McGuire should resign

Remove this Banner Ad

if we get rid of eddie we are idiots he is leading the club into a fantastic direction and with the income he is bringing in it is building that extra 5% advantage that is so essential in a tight and competitive lead of the AFL. Yeah we didnt get judd so what we have so much good talent which eddie recruited and remember he did get a big name Mick Malthouse and i think its to say historian that mick is a lot better than tony shaw, hang in there the future is still bright even without the juddernaught

Just out of interest, which Melbourne based clubs have snared big name deals without them falling into their laps and came out winners? Most of the clubs who get the big names traded are the interstate clubs because of players becoming home sick or wanting a life change etc. I don't think this is a problem only with Collingwood, it's just that we always get associated to every player who is uncontracted even when most of them were never interested in joining the club.

I find it quite funny that you (TheHistorian) think that one man (Judd) was going to make 5 points difference! Please. We got to where we were this year thru sheer determination and persistance with our younger brigade. They are our future, they will win us a flag! Whether it was this year or in the next few years - these boys will bring home a cup!!!

Adding someone like Judd - yes he would have bought a lot to the team - but who we would have had to give up for him could have put the process back. Whose to say that bringing Judd into the fold would have messed with the gel that these boys have made with each other!!

I am disappointed we didnt get him, but I am also glad we didnt! cause quite honestly I wasnt prepared to go handing West Coast our youngsters! Simple as that!!

It's people like you that reallu shit me!! You are never happy with what is in front of you! You should be happy that we got to where we did this year seeing as many people had us pegged for the bottom of the ladder. Yes be disappointed we didnt win the game or the cup, but you can hardly blame Eddie for that!!

As someone else said, obviously the club werent prepeared to sell our soul for Judd, and for that I am fcken thankful!
So get off your high horse and stick a cork in it!! If you didnt get the vibe already, no one seems to care for your ranting about getting rid of Ed and Gary!!!

Historian - I don't think you're a pies supporter but if you are, f off and find another side to support.

Not 2 weeks ago I watched our team play with more heart than I saw any other side do all season. We won the respect of the rest of the league. FFS we even had the supporters of our traditional rivals saying that they found themselves barracking for us against the Eagles and Cats. That's because they saw what most of us saw and that is that our side has heart and that's how our club has earned respect. We are now once again seen as a proud, honest, hard side and our current list has earned that themselves.

You're (supposedly) crying about Judd because you think with Judd we could win it next year. Let me tell you - we can win it next year without Judd. In fact, even if we got Judd and won it next year, people would put it all down to getting Judd and that would be discredit the rest of our team who have shown so much this year. If you think this game's all about clubs selling their souls to build teams around single players, go and follow the NBA FFS. You and your kind won't be missed by my club.

One more thing - mate, if you can't see how good Ben Reid could be, you don't know much about footy.

If Dids can play in the midfield and get 20 odd possessions and 3 goals its better then Judd getting 30 and kicking one. i think we got our own Judd in Dids.

He's not our own Judd... He's our own Dids (the one and only)

I'd take Dids anyday... He's ready to explode yet Judd is ready to recouperate

To be honest I was relieved when Judd said Carlton, ATM all they are good at is talk and off field bickering. I was waiting to lose someone like Didak or Rusling just so we could get a player with a long term injury that will suck our salary cap dry, dumb. We were a 1 star player team for almost 10 years(Buckley) and that got us squat. MM and Eddie have rebuilt what was a total unit of club up to a point where young players have time to be properly developed. Even with Judd Carlton will be a 50/50 prop, look at WC when Cousins and Kerr weren't there to carry Judd? Nope, whether McGuire 'blew' the deal or not, I think part of the reason is that some players cannot handle the expectation of playing for Collingwood. When it is all said and done who cares? Judd wasn't in our team this year and we beat WC when it mattered, I hardly think the rabble at Carlton will improve that much with him waiting for his groin to heal next year.

I don’t really care about landing big names. I do care about list structure and the failure to get a viable ruckman has been terrible. There are other list structure issues that have not been addressed and the action against the failed personal has been slow and inadequate. Nevertheless Eddie has brought a lot to the table. At least in more recent times he has addressed the spotting/drafting and spend money on outpost recruiting - nationally and internationally. Where I think Eddie has let us down is in his acceptance of a losing coach's philosophies. Unless MM wins us a flag very soon this decade ahs to be seen as another one of failure at Collingwood. Eddie as president has to wear that.

