Matthew Richardson set to annouce retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Richo retiring tomorrow

The neutral footy world is gutted, can't imagine how you guys feel.

One of the great characters of the game.

Didn't get as much back from the game as he put in, but that is part of his legend. Everyone loves Richo.

The end of an era. A great player fated never to play under a decent coach.

Hope that RFC moves quickly to appoint him to an official position with the club.

And I'm guessing that Wilbur will be offered the number 12 guernsey. (Funny how his lookalike appeared the same season as Richo's last...). May he be half as good and twice as lucky.

Perhaps the door has opened ever so slightly for Polly now. Perhaps he can become the complete Miracle Man.

Sorry to hear about your loss, guys. My sympathy goes out to the club and its loyal supporters.

A champion of the game and will be missed by many.

****ing hell - this season is just a disaster

Richo
Cogs
Brown
Johnson
Bowden

the 5 blokes who were meant to tear this side into its new era all faded away into a uneventful, undeserving end.

What the hell is 2010 going to bring for us? Another ( our best! ) player over 194cm gone.

Just shattered

I am absolutly shattered!!! this cant be....Now there is no reason to go see the tigers next year!!! best richmond player I have ever had the privilage of seeing, dead set CHAMPION!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a shock, I was convinced he was going to be right for a farewell 2010 tour, really feel shortchanged for the bloke and his legion of fans that we couldn't send him off in style. Dunno what to say..a deadset C H A M P I O N the fact he never played with a few teammates even half as good over the journbey meant he didn't enjoy the spoils he so richly deserved.

well done richo, an ornament to the game...they dont make'm like him every day, we'll miss him heaps...more to come:thumbsu:

Yeah, I might go.

Might pop down there with my brother. No exams

Ok good, won't be alone.

Will have to call the club tomorrow morning to see when the press conference is. Geez im in a miserable mood atm.

would love to but to far to go those who are going DEMAND THE NUMBER 12 BE RETIRED FOR AT LEAST 5 SEASONS IF NOT PERMENTLY:thumbsdown::(:(

No probs.

I agree with #12 being retired. But would Richo want that? He is the ulimate no fuss type of person. Let him decide.

Posted this on the main board but such a good story I'll repeat it.

My favourite memory of Richo

A friend of mine who happens to be a Richo fanatic, became an accountant and had a graduation party. Her partner went up to Richo after a game and asked would he like to come as a surprise guest to help celebrate. He said, "sure, no worries".

He was given the address on a bit of paper and didn't expect he'd rock up. But lo and behold on the night, there was a knock on the door and here is Richo standing there.

After a mad scramble to get rid of all the cardboard cut-outs of him that decorated the house lol, he came in and joined them.

That is just him all over, the nicest person ever to play AFL footy.

Great story.

That is what sets Richo apart, not only is he one of the greatest players to play the game, he is easily the nicest bloke off the ground.

I have not read one bad word about him. Go to any Richmond function and see him being surrounded by fans all day who want a photo/autograph yet there is no hint of him being even slightly annoyed.

He is the ultimate tiger. For many Richmond supporters Richo is what has got them through the last 15 years. As terrible as Richmond were as a team.. Richo kept many turning up week after week. And for many young supporters like myself who missed the great era of the late 60's and 70's he is the only real Richmond legend that we have been able to watch play.

I miss him already and feel sorry for those young tigers who won't ever be able to say that they saw the great man play.

i'd love to go tomorrow but i probably shouldn't miss my exam.. and they'll probably kick me out for being in hysterics or something. i can't even look at a picture of him this is horrible. all year we have been reassured that he's going to go on, "me retire, no way", and now i hear it on the ****ing 6 oclock news. i hope he still heads down for the tassie nab cup game, i was counting on it being the first time i'd see him play again :(

i'd love to go tomorrow but i probably shouldn't miss my exam.. and they'll probably kick me out for being in hysterics or something. i can't even look at a picture of him this is horrible. all year we have been reassured that he's going to go on, "me retire, no way", and now i hear it on the ****ing 6 oclock news. i hope he still heads down for the tassie nab cup game, i was counting on it being the first time i'd see him play again :(
I'm going down to Tassie for that game too, as I can't make it to any others during the season. I didn't realise it at the time, but it'll be hard to go knowing Richo not only ain't playing, but will never play again :(

Will def head down for training or whatever now. Could someone in the know please make a thread as soon as they know what time we should all head down?

Without knowing, Press Conferences are usually are on at around 10 to 1.

Just thinking about going tomorrow, it might be inside giving us fans close to no access. Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Richardson set to annouce retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back