McLaren umpiring again

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the biggest load of tripe I have ever read here. Please explain McLaren's call against Sellar which led to a Wood goal in the second quarter. One of the worst decisions ever.
Yep, just because McLaren & Chamberlin pay more free kicks doesn't make them better umpires, as in games like tonight there is no consistency. Pay holding the balls with no prior oportunity, yet others with prior opportunity go. Given our poor ability to get our fair share of free kicks, I'm much happier when the umpires pay less free kicks & stay out of influencing the games!!

I can't remember the exact moment, but at one stage a Collingwood player took one of our guys on, and then got tackled to the ground. The ball got knocked loose when he hit the ground and of course it was called play on. How? He had prior opportunity AND didn't dispose of it properly. Wtf do we have to do these days to get a HTB paid to us?

Wood's free in that ruck contest was a shocker. In the first quarter, Douglas was smashed after his kick and the free was inexplicably not down field which would have been in the square. The Pendlebury deliberate that wasn't paid. Some woeful holding the ball decisions. List goes on.

No watching on TV it didn't deserve to be downfield in the square. Maxwell hit him as he kicked it.

But some of the HTB decisions were truly woeful tonight....again.:rolleyes:

It was there. Watch closly. You just see Woods' guersey get pulled out a little.
Congrats to McLaren, he's got a great eye. I didnt notice where the pull was untill about the 3rd replay.

Did you not see our players guernsey get pulled FIRST? Watch it again.

Exasperating decisions yet again. It's the ones of ours they miss completely that piss me off most, yet they call exactly the same thing against us!

oh dear, complaining about the umps lol.

The one where you marked it in front of goal but got brought back was the correct decision. If its in the act of the disposal and not after then the ball has to come back. If it was after then its wherever the ball has landed, C'mon people. If your going to bag the umps at least know the rules

The worst passage of play came in the last quarter.
Inside our 50 and a Collingwood player takes possession of the ball on the ground. He takes the ball in is tackled and a ball up is called for despite 10 of our players screaming for holding the ball.
Moments later in almost identical circumstances (except that Walker should be congratulated for going hard at the ball) Walker takes possession, is tackled and holding the ball is called.

Now these very similar. Only the same umpire makes two very different interpretations. If both were called for ball up then fine. But you can't change your mind half way through.

To make matters worse, the umpire was in fact behind the player when Walker took possession and so had no clue how the ball was sitting, who actually had possession of it or if an attempt was being made. Yet he still called it HTB.

Guess which knob made these decisions??

The worst passage of play came in the last quarter.
Inside our 50 and a Collingwood player takes possession of the ball on the ground. He takes the ball in is tackled and a ball up is called for despite 10 of our players screaming for holding the ball.
Moments later in almost identical circumstances (except that Walker should be congratulated for going hard at the ball) Walker takes possession, is tackled and holding the ball is called.

Now these very similar. Only the same umpire makes two very different interpretations. If both were called for ball up then fine. But you can't change your mind half way through.

To make matters worse, the umpire was in fact behind the player when Walker took possession and so had no clue how the ball was sitting, who actually had possession of it or if an attempt was being made. Yet he still called it HTB.

Guess which knob made these decisions??

Thats all players and supporters want is consistency, fair enough if 'something' is holding the ball then its holding the ball all night, its what makes my head explode the most is the inconsistency, Geishen needs to fix it up or **** off because I dont know what else he is doing other than taking a fat pay cheque from the AFL.

If your going to bag the umps at least know the rules
the irony :p

Rd 1: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Thomas got hard done by, by the ump

BUT. Under the rule he should of given away the free kick for not either
1, giving the ball to the boundry umpire
2, put it down where he is
or 3, put it down where he went out

Instead he kicks it away. Under the rules we get a free kick. But Those Collingwood fans think they got screwed over :rolleyes:

The htb was too inconsistant.

The free occured after McLeod kicked it and should have been downfield

Pendles was deliberate

But once again we lost the game, didn't kick straight or make the most of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendlebury was the worst decision I have seen in a long time. McLaren is a hack. I didn't like him much when he sang in Dire Straights either.
I guess you didnt watch the replay of Brisbane Roar vs GOld Coast United yesterday

Culina gets the free after Moore "fouled" him

/sees replay - no contact at all.

There was a Knights HTB that was absolutely terrible - no prior opportunity, but the free was given as "You had one arm free!" Not sure how you can dispose of the ball legally if you've got one arm free, and the ball is pinned to your body.
BUT He had 1 hand free. But he held the ball in with no attempt to dispose of it.

I always think they're free kick worthy.

I was suprised north got off with a few today.

and trust me, if you thought last nights was bad. SHould of seen todays

McIntyre's throw when he handballed it
non call from an ump when Allen blatently went for the boundry delibrately.
a North player being pushed square in the back, yet gets pinged for holding the ball when he had no prior opportunity
Cranston gets off when he kicks O'Hara in the head (OK it was accidental, but it was still high)

BUT He had 1 hand free. But he held the ball in with no attempt to dispose of it.

I always think they're free kick worthy.

But if you don't have prior opportunity you should never be pinged for holding it. If you are on the bottom of a pack and are holding it in then yes, free kick. But getting tackled straight away when you receive it and have one arm free should NEVER EVER be holding the ball. You cannot dispose of the ball even if you try when one arm is pinged.

But if you don't have prior opportunity you should never be pinged for holding it. If you are on the bottom of a pack and are holding it in then yes, free kick. But getting tackled straight away when you receive it and have one arm free should NEVER EVER be holding the ball. You cannot dispose of the ball even if you try when one arm is pinged.
he can kick it away.
He has the opportunity to dispose of it but isnt taking the chocie.
The decision is fair.

he can kick it away.
He has the opportunity to dispose of it but isnt taking the chocie.
The decision is fair.

Sure - he'll then get pinged for incorrect disposal or a throw.

The HTB rule isn't consistently enforced; whether you agree with the specific interpretation in one incident is irrelevant - it's the fact that it changes so frequently, and the justification for it is so varied, that makes it completely ****ed.

Yeah I know it was unfortunate, but the umpire had already blew his whistle so he had to call it back even if we marked it.

The whistle blew AFTER Dougie kicked it, therefore the free should've been downfield (where the ball landed) whether Porsche marked it or not.

Why are the bald umps the worst? After Chamberlain, the worst 3 in the league are all chromedomes.

The whistle blew AFTER Dougie kicked it, therefore the free should've been downfield (where the ball landed) whether Porsche marked it or not.

It is when the tackle is made and that was not after he kicked it, it was when he kicked it.

Maxwell got him high as he kicked it so that is why he bought it back. Also the kick was to a contest not an open player so they couldn't play advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

McLaren umpiring again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back