Multiplat Mass Effect 2

Remove this Banner Ad

pre-ordered my copy yesterday afternoon. Very excited :thumbsu:

only started playing the first game a couple of weeks ago, and I'm at a loss as to why I never picked it up sooner. Presently 20 hours into my second playthrough (using the character I'd like to use for ME2: A hot lesbian version of Jesus (my preferred RPG character, as is the same with everyone, I expect)). One thing I really liked, actually, was my first play only took 14 hours, but it didn't feel any less epic because of it's short length. If anything, it was the opposite, things move along at a cracking pace and there's not too much pussy footing around.

ME1 is comfortably my favourite RPG of recent times, and hopefully part 2 will raise the bar again (if not in play standards, then at least in interspecies lesbian love scenes. Am I right guys! They don't call it Mass Erect for nothing do they). To be honest I'm not really looking forward to revisiting Dragon Age after playing the first game, what with Leliana making me listen to her whaffle on for hours about shoes before not letting me have sex with her, etc.

Xbox people are already playing it, that Major Nelson guy is twittering about it.

That trailer looks ****ing awesome!!

Yep on the torrent sites.

I can't wait for this game, really keen....looking better each time is see it.

Devs have said ME3 will be on 360 as well, not the next xbox console.

I'm doing a second play through and up to like 50 hours of gameplay. Am thinking while I have a few days left to start a new game.

Antipation sucks :p But at least I'm going to pay the rest of the game today so I can go to the launch, grab it, grab some free shit, possibly grab a morning beer and then straight home and into bed for the rest of the week :)

Yep on the torrent sites.

I can't wait for this game, really keen....looking better each time is see it.

Devs have said ME3 will be on 360 as well, not the next xbox console.

I haven't even heard about a new xbox console. One of the issues of Gameinformer I picked up said Microsoft haven't even considered it yet.

I know they are adding that motion detector thingy

**** yeah, normandy ftw! That's the best trailer i've seen for a game in a long time. Made an early call on the first one after it was talked up hugely by the CTRLALTDEL guy pre release, and was perhaps the most a game has ever surprised me.

i'm not a fan of rpg's but that trailer makes me want it :eek:

You like borderlands so there's no doubt you'd love this. Has many of the same elements. It's basically a 3rd person action game with some rpg-lite elements. You level up with xp and with each level you can increase your abilities, which depend on a class you choose (soldier, engineer or psychic (telekinesis powers and the like). There's a hidden loot aspect too, with finding new weapons and gear in crates/on bodies a big part of the game

The interactions with NPC aren't one sided and dull like borderlands. You actually talk to the character by choosing from several responses, some smooth talk, some bad ass depending on how you want to roll. The game remembers your choices and NPC's react depending on your rep as a negotiator or a pwn merchant.

But the essence of the game is the combat. You lead a 3 man squad which you can order to cover, assign targets etc much like Rainbow 6. You can also use all your squads powers manually or let then use them automatically. Plus of course you have your own weapons and abilities which you use like any 3rd person shooter.

Its rad, get a 360 and then get this

Presently 20 hours into my second playthrough (using the character I'd like to use for ME2: A hot lesbian version of Jesus (my preferred RPG character, as is the same with everyone, I expect)).

My favourite is a guy i modelled on Jules Winfield after he chooses a life of peace at the end of Pulp Fiction. Black dude with afro and beard, straight paragon who smooth talks everyone, but aint afraid to pop caps

hmmm....i always thought it was more of an involved rpg

i'll have a go at my mates place

and yea i've always liked the rpg lite games such as x-men legends, marvel ultimate alliance and borderlands.
anything to slow and in depth and i lose patience.

are you trying to persuade me to buy a 360 again?

hahaha maybe i should give it a try on a mates 360

btw the graphics look amazing

Nope, no offense, but I couldn't care less if you have one or not. :p

I haven't even heard about a new xbox console. One of the issues of Gameinformer I picked up said Microsoft haven't even considered it yet.

I know they are adding that motion detector thingy

I know a new model console is not in the works - I was merely pointing out Bioware have confirmed the 3rd (final) installment will be on the 360 and we won't have to wait until the next console is released.

and yea i've always liked the rpg lite games such as x-men legends, marvel ultimate alliance and borderlands.

Definitely not an involved RPG. It really is an action TPS (with squad) with certain aspects being an RPG-Lite - the inventory is pretty useless, just means you can collect multiple rifles / sniper rifles / pistols / armour etc.

But you do not collect components to make weapons etc. Once you don't need them you turn them into credits (omni-gel).

Basically the only rpg elements are increasing abilities, loot finding and NPC conversations (which are pretty brief and pretty fun once you get super charisma/intimidate).

Rest is just an awesome sci fi squad based 3rd person shooter

^ Good summary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing that's got me anxious about this game is your squad's trust. I'll easily pick favourites and take them out the most, but I don't want one of my squad to crack the shits with me and blow my head off because I didn't take them out enough.

The only thing that's got me anxious about this game is your squad's trust. I'll easily pick favourites and take them out the most, but I don't want one of my squad to crack the shits with me and blow my head off because I didn't take them out enough.
Seems like the salarian scientist and subject zero would be the ones that would blow your head off if you dont take them out :p. What classes are you guys looking to make?? My main character was a solider in 1 but I'm probably going to switch him to an infiltrator for #2 :thumbsu:

Seems like the salarian scientist and subject zero would be the ones that would blow your head off if you dont take them out :p. What classes are you guys looking to make?? My main character was a solider in 1 but I'm probably going to switch him to an infiltrator for #2 :thumbsu:

Was a solider in # 1 and will carry over in # 2

Will probably have a couple of play throughs with different classes

Haha, I think Grunt has more of a chance of blowing my head off that the Salarian scientist. He would just poison me :p.

Definitely keeping my Vanguard class from ME1 and use that most of the time. Probably gonna create a new character just to see how they explain ME1 and the types of choices you can make.

ME even in its dialog sections drags you in, if this was a sci-fi movie it would be my all time favourite, great story line to it.

Good article with spoilers from ME1

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/552/10-greatest-mass-effect-moments

390_10451_9-TheGenophage.jpg

What you do with Wrex has a big consequence in ME2

Agree with their take on the Alliance Intervention at the end of game a truely awesome scene.

Reviews are coming in and from the 4 shown on metacritic, ME2 has so far got an average of 98. Safe to say this is the most excited I've felt about a game, ever!! Just watched the IGN review and they say one of the only drawbacks is that it makes many references to #1 which is fine by me :)

they say one of the only drawbacks is that it makes many references to #1 which is fine by me :)

Which only effects new players, I don't see this as a negative. First was awesome no wonder they're building on its plotlines

Housemate acquired it today after playing ME1 only last month. He is ****ing loving it. I was never a fan but the combat looks alot more fun and less clunky.

The intro scene was pretty ****ing epic.

Should I play through ME before getting ME2?

In my opinion, yes. Lets you get a bit of the backstory going into ME2.

Oh what in the blue crap is this?!
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1063107p1.html

Disc Change?!

Oh well, 2 discs of awesomeness! I like... I like!

With 4 days to go, started a new custom character on Hardcore mode, trying to play through as solider class, although I'm bloody keen to play as my infiltrator character. That said, having pre-ordered the collectors edition, I'm hoping my Infiltrator character can use the M-490.

A Black Hole creating gun. I like it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Mass Effect 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back