Preview Match Preview: Sydney Swans v Hawthorn Hawks - Qualifying Final 1 - Friday September 6 @ 19:50, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're comfortably the worst group of supporters on this forum. When you read stuff like "show them who's boss" or words to that effect it highlights the fact that a lot of them believe we took what was theirs. The 2012 premiership cup will always have Sydney Swans engraved on it and it's obvious how much they can't stand it.

There's a good chance we'll lose Friday night but also a pretty damn good chance that we'll win. It's a shame there can't be more respect back and forth between the supporter groups but they will be left with egg on their faces again if their arrogance comes back to bite them just like last year.

The meek shall inherit the cup

They're comfortably the worst group of supporters on this forum. When you read stuff like "show them who's boss" or words to that effect it highlights the fact that a lot of them believe we took what was theirs.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel, rightly or wrongly.

It's clear that a lot of the content on the Hawks board irritates you, DA. You don't have to read it mate.

Also, we are not the worst. We're a great group of supporters. If you want the worst head over to the North, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond boards.

It's clear that a lot of the content on the Hawks board irritates you, DA. You don't have to read it mate.

Also, we are not the worst. We're a great group of supporters. If you want the worst head over to the North, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond boards.

I am a masochist. I read some of the negative crap and get fired up.

The North board is definitely a contender and the Carlton board has the worst mods. I don't believe the Essendon and Richmond boards are that bad but then both teams haven't had any success since I've been on Big Footy.

I was just guessing, i would like jetta and rohan to both start

My problem id like not to have the stupid sub rule

Mitchell as a young mid maybe the sub

Agree, sub rule is poor. Why don't they remove it when they put on this interchange cap?

Too much risk starting Jetta with his lack of match fitness. All going well, he will come on 3 qtr time or just after, that seems to be Horse's go. Thats all Jetta would have in the tank, and with only a qtr to play, he can go nuts and not worry about saving his legs.

I think thats actually fine

I think its your fellow fans who have a chip on the shoulders when the side isnt getting attention and people dare to suggest they are beatable are more irritating

Delusional people like you are fine

So anyone else excited about the thought of gary rohan on one wing and jetta on the other lighting up the MCG tonight??? Tippet will kick 3 with white kicking 5 tonight as he runs their defence ragged. Have a really good feeling about tonight!! Swannies by 23pts

Don't mind the Hawks supporters TBH. Obviously some dullards and mouth-breathing shit said on their board - ours too on occasion. Sat next to a gorup at the GF and all shook my hand at the end, admitted it was a great game and the best team won. Aside from Bay 13 and the Hawks board the majority of posts on BF after the GF were pretty humble.

So tonight...

If you look at our last month (and most of the year really aside from a purple patch in the middle) we should be no chance tonight. We're pretty obviously the fourth best team going around up against the absolute standout of 2013. We tend to stand up in finals though and at least we showed glimpses of our best last week.

We're going to badly miss Goodes I reckon - aside from maybe Jack no-one else has that ability to turn a game in 10 minutes. He'll be a huge in for our next final, particuarly if we can win tonight and give him an extra week off.

Going to have to shut down Hodge's rebound. The guys kicking is extraordinary. As soon as it's in his hands in space I'm resigned to them taking a chest mark inside 50. Mitchell needs to be smothered as well, maybe O'Keefe to him?

Not too worried about Rioli playing as Smith will do a good job on him. Still would prefer him to miss, means Smith can take Puopolo.

So anyone else excited about the thought of gary rohan on one wing and jetta on the other lighting up the MCG tonight??? Tippet will kick 3 with white kicking 5 tonight as he runs their defence ragged. Have a really good feeling about tonight!! Swannies by 23pts

Yes, but the likely sub out will be Rohan :(

If Rohan's time can be managed that he plays out the game, it could be the catalyst for a slingshot from hell to take down Goliath.

BoM site says 30% chance of rain.

What do we think? Are we still terrible in the wet, if it comes to that tonight? Or have we started to figure out how to cope with a slippery ball?

I'd rate our chances with a contested style, bomb it long to gain territory vs. Hawthorn's precise left foot kicking for uncontested marking if it rains.

You would think about dropping a tall in that case though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy is the big influence on this game. Even tho his output has been down, defenders still worry about him and panic. We can concentrate on roughy tonight( hopefully Richards goes to him) and just play the rest of their forward line as per usual.

I'm expecting a win tonight

Only managing to beat our reserve grade team last week by a couple of goals, and with the inclusion of 4 of our most valuable players; the Hawks will be shitting themselves.

I kind of hate this time of year. Really so excited that I can't concentrate at work - and I have a lot of work on just at the moment.

BoM site says 30% chance of rain.

What do we think? Are we still terrible in the wet, if it comes to that tonight? Or have we started to figure out how to cope with a slippery ball?

I reckon we're about 70% terrible in the wet, so I think that evens out.

Nah, I'd say we are much improved in the wet compared to a few years ago. We did well under water against Carlton, but I'd still prefer a dry paddock of course. Port was probably an anomaly. I think it will even these teams out though, if anything.

This reminds me of last years GF as we go into battle once more. Supporters with Trembling Hands...

"My friend, I have come here, to win you again...."

Go Swans

Agreed, I think some people tend to take what they read on the boards to heart a bit too much. I know it's tough sometimes because it's a game of passion and we have a lot invested in our teams, but it helps to take a step back from time to time.

For those saying Jetta should start, what if we get an injury do you think he could run out the whole game?

Agreed, I think some people tend to take what they read on the boards to heart a bit too much. I know it's tough sometimes because it's a game of passion and we have a lot invested in our teams, but it helps to take a step back from time to time.

isnt it part of the fun, as long as people dont abuse each other who cares, good natured ribbing between supporters, the beauty is the win gives you bragging rights, but you have to wear a loss

Makes the game great.

besides on your own club board who cares how confident you are, id rather be in the hawks position tonight than ours form wise, location wise etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back