Toast Massive love for Lewis Roberts-Thomson Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

^ Yep.

I have always loved him. Hard at it, tries. Is reliable enough in an exposed position. And has saved as many goals on the goal line than he has cost us in turnovers.

When he was dacked by Tadgh in front of school girls. it cemented my admiration.

That's not correct or fair. Jesse kicked 3 against west coast, 2 against Essendon and 1 against Melbourne. He only failed to score against Carlton and Geelong when it was pissing down.

still, you would have to concede that LRT has made a better fist of playing FF and pinch hitting in the ruck. Jesse was just invisible in some of the games earlier this year, apart from the odd cameo that would produce a freakish goal.

We cried out for someone like him in the GF.
Unfortunately even LRT wouldn't have made a difference. Prime JPK wouldn't have made a difference. Stuart ****ing Maxfield, who was in attendance and must've been horrified at what he was seeing and what we've become, wouldn't have made a difference.

The rot has set in with this team where it is not their job to put their head over the ball, it is not their job to make that desperate lunging tackle, it is not their job to run back defensively, it is not their job to put their body on the line. It is someone else's job.

Perhaps what made LRT so great for me was that he was in a team full of players who he knew would do all of the above, even if he didn't - yet he still did it anyway. That's the buy-in we are missing these days, and it starts at the top, with the coaches actually holding players lacking this buy-in accountable instead of rewarding them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Massive love for Lewis Roberts-Thomson Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back