Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? The CM camp cost us a few years contending for the premiership to allow us a smooth rebuild instead of our biggest list turnover at the end of 2019 and 2020 which occurred at the worst time during a global pandemic. Nothing will rival the CM camp as the worst decision by the club for a very long time if ever.
Next year is gonna be a conplete waste too if he's still there. The club has never been more gutless.

Last edited:
Pyke took over a group who just tragically lost their coach. He exacerbated the problem when he piled shit on the players for losing the GF when they already blamed themselves for not getting the job done for Walsh. Then a bunch of them left (even though they all agreed to stay together until they got the job done thus creating even worse issues. And then the debacle of the camp. He dug the hole deeper.
I had heard that the feedback to Pyke at the end of 2018 was he was a major hardass, who was relentlessly negative in his feedback and the players didn't want to deal with him anymore. So that kicked off "the pre-season of fun!" in 2019 and Campo getting promoted to take a bigger role with the entire group (and Godden coming in as midfield coach to replace him).

I'll give credit to Pyke cause he knew he stuffed up and tried to fix it, but he also knew he'd lost the players and wasn't gonna get them back, so walked before he could do anymore damage.

Next year is gonna be a conpkete waste too if nicks is still there. The club has never been more gutless.
I wouldn't call the emergence of Soligo and Rankine as midfielders and development of Nankervis, Taylor and Dowling (I still think Cook will eventually get there) into AFL quality players (no thanks to Nicks of course) as a "waste" year, I think Nicks will be sacked next year but there will be further development of a list with already quality core of youngsters for the next senior coach to work with.

Give it up for Kate 'Kamala' Ellis.
The less said about her the better.

Seven straight years out of the eight and she’s been a board member for every single one of them.

And unelected to boot.

Somebody here defend that disgusting lack of accountability. Go ahead.

“We’d normally put the sub in at three quarter time, but we didn’t want to lose the momentum going in to the fourth.”
Yeah way to show faith in Dan, Matthew, what the **** do you think the kid will think when he hears a statement like this?

Is it really so hard for some people to believe we’ve had two really crap coaches in a row? Pyke was crap. Nicks is crap. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Let’s not get distracted here.

Why does this bloke hate Curtin? Give him a full game FFS

How in the ****, with the game on the line do you let Jeremy Cameron free?

Look, Nicks did a really good job of rebuilding the culture of this club (which under Pyke/Burton was at its lowest ebb). He did that, but now it’s crystal clear he is NOT the one to take us forward from here.
He took us from a team who had a culture of always wanting to make finals. And took it to its first wooden spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great use of Curtin this year

1722727578820-png.2068212

Would it be fair to say had we traded with the Eagles, that he would have arguably played almost every game in 2024, barring injury for them?

Massive sliding doors moment for his career.

Next year is gonna be a conplete waste too if he's still there. The club has never been more gutless.
Next year will be 8 years since our last finals appearance and last time we were a chance to win the flag.

Even with a new coach, its going to take at least a year or two to even play finals, let alone be a premiership threat.

Buckle up, at best we will play finals towards the end of this decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back