Traded Matt Rosa [traded to Gold Coast for #31]

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. Maybe not.

I'm not convinced Jetta is definitely better than Rosa.

Rosa to Dees for pick 20-odd?

That would be fair enough. Gotta wonder why he would ask for a trade to Melbourne.
You are really overrating Rosa in this thread. Will either stay or be traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I wonder if Woosha will want him at the dons?
Hope so. He is an upgrade on a couple we have on our list and his experience would be beneficial for the young kids that will be playing the next few years. People that are saying he is cooked have short memories, thought he was close to BOG in the Semi against the best side we have seen for years.
Think the Cooney experience might scare off a few at the club though

You are really overrating Rosa in this thread. Will either stay or be traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick.
There is no way a team that is in contention would trade someone who is quality depth (at worst) for a third or fourth rounder in a weak draft.

We will only trade him if the price is right, has to be a pick in the 20s somehow or a decent player.

There is no way a team that is in contention would trade someone who is quality depth (at worst) for a third or fourth rounder in a weak draft.

We will only trade him if the price is right, has to be a pick in the 20s somehow or a decent player.
There is no chance a team trades a pick in the 20s for as you put it, someone who will most likely be depth in a good team. Rosa would be handy experience for a team that is rebuilding but a pick in the 20s is too valuable for a team rebuilding.

A pick in the 20s can land a Yeo or an Ebert at trade and has a decent chance of picking up a player who is at least the equal of Rosa in the draft, a team that is rebuilding will not take that risk.

This draft is underrated. It's decent up to 25 to 30

We mishandled the Selwood deal because we apparently don't understand how free agency compensation works.

What better could we have gotten? Geelong had traded all decent assets away with Hendersen and Danger.

Hope so. He is an upgrade on a couple we have on our list and his experience would be beneficial for the young kids that will be playing the next few years. People that are saying he is cooked have short memories, thought he was close to BOG in the Semi against the best side we have seen for years.
No, he really isn't.

Would love it if he was Melbourne bound, especially with Cross hanging up the boots.
Apparently you've agreed to trade a non-specific 2nd round pick to Essendon.

Trade pick 25 to WC for Rosa and 36 , then trade 36 to Essendon for Melksham. WC then trade 25 to the Hawks for Anderson.
You get the feeling it would be against the rules. But if it isn't then we should definitely do that. Someone gets him for free, and our pick 37 compo becomes pick 20.

Wonder if it's different from the dal santo deal - probably is.

I don't think compensation stack. When Port lost Pearce and Chaplin in the same year they got 2 second round picks instead of 1 first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the media would not just make up a story?
I did find it a little odd that the only direct quote from Vozzo about it was "It came as a surprise to us that Matt made that request" as if to intimate that he's only heard about it from others but yeah who knows. Just passing on what I heard from what I believe to be a good source. If it's wrong I'm happy to wear it.

I think we would be lucky to get offered a late 20's pick. Realistically we would get offered a pick in the 30's or later.. Hope he decides to stay, he's a handy player to have around.

Not a comment on the value of Rosa, but I think at his age it wouldn't be a wise move. He might have a decent short term impact, but I would question whether what he adds as a player is something we cant get from a younger player that is developing for the future. We don't really need more depth players that are nearing the end of their careers, unless they are standouts in an area that we really lack.

I don't think Rosa fits that description.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Matt Rosa [traded to Gold Coast for #31]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back