Eddie has not got one big name deal over the line despite 9 years of crapping on that he would.

The fact Judd selected a bottom feeding no facilities team with a no name coach ahead of the the Malty lead lexus Centre shows what a sham this "they will be attracted to our facilities and professionalism" has become.

They could have doen the deal. Judd didnt want thembecause Swann closed the deal that Eddie and Pert couldnt.

It is becoming a habit for Collingwood to fail in thhis regard.

Time to give someone else a go.
The lexus centre is great but what about your farce of a training ground at Gosh's paddock???????????

if juddy turned the demons down because of their training facilities then i don't see why carlton would be much better.

i think in the end, given he seems to be a pretty private person, he would rather not go to the club which has the highest media profile.

let's see the blues trade away their draft picks and/or key forwards.

judd won't be the difference for the next few years because the blues have no defence to speak of. if they can address that issue and fevola is still around in 3 years then they may be up & about.

I'm suspicious about the whole Dick Pratt thing in getting Judd.

I listened to two radio interviews with Swann on 3AW and SEN on the way home from work yesterday and he mentioned on both that one thing that was pleasing to Judd was the connection with his Green ideals and the Visy recycling environmental philosophies and then also mentioned life after football.

What is to stop say Dick Pratt saying to Judd, we will offer you $1M a year for 5 years and then after you retire from football I will pay you $2M a year for another 5 years in a PR role for Visy? Is that possibly a loophole around the salary cap as by then he would not be an AFL player. I just keep hearing talk from Carlton about life after football... suspicous?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And another point on Eddie's failure.

How about this From Greg Denham's article in The Australian
It is understood that Judd has been impressed with Swann as a administrator since they met in Ireland about four years ago.

If Eddie was smart, Swan would have been on an agreement whereby if he cose o leave he would need to go on 6-12 months gardening duty meaning we pay him for six-twelve months but he is not permitted to work for another team.

The fact that Swan could bo from being at Collinggwood on the Friday and Carlton the following Monday is a big blot in ed's copybook bordering on the incompetent.

It has come back to bite him on the bum big time.

How about the fact he made you into a very profitable club and you are not a mess off-field anymore... (cant believe I am standing up for Eddy to a Collingwood supporter :p)

Historian - I don't think you're a pies supporter but if you are, f off and find another side to support.

Not 2 weeks ago I watched our team play with more heart than I saw any other side do all season. We won the respect of the rest of the league. FFS we even had the supporters of our traditional rivals saying that they found themselves barracking for us against the Eagles and Cats. That's because they saw what most of us saw and that is that our side has heart and that's how our club has earned respect. We are now once again seen as a proud, honest, hard side and our current list has earned that themselves.

You're (supposedly) crying about Judd because you think with Judd we could win it next year. Let me tell you - we can win it next year without Judd. In fact, even if we got Judd and won it next year, people would put it all down to getting Judd and that would be discredit the rest of our team who have shown so much this year. If you think this game's all about clubs selling their souls to build teams around single players, go and follow the NBA FFS. You and your kind won't be missed by my club.

One more thing - mate, if you can't see how good Ben Reid could be, you don't know much about footy.

So Reid is better than Judd? Give me a break.

You must be a Carlton supporter in drag.

Eddie nad his undemocratically appointed board have stuffed up for the last time in my book.

At least McAlister could get things done.

I'm suspicious about the whole Dick Pratt thing in getting Judd.

I listened to two radio interviews with Swann on 3AW and SEN on the way home from work yesterday and he mentioned on both that one thing that was pleasing to Judd was the connection with his Green ideals and the Visy recycling environmental philosophies and then also mentioned life after football.

