Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe we forced a grand final coach in Pyke out after that review. Then hire a guy to do a full rebuild who is clearly out of his depth. Pykey please save us.
Look, Nicks did a really good job of rebuilding the culture of this club (which under Pyke/Burton was at its lowest ebb). He did that, but now it’s crystal clear he is NOT the one to take us forward from here.

Look, Nicks did a really good job of rebuilding the culture of this club (which under Pyke/Burton was at its lowest ebb). He did that, but now it’s crystal clear he is NOT the one to take us forward from here.

Well they need to grow some cajoolies and sack his incompetent arse.

There was a festering culture problem Pyke inherited. If he took over now, we'd be set.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

But strangely if you are after a player to play a non-statistical role, Murphy is possibly the best option 🤣
If we put a kid in there he might start getting possessions, laying tackles and kicking goals and other stuff.
This 100٪ 👌
Was thinking during that train-wreck...
🤔 So, what if someone (young) should come in and offer that shit...plus something, (I don't know?) GOOD!!

I heard someone who was a huge backer of Nicks say today that he needs to go and do does Roo and the board and until that happens they won't be watching.
Someone within the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, this line is the biggest load of horseshit that gets peddled around.

Look, this line is the biggest load of horseshit that gets peddled around.
I disagree. We had massive cultural issues when Nicks came on board. Our kids wouldn’t stay and we couldn’t get decent players here. Under Nicks the kids want to stay and we brought in Dawson and Rankine. He brought us through the teething pains, but now we need someone to do the toilet training.

There was a festering culture problem Pyke inherited. If he took over now, we'd be set.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pyke took over a group who just tragically lost their coach. He exacerbated the problem when he piled shit on the players for losing the GF when they already blamed themselves for not getting the job done for Walsh. Then a bunch of them left (even though they all agreed to stay together until they got the job done thus creating even worse issues. And then the debacle of the camp. He dug the hole deeper.

Pyke took over a group who just tragically lost their coach. He exacerbated the problem when he piled shit on the players for losing the GF when they already blamed themselves for not getting the job done for Walsh. Then a bunch of them left (even though they all agreed to stay together until they got the job done thus creating even worse issues. And then the debacle of the camp. He dug the hole deeper.
Re signing nicks so early was just as bad as the camp. A f'ing woeful decision.

I disagree. We had massive cultural issues when Nicks came on board. Our kids wouldn’t stay and we couldn’t get decent players here. Under Nicks the kids want to stay and we brought in Dawson and Rankine. He brought us through the teething pains, but now we need someone to do the toilet training.
It’s bullshit, would have played out like that under just about anyone new.

Re signing nicks so early was just as bad as the camp. A f'ing woeful decision.
What? The CM camp cost us a few years contending for the premiership to allow us a smooth rebuild instead of our biggest list turnover at the end of 2019 and 2020 which occurred at the worst time during a global pandemic. Nothing will rival the CM camp as the worst decision by the club for a very long time if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back