Opinion Matt Priddis discussion.

Where do you stand on the matt priddis question?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** off travis king. **** wit.

would love this priddis be questioned over his efforts see what hed do
To be fair i think it's mainly because he has a contract for next year that Trav King said stay. And that he's a role model.

It's a bit much for us to ask Priddis to voluntarily walk away from $'s. He does need to have it made clear he's going to get the Scott Thompson experience though.

Thought you all might find this titbit interesting.

I was chatting to a friend yesterday who is a professional AFL scout about the Priddis extension and wondered what performance clause he had to hit to trigger the contract extension. He reckons almost 100% of the time it is purely on games played. Eg you've played ten this year here have an extra year.

I was genuinely surprised about that. I thought it would be more complex eg possessions, time on ground etc etc.

I was chatting to a friend yesterday who is a professional AFL scout about the Priddis extension and wondered what performance clause he had to hit to trigger the contract extension. He reckons almost 100% of the time it is purely on games played. Eg you've played ten this year here have an extra year.

I was genuinely surprised about that. I thought it would be more complex eg possessions, time on ground etc etc.
Imagine this was the case. Like the Daisy contract, given the money involved with his Carlton basically told him they wouldn't play him the games to get it to kick in, and he would rot in the reserves, so they agreed to vary the contract and remove the extension option, and he now gets games.

So I guess if you have "runs on the board"(TM) then its only your body not form that dictates your contract negotiations.

Article on the AFL site from A Simpson interview has quotes from Simmo that the club realises they are lacking fitness and speed but concedes these problems cannot be fixed when they are scrapping for a place in the eight .

Simpson also insisted that West Coasts ageing squad would undergo a significant overhaul at seasons end , with the futures of Mark Lecras , Matt Priddis and Sam Mitchell in the spotlight .

"What 'Pridda' does in the future is up to him , he is contracted for next year so we will work through all they situations as we go forward " Adam Simpson said .

Really this should please most that there is no guarantee on Priddis playing going forward into next season .

Nearly close thread time .

Last edited:
Article on the AFL site from A Simpson interview has quotes from Simmo that the club realises they are lacking fitness and speed but concedes these problems cannot be fixed when they are scrapping for a place in the eight .

Simpson also insisted that West Coasts ageing squad would undergo a significant overhaul at seasons end , with the futures of Mark Lecras , Matt Priddis and Sam Mitchell in the spotlight .

"What 'Pridda' does in the future is up to him , he is contracted for next year so we will work through all they situations as we go forward " Adam Simpson said .

Really this should please most that there is no guarantee on Priddis playing going forward into next season .

You havent been here long have you.... :p

what? there is no concrete evidence to suggest that at all. and with the clubs constant bullshitting this could be another case of stating something to please the massses and hope for the best

It is a strange thing for Simmo to say though. Also declined to answer when asked if there was a chance Pridda might not play on next year. Might be a genuine possibility that he does hang up the boots

Being played out of position with reduced minutes in the midfield is a factor though , Redden and co are getting good opportunities now and need to capitalise .
This hasnt been accepted as an excuse for up and coming mids - i do hope hes dropped to the wafl as they were

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is why I was surprised they kept playing him through the injuries - it seemed like they really wanted him to get that clause ticked.

would love to see how priddis would go in the wafl

I reckon the coach would say to the rest of the team..."take a look at priddis boys, you will never see him in an East Perth jumper again.......cause we don't tolerate shit disposals here!!!"
And drop him to colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back