Preview Match Preview: Sydney Swans v Hawthorn Hawks - Qualifying Final 1 - Friday September 6 @ 19:50, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key matchups for me:
Richards/Grundy to keep Roughead to 3 goals MAX.
ROK to beat Sam "Muralitharan" Mitchell.
Someone to stop Gibson from being the free man back. I swear every time we play the Hawks we start bombing long and he cleans it up time and time again. Maybe our extra tall stops him from ever being free.

I feel like the Hawks will probably get up tonight, clear favourites and rightly so. There's no reason we can't beat them if we bring our best, just haven't seen our best in a while. Prove me wrong and make me proud Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...Someone to stop Gibson from being the free man back. I swear every time we play the Hawks we start bombing long and he cleans it up time and time again. Maybe our extra tall stops him from ever being free....

Tippett to sacrifice personal results by leading up and away from the hot spot dragging Lake and Gibbo away leaving Pyke\Mumford and White to dominate the area would be a great start.

Looking for Rohan and McGlynn to offer the extra something up front if we are gonna get up.

Not going to lie but I am shitting myself pretty nervous , don't no what to think our form has been up and down and still have not beaten a top 4 side yet been shown up against Cats , Pies of late but we can change that tonight and this is where it counts. They got a hold of us last week in that last quarter and kicked 6 I think so I think they have more upside to there game then we do would have to be very very good tonight to knock them off at the G. Hate saying it but I think it will be a carbon copy of last week they have just got that extra bit of polish but geez I hope they show me wrong. Go Swans

I'm confident we will win tonight. We played pretty well last week against them and we have some real quality ins this week.

I don't even care that we lost to them twice this year because this is a whole different ball game. The Hawks don't handle pressure too well against good sides while we are the kings at it. We just need to get off to a good start like we did last week and against Collingwood but keep building the pressure on the Hawks.

I'm predicting us to win by 15 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back