrator, wish Harbinger would **** off.

I think I accidently made it too hard for myself. Really couldnt be arsed mining minerals again, have made it through the Grunt, Mordin and Garrus missions so far on the basic equipment. Grunt was hard, need to start upgrading my weapons...

I guess by 'area' it means each room? As in you need to enter a door to exit the area?

When you kill the last guy in a battle and everything goes quiet (ie, you can stand there and no more enemies come), you can save.

If there's bad dudes around, you can't. You don't actually have to move out of an area to save, you sorta just need to clear it. Best indication is if a fallen team mate comes back to life, the area is clear and you can save

Just finished it today and it is one of, if not the best game I've played. Will definitely go through a few more times with different classes and difficulty.

Just wondering (Highlight to reveal-->) How many squad members died on everyones suicide mission? Tali and Miranda died on mine but I only had the loyalty of Tali. After I finished the game I saw a guide on how to make them all survive :eek: <---

Just finished it today and it is one of, if not the best game I've played. Will definitely go through a few more times with different classes and difficulty.

Just wondering (Highlight to reveal-->) How many squad members died on everyones suicide mission? Tali and Miranda died on mine but I only had the loyalty of Tali. After I finished the game I saw a guide on how to make them all survive :eek: <---

First playthrough i lost
the doc because i took to long before starting

second i saved them all

First playthough
All made it
Second playthrough
Jack, Jacob and Mordin died
Third playthrough
All made it except Legion as I handed him over to Cerberus

First playthrough i lost
the doc because i took to long before starting

second i saved them all

Had no idea the doc could die. Do you still get the trophy for saving everyone if she dies?

BTW patch is out. Fixes the save game corruption issue, some loading times (maybe now moving in the Normandy won't take an eternity) and some other issues

Good question re the trophy kenny. As far as the crew goes:

That Yeomans chick, the one next to your private terminal and the galaxy screen, died in my playthrough. I got to where the crew was, she woke up in her cocoon and then all of a sudden the thing filled with black and she carked it. The Doc survived though, the one you can get paro on brandy with, she was a bit upset I took my time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Mass Effect 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back