MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

13 Players leaving castlemaine for mcdfl.. What's the story with most if not all to newstead

Christmas, conn ff Chf will be a forward line that destroys everyone you would think
Royal park about to fall over? Campbells creek in huge trouble ?
Avoca losing heaps, rovers got heaps on go, Maldon bouncing back with some good
signings after a couple of keys left

Talbot will be ordinary,( that's what there coach said)
Lexton got heaps training, natte spending a quid, navarre looking good, brook keeping things quiet to the outside world, dunolly are a joke in my opinion, they should rename them selves the mcnamee eagles, harcourt getting many recruits as trentham
All IMO

I think clubs will be surprised where some of the Steads recruits line up, we may not necessarily see Christmas in the forward line!

Quality big men are hard to come by, the kid won the u19's VAFA North 1 League B&F for his great season as FB.

this "kid" has unlimited potential and will serve Trentham very nicely.

T11

i have no doubt he can play as i have been training with him and the other new recruits from werribee and heathcote since november,but to say that he'll win the league b+f may be paying the standard of this leagues players a dis service. I must say that he,along with the many new recruits have impressed on the track hopefully a sign of things to come for the season

He's not the first talented kid to have a look around and wont be the last. No incentive to stay at Burra this yr, they are in for IMO a long year. I highly doubt any player at Lexton or Brook would give 2 s$%ts what he does either.

I was kinda hoping for something a bit more insightful, but it seems you know as much about Brandon's reasons as the rest of us. You underestimate both him and the clubs you mentioned if you think they don't care less about where he plays.

Interesting you say no incentive to stay at Maryborough. Might have thought learning the game from the likes of Aston, Bucknall & Johnston might be enough, (or Bell, Coghlan, Stroobants, Messaoudi ... should I go on?) Premiership opportunities perhaps at Brook & Lexton. Makes you wonder what the "incentive" is at Talbot. That's why I ask.

I think when King Rich says he's not the first talented kid to have a look around is an understatement. From what i've heard he committed to brook then signed a contract with Lexton then reneged on that contract to recommit with brook and has no pushed on to Talbot.

Talbot is his home club granted but i think his return to the botters has been less than graceful but i will wish him good luck this year as the kid can play...

I think when King Rich says he's not the first talented kid to have a look around is an understatement. From what i've heard he committed to brook then signed a contract with Lexton then reneged on that contract to recommit with brook and has no pushed on to Talbot.

Talbot is his home club granted but i think his return to the botters has been less than graceful but i will wish him good luck this year as the kid can play...

At the end of the day he just decided he wanted to come back and play at his home club. He handled it all poorly by the sounds of it, but my point was he's not the first talented young kid that gets chased by other clubs that handles the attention poorly. He knows he probably didnt handle the situation that well but is committed to helping rebuild Talbot now. Money is not a factor, he would get much more at Brook and Lexton, just decided to come back to help us out in the end.

I was kinda hoping for something a bit more insightful, but it seems you know as much about Brandon's reasons as the rest of us. You underestimate both him and the clubs you mentioned if you think they don't care less about where he plays.

Interesting you say no incentive to stay at Maryborough. Might have thought learning the game from the likes of Aston, Bucknall & Johnston might be enough, (or Bell, Coghlan, Stroobants, Messaoudi ... should I go on?) Premiership opportunities perhaps at Brook & Lexton. Makes you wonder what the "incentive" is at Talbot. That's why I ask.

There is no opportunity of a premiership at Burra and they wont be as strong as last year I would have thought. We put a bit of pressure on Brandon to not play against Talbot. We were more than happy for him to stay at Burra though. The incentive is to play with his home club rather than against us which is pretty easy to understand. How his mind and plenty of other talented young footballers works though is still often a mystery to me mate! ;)

dont blame him for not wanting to play against Talbot, have a look at the treatment dished out to Johnny Hind, Dave Clark and Mark Allen afew years back

Ha Dave Clark has never been treated badly. Hindy and Mark Allen would have issues with certain players in the club, but not the club as a whole. If you knew the individual stories you would be aware of that.

There is no opportunity of a premiership at Burra and they wont be as strong as last year I would have thought. We put a bit of pressure on Brandon to not play against Talbot. We were more than happy for him to stay at Burra though. The incentive is to play with his home club rather than against us which is pretty easy to understand. How his mind and plenty of other talented young footballers works though is still often a mystery to me mate! ;)

Fair enough.

I certainly wasn't indicating Maryborough was any sort of flag fancy. Not even at the generous odds being offered by Sportsbet would I part with my hard-earned on that prospect. Brook and Lexton might have offered that attraction though.

I am also very familiar with the sort of "pressure" they apply out Talbot way if you're not on their side. A few in the past have learnt that the hard way!

Any clubs got Practice matches coming up?

Thermo Newstead will need some quality recruits if they are going to be better than the past couple of years... Oxley, Kerr, Ford, Guthrie and roumered to be a few others on the move as well will leave a fair hole in your side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thermo Newstead will need some quality recruits if they are going to be better than the past couple of years... Oxley, Kerr, Ford, Guthrie and roumered to be a few others on the move as well will leave a fair hole in your side.

Come on egor
Obviously you have not looked at mcdfl website and the clearances that are going to newstead, easily have covered there supposed loses!

I see all clubs missed out on sam gowers from maryborough, heard he was looking at a few clubs? He is a handy type I am informed?

Praccy match dates guys?

Talbot play illabrook on 19 th march at brook

Reliable sources say young Sam is bound for Natte. Let's hope it works out for him, although those same sources would indicate the grass won't necessarily be greener there.

There are some premiership players leaving us this year Egor including a few more to add to the names mentioned, but we have plenty of quality arriving at the club in 2011 so are still shaping up pretty well!

My cousin is tied up with a new CHFL team & had a praccy match teed up for the 2nd of april but opposition have pulled out.....anyone know of a team looking for a final hit out before the season starts? if so pm me & ill pass on his number.

Anyone tell me how last years premiers Maldon are traveling? Word has it they got touched up by over 20 goals against RDFL side Sunbury Kangeroos.

Anyone tell me how last years premiers Maldon are traveling? Word has it they got touched up by over 20 goals against RDFL side Sunbury Kangeroos.

not sure how to gauge maldons performance but sunbury kangas have recruited very strongly over the past 2 seasons and judging by the best players list on the rdfl big footy site ,they'll be pushing for a shot at the flag.practice matches are used to have a look at new players and try a few new things .i wouldnt read too much into the result. im sure once the season gets up and going that maldon will be just as dangerous as they were last season.

Trenm playing Creswick saturday at Trenm gold coin donation for flood relief. Trenm cup round robin 26th march . trenm play woodend/hesket friday night at woodend 1st april

new on the scene and looking at clearances carisbrook must fancy their chances this year. adding morgan, tatchell, traecy to an already reasonable midfield. not sure how they'll go for pace but clearances shouldn't be a problem.
how will the fwd line stack up?

new on the scene and looking at clearances carisbrook must fancy their chances this year. adding morgan, tatchell, traecy to an already reasonable midfield. not sure how they'll go for pace but clearances shouldn't be a problem.
how will the fwd line stack up?

They will be right up there in my opinion but have to disagree with you comments on tatchell! Hasn't had a kick in two years, i think he be lucky to be in brooks best side if they are ro challenge come the big time, on top of that the mcdfl is going to be a cracker year nearly up to CHFL standard I would presume with all clearances coming in.

Traecy and Morgan should be guns though!

Remove this Banner Ad

MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back