News Matthew Scarlett Quits as Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Guthrie isn't an A grader but he was AA last year.
Huh??? Guthrie is absolutely an A Grader. He was injured this year, which is why he did not scale last year's heights, and yet he still finished top twenty in the Brownlow voting. Jack Henry is also a decent footy player who just gets better and better each year.

Yeah, I am just going to avoid this board until next year I think. Too many terrible takes no doubt based on the (understandable) frustration over the prelim smashing.

Edited to say: Earlier posters mentioned Ross Lyon. We need to keep in mind Lyon is a sexual predator who was fired for verbally sexually harassing a pregnant Freo staffer and his name should never ever be brought up in the same sentence as Geelong.

People classify way too many footballers as A grade. Macrae from the Dogs isn't either IMO. Copped it on the polls board for saying it earlier in the year but goes MIA in the grand final as doesn't have another gear that the likes of Petracca and Bontempelli have when the intensity lifts. Guthrie, Duncan etc are in this B+ group.

An A grader IMO is someone within the top 12 to 15 in that position (doubled for midfielders I suppose).
Stewart is an A grader. Henry likely to become one.
Cameron and Hawkins are A graders.
Selwood was, Danger still could be.
Guthrie is not.
Ironically that does put Menegola and Duncan as A grade wingers (which they are), but they aren't A graders outside of that specific situation IMO.

People classify way too many footballers as A grade. Macrae from the Dogs isn't either IMO. Copped it on the polls board for saying it earlier in the year but goes MIA in the grand final as doesn't have another gear that the likes of Petracca and Bontempelli have when the intensity lifts. Guthrie, Duncan etc are in this B+ group.

Just because someone isn't as good as Bontempelli and Petracca doesn't mean they're not A grade.

Those two are in the top three players in the league, absolute A+.

If Macrae was in our midfield, he'd be our best player by a fair margin.
He's every bit of an A grade footballer. Was brilliant in every final match bar the last one.

Petracca and co are on the path to being the best players of their entire generation. Bontempelli alike. When all is said and done, they probably sit alongside Dustin Martin and Chris Judd as all time greats.

An A grader IMO is someone within the top 12 to 15 in that position (doubled for midfielders I suppose).
Stewart is an A grader. Henry likely to become one.
Cameron and Hawkins are A graders.
Selwood was, Danger still could be.
Guthrie is not.
Ironically that does put Menegola and Duncan as A grade wingers (which they are), but they aren't A graders outside of that specific situation IMO.
Yeah, there is a difference between A-grade and elite (which I would suggest is the top ten in the AFL).

“There’s a lot of interest in Matty Scarlett,” Barrett told AFL Trade Radio’s The Late Trade.

“I believe GWS is keen to see what he wants to do in that space, as is the Carlton Football Club.

“He’s not returning calls, I can vouch for that myself, but it doesn’t mean the interest isn’t there and it doesn’t mean that people aren’t getting messages through to him.

“I’d be staggered if he’s not aware of GWS’ interest and more pertinently, given there’s a Victorian element to this club, the Carlton one with a new fresh start under Michael Voss.”

Carlton announced on Thursday that Aaron Hamill will return to the Blues as a defensive coach for 2022, as part of Voss’ new-look coaching department.

Macrae is an A grader, easily.
Petracca, Oliver, Dusty, Wines, Bont, Walsh are A+.
Duncan agreed, B+
Guthrie is an A grader
There are multiple A graders, it is a MF-ers game.

Macrae is an A grader, easily.
Petracca, Oliver, Dusty, Wines, Bont, Walsh are A+.
Duncan agreed, B+
Guthrie is an A grader
There are multiple A graders, it is a MF-ers game.
Guthrie is an A grade midfielder who kicked 4 goals this year :(.

And yes I know kicking goals is not what footy is all about.

Petracca and co are on the path to being the best players of their entire generation. Bontempelli alike. When all is said and done, they probably sit alongside Dustin Martin and Chris Judd as all time greats.
What about GAJ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahahahaha Jack Macrae not an A grader is seriously the most stupid thing I have ever read on this site.

Depends on how many "a-grade" players you consider there to be in the comp.
Add up all the lists and divide by 26. Or 6 if you’re using an A-F scale. Or we could rate each player out of 100. Maybe colour code them. Could we lick their sweat and judge the saltiness on a seven point scale??

What about GAJ?
How quickly they forget
Not even forget about a great player, but arguably the GoaT.
Geezus.

I deliberately left out Junior's name for this reason . . . Bontempelli, Martin, Judd, Petracca will never get to the same level as him.
They are the best of their generation.

Junior is in the discussion for greatest of all time. Only Carey, Matthews and Senior are in that discussion.

Geezus.

I deliberately left out Junior's name for this reason . . . Bontempelli, Martin, Judd, Petracca will never get to the same level as him.
They are the best of their generation.

Junior is in the discussion for greatest of all time. Only Carey, Matthews and Senior are in that discussion.

Geezus.
Your post needed an *

Depends on how many "a-grade" players you consider there to be in the comp.
No Jez, no matter how many you’re counting Macrae is an A grader. He racked up the most possessions ever recorded this year and is an Elite user, he is a star.

I get where you’re coming from but he is that close to Bont, Trac, Oliver, etc that he is in the same discussion as those blokes.

Please.

GAS was a far superior footballer than Dusty will ever be.
Dusty is the best finals player any of us will ever see but there have been plenty of better footballers than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back