Match Discussion Carlton v Geelong Round 9 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

next week - operation deestroy!

i'm expecting a big win against Melbourne, they have plenty of handy mid sized forwards that have troubled us recently...hopefully we don't have to slug out another game.

Good game from Carlton tonight, admired your intensity for the ball and strong marking around the ground. We were lucky to get away with the win IMO (but I'll take it).

V Impressed with Jeremy Laidler's match - looks like a good pick-up for you guys. He was rated at Geelong, but Bomber Thompson seemed reluctant to drop senior players in lieu of emerging younger players. Glad to see him getting quality time at senior level.

Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Sydney (in Melbourne)
West Coast (in Melbourne)
Richmond

No more close games, I wanna see at least 2 or 3 absolute floggings come out of the next 6 games. Stamp our authority.

You can't blame Warnock. Clearly hurt when he went for the mark, lingered on the ground. Great effort all game by the boys. Laidler was huge, Murphy was everywhere, Waite was productive and but for Scarlett's fingertips won us that game.

I won't single out poor performances as I tend to think it is counter-productive. But there was some frustrating skill errors and I think we carry a player or two still

we lost by 2 points to the ladder leaders and on paper were the better team
that is a bloody good effort and we can point the finger and blame whatever
I choose to applaud some fantastic efforts by Scotland Waite Duigan Laidler Murph Simmo etc

Really, **** really, your are awesome.

STFU....

**** me. Warnock should have done a Brian Lake and fake an injury. He was hit high so it's believable. ****! Is Geelong's first action once obtaining the ball to just assume that they are being tackle. So many times I saw them fling there head back or fall over when infact it was their teammates who was giving them any kind of pressure. Milburn just simply falling over and thinking he was hit high. Chapman falling forward at every single opportunity possible and Selwood; well it's completely pointless to even try and tackle him anymore. He will duck and get hit or fall over and get in the back. Gibbs just eased off him at one stage and Selwood wasn't quite sure what to do. His arms were going up and his neck was ready to be hit but the contact came. Shame that such great players fall into cheap patterns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I've settled down a bit...regardless of the outcome (and it does come down to a few small things) the boys are looking very good this year. Laidley and Duigan are great, Jamo is A grade, and there is improvement across the board.

This year the target should be top 4, but the ultimate aim of number 17 is beginning to emerge...and in f**ken excited about that!

look great game - are you referring to the gaaaarlic ?

If we weren't sure before tonight, we are now:We're for real.
The defencies are still there but they're all fixable.

Let's not get down for the loss.
We really had the better of the game and for longer
Our back-line is performing great and gets better as the pressure builds up.

We're not falling apart as we may have done in recent years.
We'll put this one behind us and look forward to the next few weeks.

Yeah, thats the up shot from this game - we ****ing won.

Come finals we would smash these stinking **** rashes.

**** me. Warnock should have done a Brian Lake and fake an injury. He was hit high so it's believable. ****! Is Geelong's first action once obtaining the ball to just assume that they are being tackle. So many times I saw them fling there head back or fall over when infact it was their teammates who was giving them any kind of pressure. Milburn just simply falling over and thinking he was hit high. Chapman falling forward at every single opportunity possible and Selwood; well it's completely pointless to even try and tackle him anymore. He will duck and get hit or fall over and get in the back. Gibbs just eased off him at one stage and Selwood wasn't quite sure what to do. His arms were going up and his neck was ready to be hit but the contact came. Shame that such great players fall into cheap patterns.

Hard to follow - but - yep, get the drift. Once again - the cats were actually whingeing to the umps - who is that **** stick backman - soooooked.

not often you can take alot from a loss, but that was a great game. We should have won it but didnt. But to match it with the best gives me great confidence. We won the tackle/contested/clearances and lost, so disapointing. But cant have a go at the playes theyagave it their all. Again more points than goals and it hurt us. How many rushed on the line? unbeleivabel!!

Don't know why people are throwing blame at Warnock.

Yes he should have kicked it but all players make mistakes.
Some make em at half back, some in front goals.

its unfair...

anyways, we smashed the cats... were up there.

this sint our year.

next year we will slaughter teams.

Bower, Henderson, Curnow, Kruiser.
Massive upside boys.... massive.

beat them in the clearances 41-35
beat them in Contested possessions 143-140
beat them in Tackles 75-57
beat them in inside 50s 56-45

Got to be happy with that,

Unfortunately did not beat them on the board

Great effort tonight. We did lose but we also gained respect

All losses, especially games you lose in the last minute, are hard to take.

No doubt now, we are up and about and genuine top 4 quality now.

I thought the AFL were bringing in a rule to stop staging for frees, and that staging would result in a report. I guess my question is how is that Selwood hasnt copped a stint on the sidelines. I havent witnessed diving like that since Greg Louganis.

To all the morons saying that Warnock is useless and shouldnt be out there.

Considering that he rucked for pretty much the entire game on his own, with Setanta helping out occasionally, and just about had his head ripped off in front of goal and was still groggy, I reckon that you are selling the bloke short and I reckon he had a bloody good game with 31 tapouts.

And if you are looking for someone to blame for costing us the match, look a little closer at Duigs and his big mouth giving away a free kick right in front of the Geebungs goals. Take off that 6 pointer and we are 4 points up.

Then there was Mclean going over the mark and giving away a 50m penalty... another soft goal given away and we are 10 points up.

But no... everyone wants to blame the guy who was groggy and just about out on his feet in the dying seconds for costing us the game.

Not liking Robinson's hair...looks like the cheapest of the cheap hair dye
Robert(inson) Blake?

tumblr_lbtmzn1gJf1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

To all the morons saying that Warnock is useless and shouldnt be out there.

Considering that he rucked for pretty much the entire game on his own, with Setanta helping out occasionally, and just about had his head ripped off in front of goal and was still groggy, I reckon that you are selling the bloke short and I reckon he had a bloody good game with 31 tapouts.

And if you are looking for someone to blame for costing us the match, look a little closer at Duigs and his big mouth giving away a free kick right in front of the Geebungs goals. Take off that 6 pointer and we are 4 points up.

Then there was Mclean going over the mark and giving away a 50m penalty... another soft goal given away and we are 10 points up.

But no... everyone wants to blame the guy who was groggy and just about out on his feet in the dying seconds for costing us the game.

I ****en love you - but fuc me - Dui played the best game ive seen anyone play.

Warnock stuffed up - that would have won the game . Every carlton supporter on the planet has the right to be upset.

He will be questioned.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Match Discussion Carlton v Geelong Round 9 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back