What is to stop say Dick Pratt saying to Judd, we will offer you $1M a year for 5 years and then after you retire from football I will pay you $2M a year for another 5 years in a PR role for Visy? Is that possibly a loophole around the salary cap as by then he would not be an AFL player. I just keep hearing talk from Carlton about life after football... suspicous?
Shows you how dumb Judd is if he believes Visy's smoke and mirrors about green credentials. They make cardboard FFS, which last time I looked was made of pulp, tree pulp that is, green gold, but hardly enviro friendly no matter how much spin some PR firm puts on it, or Swan for that matter. Stick to footy you tools, because you know SFA about the environment. Almost as bad as Wakelin jumping on the whole global warming Al Gore thing. Does he realise Gore has a billion dollar company that pedals this shit for money? Suckers.

Guys i have been having an argument with my brother who is also a passionate collingwood supporter.He claims that collingwood will never win a premiership because we cannot lure a big name player to the club.
If chris judd chose carlton who are wooden spooners for the past couple of years and don't look like playing finals and he said no to collingwood who seem to be on the brink of getting that elusive premiership,what does that say about our club?
He reckons that since mm has been at the helm we have not been able to lure a big name player to the pies.Carlton apparentely having been courting judd for quite a while and we didn't try hard enough to get him,that's why he chose carlton.
Also he reckons that mm has cost us 3 premierships (2002.2003.and possibly 2007) because the most obvious recruit we have needed is a good strong Ruckman.how can mm not see that we have this deficency ?
We should go hard and get a good ruckman and target Prismall and haselby for our midfield.Add those two into our existing midfield and who needs judd.Your thoughts ?

Guys i have been having an argument with my brother who is also a passionate collingwood supporter.He claims that collingwood will never win a premiership because we cannot lure a big name player to the club.

Apart from Sydney (and possibly Port), which teams have recently won the GF which recruited class players from other clubs? Geelong grew their own, so did West Coast, same with Brisbane. It's just that they've had champion players in their team, but we don't have to get them through other clubs.

Apart from Sydney (and possibly Port), which teams have recently won the GF which recruited class players from other clubs? Geelong grew their own, so did West Coast, same with Brisbane. It's just that they've had champion players in their team, but we don't have to get them through other clubs.

That is irrelevant. The current trading system means a class player is traded every year or two, but a superstar is traded once a decade

If Collingwood snared Judd, it wold go close to getting a flag. Make no mistake about that.

It was a msut do deal.

it was not about money as all clubs offered about the same.

Collingwood, with all the cards bar one stacked in its favour, is still rejected.

Eddie's time has come and now gone. Pert has shown himself inept twice in three months. He is John May in drag.

Their ability to close a deal is non-existent.

Mate, we went close to winning a flag THIS year.

Next year, Pendlebury and Thomas will have another pre-season under their belt, Didak will have a pre-season under his belt and will be back to his best and MORE. Guys like Goldsack, Shaw, Cloke, Obrien, Rusling, Clarke etc. will all have matured. This team is very young, and with a full pre-season we will be a lot better than last year. Wait til we unleash the bigger version of Dick ;). This team is going places, with or without Judd.

Eddie' repeated failure over 9 years to lure any big name players ot Collingwood despite all his posturing means he has basically failed to improve our on field performance as promised.

His failure to get Judd to nominate Collingwood (no matter whether they did the trade or not) is surely the final straw?

Eddie and his Channel 9 puppet Pert both need to resign.

Swan has outsmarted them both. Pathetic.

YOU ARE A COMPLETE TOOL....THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST POST I HAVE READ...SOMEONE CLOSE IT

And another point on Eddie's failure.

How about this From Greg Denham's article in The Australian

If Eddie was smart, Swan would have been on an agreement whereby if he cose o leave he would need to go on 6-12 months gardening duty meaning we pay him for six-twelve months but he is not permitted to work for another team.

The fact that Swan could bo from being at Collinggwood on the Friday and Carlton the following Monday is a big blot in ed's copybook bordering on the incompetent.

It has come back to bite him on the bum big time.
Thank you for quoting Greg Denham Mr. Historian,
if you heard him this morning with KB on SEN you would also have heard, that it is also his understanding that Judd chose Carlton primarily because while the offers from both clubs were about equal it was Carlton's ability to be able to satisfy his former club the WCE that tipped them over the line.
So if you believe that Denham was right in his comment on Swann and Judd's relationship, surely you will believe his comment on Judd's reasoning behind his final selection.

Or do you only pick and choose the comments to back up your story.

Remove this Banner Ad

McGuire should resign

Remove this Banner Ad

Back