Recommitted Matt Crouch [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is Tom expected to go? Havent heard a single mention of this.
No idea. It’s just suspected that he might leave, to get more midfield time. Media have been asking him most of the year about his future despite being contracted for 2023.

Pushing Mitchell out to bring in a worse version in Crouch would seem odd...
I am told his management approached us on the basis that if we do lose Tom we’ll need experience as we only have O’meara in the midfield over the age of 25-26(Shiels likely to go/retire).

Right now we’re paying top dollar to a guy who doesn’t get high CBA’s due to the need to develop youngsters, but I would assume that we’d still like to have some experience to call on to play inside, should Tom leave for a contender.

Tom playing peripheral role for $800+
Or
Crouch playing it for two thirds of that?

It makes a bit more sense if you break it down like that, but Hawthorn would still need to entertain it which I’m not sure they have.

Funnily enough, the side i think he could fit well at is Gold Coast. They have real quality outside mids in noah anderson and touk miller and even rowell is good on the outside. A pure ball winner on the inside feeding it out to them might appeal at at a low enough cost
I think Gold Coast have woken up after stupidly taking Atkins two seasons ago!

I think Gold Coast have woken up after stupidly taking Atkins two seasons ago!
Would be pretty ironic if they delist Lyons and then trade for Crouch a few years later.

Funnily enough, the side i think he could fit well at is Gold Coast. They have real quality outside mids in noah anderson and touk miller and even rowell is good on the outside. A pure ball winner on the inside feeding it out to them might appeal at at a low enough cost
Rowell good on the outside? Literally 2/3rds of his possessions have been contested! (For reference the contested/uncontested split is usually around 40/60 for onballers)

nah,we have florini,bowes in the 2nds who lack leg speed (our weakness) we'll not go over another slow inside mid imo.miller anderson are tanks in that regard,

You don’t think a cheap, experienced decent enough inside mid wouldn’t be enticing for a rebuilding side who will be gutting their midfield for the sake of salary cap?

Ok.
They’d still have Conigilo, Kelly, Green and Ward though, to say nothing about some of their youngsters. Even if both Taranto and Hopper leave they still don’t really need another mid.

What about North? Provides experienced midfield coverage and may be able to protect the likes of LDU (not that he needs much), Simpkin, Powell, Phillips etc. Wouldn't cost much either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean I could see someone still paying a first for Mitchell whereas Crouch would be gotten for effectively a bag of chips.
A 1st for Tom Mitchell a player that turns 30 next season and like Crouch can only effectively play one position...I highly doubt it.

I see it as like Melbourne picking up Dunstan last year. He's going to end up cheap inside mid coverage for someone, but probably isnt going to get much meaningful game time (unless he remarkably regains speed from his injury or improves his ball use)

A 1st for Tom Mitchell a player that turns 30 next season and like Crouch can only effectively play one position...I highly doubt it.
1 is playing at a good level, averaging 28.4 touches, and is a Brownlow medalist

1 cant get a game in a bottom 4 side

Not comparable other then they are both left footed

1 is playing at a good level, averaging 28.4 touches, and is a Brownlow medalist

1 cant get a game in a bottom 4 side

Not comparable other then they are both left footed
LOL
Matt Crouch in the AFL games he's played in 2022 is averaging 27.4 disposals and if you want to bring past glories into the equation he's an All Australian and Club B&F winner.

You don’t think a cheap, experienced decent enough inside mid wouldn’t be enticing for a rebuilding side who will be gutting their midfield for the sake of salary cap?

Ok.
I think they have too many as it is and why they're happy to shed some salary cap from that area of the list. Surely they have other needs if they want to trade in players

Only clubs I can think of where he could potentially be wanted are Richmond and West Coast. Think the Crows will be stuck with him.

Weren't Freo keen last year? Think they'd be happy with ending up with Will Brodie...

LOL
Matt Crouch in the AFL games he's played in 2022 is averaging 27.4 disposals and if you want to bring past glories into the equation he's an All Australian and Club B&F winner.
As is Mitchell, I was crediting achievements that Mitchell has achieved that Crouch hasnt

I see you ignored the part about Crouch not getting a game in a bottom 4 side

But I digress, Crouch ain’t worth Jack, while Mitchell would be worth late 1st / Early 2nd (with sweetening)

Completely biased if you think different, your own coach don’t rate him, why would another club

Only clubs I can think of where he could potentially be wanted are Richmond and West Coast. Think the Crows will be stuck with him.

Weren't Freo keen last year? Think they'd be happy with ending up with Will Brodie...
I reckon Port might be a sneaky one to add to the list

Teams who are thereabouts but need decent mids should be all over this.

Richmond could probably offer up $1.2 million over 3 years and pay a 4th rounder as a Crows salary dump to get him across. He's a former All Australian in his prime. His impact is debatable but this is clearly an issue that the Crows coach has specifically with him just like the Lyons/Dew situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Matt Crouch [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back