Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Silver’s review 🙄. We are waiting???
Yup Silvers:
bored waiting GIF

If they don't sack Nicks immediately I'm going on strike as a supporter. Might pop in to post a Simpsons meme from time to time but that's about it.
Please don't give us hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another masterclass tonight.
Laird the first half back ever to have a 1:2 KH. Swans defenders all 3:1 or 2:1
Dowling yet to touch the midfield after another 30 in the SANFL.
Edwards not considered after getting 30 in the SANFL
No Ryan debut despite good form.
Bolase forward.
Dawson Key back.
Nank def instead of wing.
Chayce Jones returns to half back, after we tried and failed that for 3 years.
Keays starting in the first CBA.
Curtin starting first 10 minutes on the bench.\
Poor entries all night, how did we give their 3 half backs 90 possesions.

Last edited:
When Nicks eventually leaves ( I was going to say sacked, but I’m not convinced we have the minerals to sack him), the club will be an anomaly on his resume. He won’t give 2/5th of shits about us yet we treat him like some heart and soul that the whole club must get behind.

He’s not the messiah. He’s a nobody.

So many threads to post this in…

But Nicks is a moron. We have had a terrible season. You want to go into the last game with at least some type of optimism to build on into the new year.

So with our season done and dusted going into the last meaningless game, we have team members turning on our best young player in the media and the coach dropping him but refusing to say exactly why.

We now have the next 6 months of negativity instead of hope and optimism.

It was a moronic thing to do.

And it’s not the first time. Having an injured Lynch as sub who didn’t have his kit on, playing Curtin in defence for 3/4s of a season when everyone knew it wasn’t his position, subbing soligo, playing Murphy and McHenry when they are NOT the future, backing in Smith and Laird every single week even though they’re cooked.

Even last year, the reason we ‘lost’ so many close games is because the players tried playing Nicks shit game plan, then when the game was lost, just played on instinct but it was too little too late.

He’s not smart. And the problem is, he thinks that he is.

He has overseen the entire rebuild. Where we are is on him. He might be a nice guy, but he’s out of his depth.

Just think if the morons on our board didn't extend him after round one we would be parting company with Nicks now.

Sigh, would provide some optimism heading into next season.

**** you Olsen

**** you Roo
It was such an arrogant decision especially ln light of the fact that we should have been 0-6 after R6 this year, if not for a flukey last minute win vs Blues, which arguably may have cost them the position in the 8.

Look at Hawthorn under Sam Mitchell - a no nonsense club that does all the tough things to advance as a club. Gave us a good start and have streaked past us like we're in floundering in quicksand

Look at AFC - a bunch of happy clapping boys club of bullshyte marketers drinking their own bathwater.

I'm struggling to do this any more whilst we do idiotic things like extending Nicks after a shock R1 loss.

Who knows what Dawson was thinking after the game last night, dreaming of a Robe retirement I assume as Sydney showed us what a real club looks like

As for Nicks, he is just plain stupid.

He must be to think Murphy deserves a game every week, or that a cooked Smith ("a big part of our future") or a talent less McHenry were the now and the future. Good SANFL form doesn't matter?? In almost every presser and by his selection policy Nicks is showing himself to be an idiot HE MUST GO

Last edited:
When Nicks eventually leaves ( I was going to say sacked, but I’m not convinced we have the minerals to sack him), the club will be an anomaly on his resume. He won’t give 2/5th of shits about us yet we treat him like some heart and soul that the whole club must get behind.

He’s not the messiah. He’s a nobody.

I found him

200w-53.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back