Traded Matt Rosa [traded to Gold Coast for #31]

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh. We're the ones talking right now, and look the closest to it so I think it'll happen fairly quickly.

GWS can just sit and wait, and sell pick 8 to the highest bidder. I'd be surprised if another club can't beat your offer. I don't think there is too much of a risk that Essendon will trade on 23 and 25 otherwise, nor that there won't be a better offer available once a lot of other trades are done.

Time will tell us who is right I suppose.

If the Hawthorn deal ends up going through, who? The picks after 8 will be:

9. Adelaide (Dangerfield)
10. Gold Coast (for Dixon)
11. Bulldogs
12. Richmond
13. Adelaide
14. Sydney
15. Essendon
16. Fremantle
17. Brisbane
18. Essendon
19. Gold Coast
20. Carlton
21. Brisbane
22. Gold Coast
23. Essendon
24. St. Kilda
25. Essendon
26. Collingwood
27. GWS
28. Adelaide

Only ones that could are Adelaide (doubt they'd do that much for a 1 or 2 pick upgrade) and GC, who are unlikely to.

On that basis, can't see myself spending too much time watching/listening to draft day.

May actually get some work done!

The same reason I wouldn't be upset losing him is the same reason you are unenthusiastic

Solid player, courageous - but middling talent and near 30
Guys like Rosa reinforce our second tier.

Depth isn't our problem at the moment though.
Really? Don't get ahead of yourself.

With redden and Jetta coming in, Mackenzie fit and Duggan hopefully fit - probably not even a spot in the 25
Disagree.

When Priddis and Masten were out for the QF against Hawthorn, we needed the lesser lights to step up. Rosa responded with his best game for the season. You don't jettison guys like that lightly.

Guys like Rosa reinforce our second tier.

Really? Don't get ahead of yourself.

Disagree.

When Priddis and Masten were out for the QF against Hawthorn, we needed the lesser lights to step up. Rosa responded with his best game for the season. You don't jettison guys like that lightly.

Not ahead of myself - our team is full of depth players - what we lack is top end dynamic midfield talent. Rosa was outstanding in the Hawks game, best game I have seen him play - was at bull at the ball. However - a handful of games of that quality in 10 years doesn't make him a star

He's a role player sitting somewhere between 20 and 30 on our list

Not ahead of myself - our team is full of depth players - what we lack is top end dynamic midfield talent.
Depth is about the quality of the 7-8 guys that sit across the fringe of the best 22. Some of them are in, some of them are out, but you hope they're all ready to go when needed. To have a player with Rosa's commitment and work ethic in that group is a bonus for us. Diluting that pool doesn't take us closer to a flag. Few of the other players in that bracket are as accomplished or reliable.

Rosa was outstanding in the Hawks game, best game I have seen him play - was at bull at the ball. However - a handful of games of that quality in 10 years doesn't make him a star
I don't think anyone said he's a star.

Closer to 20 than 30.

Last edited:
Not ahead of myself - our team is full of depth players - what we lack is top end dynamic midfield talent. Rosa was outstanding in the Hawks game, best game I have seen him play - was at bull at the ball. However - a handful of games of that quality in 10 years doesn't make him a star

Yep, but he has contributed very well (bravest of the brave at times) and been loyal. Now he sees the writing on the wall so we can help him a little.

It is also the sound of the wind blowing over the chip on dermies shoulder

Dermie doesn't like the Eagles at all. Every chance he gets he takes a dig at the team / club / player.

He was one of the main media flogs complaining about bias umpiring in the west.

Just a shame the flog had the last laugh in season 2015.:( Hope we take some revenge over the Hawks in the next few seasons.

Dermie doesn't like the Eagles at all. Every chance he gets he takes a dig at the team / club / player.

He was one of the main media flogs complaining about bias umpiring in the west.

Just a shame the flog had the last laugh in season 2015.:( Hope we take some revenge over the Hawks in the next few seasons.
where is that clip of whoosh putting his lights out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't want to see him go, but given the potential midfield list for next season, including Yeo and Masten possibly coming back to the midfield with injured defenders returning, I wouldn't blame him if he decided he didn't want to spend his season at East Perth...

The AFL site reports GC are sniffing around Rosa.

If that's the case, I hope we try to package Rosa with 1-2 picks and go for the Suns' pick 19.

If we bend over and accept the Suns' pick 35 (or worse) in a straight swap, that would be a shitty outcome.
Not sure he would want to go to QLD but he would be a good fit in their list.

His experience would be great for our list.

It's just whether he can hold up for another 2-3yrs of AFL to make it worthwhile?

Did he ever play in the fwd line (Ie. on a flank) at the Eagles or always rotating through the midfield?

His experience would be great for our list.

It's just whether he can hold up for another 2-3yrs of AFL to make it worthwhile?

Did he ever play in the fwd line (Ie. on a flank) at the Eagles or always rotating through the midfield?
Classic blue-collar wingman. Probably more defensive than offensive.

Rosa's value to us far exceeds his trade value IMO. He's a perfect depth player, flexible to play a number of roles to a decent standard. Unless another club offers serious overs then I back the club's stance not to trade him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Matt Rosa [traded to Gold Coast for #31]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back