Preview Match Preview: Sydney Swans v Hawthorn Hawks - Qualifying Final 1 - Friday September 6 @ 19:50, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't be Rohan, we'll be trying to run and pressure, and Rohan chases like a mad dog. Mitchell a good sub choice though.

I was just guessing, i would like jetta and rohan to both start

My problem id like not to have the stupid sub rule

Mitchell as a young mid maybe the sub

Welcome. You've made the first tentative step away from darkness and into the light.
LOL.
I used to be Sydney member and was for a long time.
GWS member now.
I like to support the game locally as we don't get many games in Canberra.
Always a Collingwood member.

I'd have Rohan to start....Jetta as the sub.

I reckon thats what will happen

Just dont wait too long to pull the trigger horse

I dont know just that pace would be handy when the game starts

I reckon thats what will happen

Just dont wait too long to pull the trigger horse

I dont know just that pace would be handy when the game starts
Yes that is the key, whether we wait too long to bring Jets pace into the game to add to Rohan's. Yes the coaching staff will be like, "Jetta is sub because of his limited game time after injury", but this is a final, everything is at stake so his outside speed may indeed be a key factor (just like the prelim final last year). If not Jetta or Rohan as sub then who would get the green vest?

Yes that is the key, whether we wait too long to bring Jets pace into the game to add to Rohan's. Yes the coaching staff will be like, "Jetta is sub because of his limited game time after injury", but this is a final, everything is at stake so his outside speed may indeed be a key factor (just like the prelim final last year). If not Jetta or Rohan as sub then who would get the green vest?

Everitt

Our tall forward line doesn't bother me if Bolton, Rohan and McGlynn are circling the pack. Those 3 will be key to pressuring the Hawk's rebounding defenders. I expect ROK will try to take Mitchell out of the game. White has a handy crack of pace for a big bloke. Want to see he and Tippet chasing and harassing when Hawks have the ball. Last week the ball was coming out too easily for my like. Same the last few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the old days I'd have agreed but Everitt has become such an integral part of our defence and Jetta can't cover that position. Everitt's combination of speed, height and foot skills is pretty handy.

Im just plucking, as i said before im anti sub and no choice makes me happy

I think he plays a loose role and is a possible sub

I agree it wont happen though

Jetta or mitchell is my guess

Winning would make this place very enjoyable for the next two weeks.

Losing would hurt but we've got the chance to fight our way back and possibly add Goodes and LRT if we manage to make the prelim.

Whatever, Sydney by 21 points.

If we win it will be because of cola buying tippett

If we lose tippett was always a hack who ruined the culture

Steering towards off-topic but watching Colless on the couch left me a little bit sour in the mouth when he said we would be bottom if they removed the Cola concession.

Kinda left me saddened anyways needed to get that off my mind lol.

Steering towards off-topic but watching Colless on the couch left me a little bit sour in the mouth when he said we would be bottom if they removed the Cola concession.

Yeah but he playing the game

I don't expect Rioli to play and I think Shiels will come in for him.

Richards-Roughead
Grundy-Hale
Rampe-Spangher
Everitt-Gunston
Smith-Breust
McVeigh-Puopolo

Mumford-Bailey
Jack-Hodge
Hannebery-Lewis
Kennedy-Sewell
McGlynn-Smith
ROK-Mitchell

Tippett-Lake
Pyke-Gibson
White-Stratton
Rohan-Burgoyne
Bird-Birchall
Bolton-Guerra

Malceski-Shiels
Parker-Hill
Mitchell-Whitecross
(Jetta)-(Anderson)

I don't expect Rioli to play and I think Shiels will come in for him.

Richards-Roughead
Grundy-Hale
Rampe-Spangher
Everitt-Gunston
Smith-Breust
McVeigh-Puopolo

Mumford-Bailey
Jack-Hodge
Hannebery-Lewis
Kennedy-Sewell
McGlynn-Smith
ROK-Mitchell

Tippett-Lake
Pyke-Gibson
White-Stratton
Rohan-Burgoyne
Bird-Birchall
Bolton-Guerra

Malceski-Shiels
Parker-Hill
Mitchell-Whitecross
(Jetta)-(Anderson)

Bolded the match-ups I'd really like us to win, even though I believe one on one match-ups occur less and less these days with zones, slingshots etc.

I would partly agree with Colless but how is that a bad thing ? We've always argued that to retain players we have to maintain a level playing field in terms of player payments. The COLA isn't a gimme, it's a fill-up. The COLA ensures that we have the same ability to attract players under our salary cap as any other team. If, say, Hawks had roughly 10% knocked off their salary cap how long would they last ? That's 2 of the seniors gone and 2 of the ressies for a start. Not that I think we'd sink to the bottom, our culture is too strong for that and, face it, we're the dominant team of the last 10 years despite being on level pegging with everyone else. Melbourne gets the same cap (in real purchasing terms) as us but they still struggle. Having said that I think we'd struggle to win a GF without the level playing field that the COLA brings.

Sorry to go off topic but we shouldn't be apologising for the COLA.

"I also want to see Hawks players getting into Malceski at every possible opportunity, reminding him about how easily he went down last week."

How's this from a Hawks fan on their board? There are some other charming comments referring to us as "tampon stains". Will make victory tomorrow night all the sweeter.

They're comfortably the worst group of supporters on this forum. When you read stuff like "show them who's boss" or words to that effect it highlights the fact that a lot of them believe we took what was theirs. The 2012 premiership cup will always have Sydney Swans engraved on it and it's obvious how much they can't stand it.

There's a good chance we'll lose Friday night but also a pretty damn good chance that we'll win. It's a shame there can't be more respect back and forth between the supporter groups but they will be left with egg on their faces again if their arrogance comes back to bite them just like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back