McGlynn and Kennedy to Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a post that gives us a bad name, pull your head in and be grateful what we got.
Sydney have done well but so has Brisbane. Kennedy if he's half as good as the rest of his family he will go well. McGlynn is a midget and might free up Jack.

Quiet spanner.

It's in relation to the fact that opposition supporters think we will be bottom four. So toddle off.

P.S. Brisbane has done well??? LOL, I actually took your post seriously there for a minute.

I'm not saying that we wonout in these deals, but our side will be better next year.

Gibson & Burgoyne > Williams, Kennedy & McGlynn.

Not happy in losing Kennedy showed some great signs this year will be great in contested situations. Put my money that he requested the move for opportunity reasons.

Good luck to all of them.

Need a ruckman to complete it though.
We're enquiring about one as I type, I'm lead to believe.
Not a star, but a genuine big bodied ruck, and that's all we need.

Just on our trading, for all the hoo-har and carry on, I reckon we did well.
Willo wanted security and his best has probably passed him.
Kennedy is slow. Needs to find a few yards of pace and polish with his disposal.
McGlynn turns it over a bit too much.

I wish them luck, and the fact Sydney could offer two of those boys 3yrs won them over, but I still think that with Shiels and Savage already coming to us last year, and Burgoyne and Gibson deals done we were in no real need to hit the early part of this draft.

Very, very, very annoyed that Hawthorn have lost McGylnn and Kennedy, 2 of my favourite players, Sydney will cain with them

2 good pickups for sydney

but the hawks look good with burgoyne and gibson

even better though next year the draft will be dominated by goldcaost so no more tanking....bl dees/blues:(

Sydney huge winners here... I don't think the Hawks lost all that terribly though. McGlynn has always had a lot of get up and go but he's always been a bit of a fringe player. Josh Kennedy is the one i'm sad to lose. Thought he showed a bit of promise, big mature body. Both reportedly wanted to leave to seek opportunities so theres not a lot we can do about that. Burgoyne into the middle / half back gives us some more class. Who wouldnt want mitchell, sewell, burgoyne, hodge and lewis?

Then again - they are rucking at the feet of Simon Taylor, so we need all the class we can get!

Wonder who our annoying little tagger will be now that mcglynn is gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ..... the AFL's love child??

Tell me how you became the AFL's richest club? Nah, i'm just bitter about losing Josh Kennedy. It's disappointing to lose a quality young guy, particularly with that name. Whilst he probably wouldn't have gotten many games for us next year, he did give us depth. I know he'll do well at Sydney. I am a little surprised at how keen the swans are on McGlynn though.

Tell me how you became the AFL's richest club? Nah, i'm just bitter about losing Josh Kennedy. It's disappointing to lose a quality young guy, particularly with that name. Whilst he probably wouldn't have gotten many games for us next year, he did give us depth. I know he'll do well at Sydney. I am a little surprised at how keen the swans are on McGlynn though.

Try living in Sydney ..... it's not cheap.

We lost half of our team this year ....... we're keen on everyone!!

So Sydney get Mumford, McGlynn and Kennedy for all their high picks and keep picks 6 and 14? Yeah the Swans are awesome at trading, not only do they not fart arse around like some other clubs *coughportcough* but they actually get good deals done.

With good drafting Sydney went from an aging team this year to a very young one next, crazy.

Looking at the burgyone deal put up, the hawks have actually traded Williams Kennedy and Mcglynn and pick 9 for Burgyone and pick 60.

Thats a lot of eggs in one basket. I hope the 28 yo coming off an injury riddled season can hold up.

Its been an odd week for the Hawks, but we've added Gibson and Burgoyne, who we stated we were going after prior to the week commencing. To get that done, we've lost a few picks, but most Hawks fans were comfortable not having picks in this draft. No that's not a dig at a "shallow" draft or anything, moreso that we've really loaded up in previous years and this year it was about drafting for specific needs...one of them was mature players. We've lost Dew, Crawford and potentially Croad in previous years, so draft picks aren't the be all and end all for the Hawks this year.

Second point is that during all the wheeling and dealing for Burgoyne it started looking like we were going to be pushed to lose a vital premiership player, or a very promising up and comer (Lewis, Birchall or Shoey). I really didn't want that, and we've held on.

We also haven't lost a developmental player such as a Dowler or Thorp. Strange comment you might think, but the thought of four or so years of putting up with their injuries, growing their physiques and teaching them football skills, only to trade them and possibly see them flourish somewhere else, would have been very frustrating. They may be nothing, and we may live to regret not trading them...but I am still a huge fan of talented talls, and i want to see what they can do.

So what have we lost? Williams, McGlynn and Kennedy.

I'm sad to see them all go, for different reasons. Kennedy is a Kennedy for a start. A dynasty, and what looks to be a player of the future. Solid, hard at it, and starting to show. Fact is he's behind Lewis, and a similar build to most of our midfield, so we looked one dimensional, and he'll have opportunities elsewhere. Good luck to him, honestly.

McGlynn. I love watching him play. Gives it his all. Runs all day. Led our inside 50's in his breakout year. Opportunities elsewhere. Best of luck to him also.

Williams. The Shotgun. What can you say, he was almost one of the first of the "new" Hawks to start showing promise out of the dark days of the mid 2000's. Led our goalkicking for a couple of years running. Brilliant on the lead, and I'd put my house on him to kick it when lining up for a set shot. Also one of a handful of AFL players who you'd go to watch just kick the thing. Honest, natural kicking style. Not so much starved of opportunities at the Hawks, definately a first 22 player, but sometimes seems to struggle with "playing a role" that isn't full forward or thereabouts. Still cameo's, like in the 2008 GF with Dew, but with his knee issues and coming in and out of games like he did...I'm happy for him to try his hand at the Bombers if they're going to offer him three years, especially if the Hawks envisage Dowler to be a third tall in the Tim Boyle mould, like we did two-three years ago with Buddy's Box. That'd mean less Williams. Best of luck Shotgun.

I feel like I come away from trade week thinking, it'd be great if you didn't have to lose anyone, but everyone seems to have been dealt a good hand.

We still don't have a ruckman though!! :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back