Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So many threads to post this in…

But Nicks is a moron. We have had a terrible season. You want to go into the last game with at least some type of optimism to build on into the new year.

So with our season done and dusted going into the last meaningless game, we have team members turning on our best young player in the media and the coach dropping him but refusing to say exactly why.

We now have the next 6 months of negativity instead of hope and optimism.

It was a moronic thing to do.

And it’s not the first time. Having an injured Lynch as sub who didn’t have his kit on, playing Curtin in defence for 3/4s of a season when everyone knew it wasn’t his position, subbing soligo, playing Murphy and McHenry when they are NOT the future, backing in Smith and Laird every single week even though they’re cooked.

Even last year, the reason we ‘lost’ so many close games is because the players tried playing Nicks shit game plan, then when the game was lost, just played on instinct but it was too little too late.

He’s not smart. And the problem is, he thinks that he is.

He has overseen the entire rebuild. Where we are is on him. He might be a nice guy, but he’s out of his depth.
I'm not even sure he's a nice guy.

He just spews out cliches that people want to hear, like a used car salesman or a low rent politician.

Nicks has coached us

105 Games 37W 1 D 67L 35%

Take away the West Coast and North games

90 Games 26W 1D 63L 29%

And the 2-year extension to his contract hasn't started.
That statistic when you remove Eagles and North are bloody sobering as f**k.

29% win record against all other Clubs since 2020 FMD

They have the audacity to extend him before his contract end is mind numbing.

Facebook full of Happy Clappers? Go there and check it out this morning. If the comments are indicative of attitude of the majority of supporters, the club is in serious trouble--and rightly so.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Getting roasted by the apricot slice brigade. lol

You can just tell in the box last night he knew his tenure is coming to an end. He just seems angry every time the camera was on him, shaking his head and talking to Burns a hell of a lot.

Interesting that Kelly was standing behind him with a clipboard & headset all night, Analysing him or just trying to look busy? 😂

Who knows what Dawson was thinking after the game last night, dreaming of a Robe retirement I assume as Sydney showed us what a real club looks like
He looked lost last night. Low energy. Until he got fired up just before half time he hadnt fired a shot

I get the feeling there is a lot more weighing him down.

Anything else would be speculation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Kelly was standing behind him with a clipboard & headset all night, Analysing him or just trying to look busy? 😂
Never ever give Kelly credit for being smart at footballing

Probably taking coffee orders

You can just tell in the box last night he knew his tenure is coming to an end. He just seems angry every time the camera was on him, shaking his head and talking to Burns a hell of a lot.

I noticed a lot of it was directed at Burns. It had a very "if I'm going down, I'm taking you with me" sort of a vibe.

I wonder what James Rahilly is doing this morning? Hopefully talking to someone from the AFC.

Have to laugh at Kelly, has zero qualifications to ge involved in running a football team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back