Mcphee to quit football

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear Carlton are interested in a big marquis signing and with Reimers and Mcphee available they may get their wish.

I doubt whether the AFL would allow a retired contracted player to nominate immediately. Didn't they close that loophole down after the Mal Michael thing?

Probably was told his time is up to be honest.
Was this before or after he signed a one year contact extension less than a month ago?

Good ol' McPhumbles.

So who's the resident Freo whipping boy now? Johnson?
He's still on the list;
a_spt_anthony_16onn5j-16onn5o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might explain 1 move, not 3. That aside, doesn't explain the reason why he TWICE waited until just AFTER list lodgements to notify each club of his intentions to leave.

It's completely acceptable and understandable to put your family first, however you don't need to go about it by being a complete silly.

He was very good for Freo last year, but juvenile to the extreme with this intentional timing, yet again. He is the equivalent of a modern day snake oil salesman, with what he's peddling.

Had a really good season after a rough couple of years, was solid in defense and will take some replacing.

The trolling shitposting from the moderator and the Richmond fan saying any player is no good adds some awesome to this thread o7 :rolleyes:

I hear Carlton are interested in a big marquis signing and with Reimers and Mcphee available they may get their wish.
Maybe he could go with Jordan Russell to the Lexus centre ?

Oh and best you stick to words you actually know how to spell ...like cat and mat etc ;)

As for Mcphee, he had a pretty good year for Freo....this comes as a surprise, his hardness in the backline will be missed .

Ibbotson seems to be getting the nod these days. Out of curiosity do North have a whipping child (is it still Hansen)?
We don't roll that way at North. We respect our players and appreciate the effort they put in for the club.

But yeah Hansen. Or Anthony. Or Thomas.

Yeah he was really bad the year he was All Australian.

Yeah people forget he had a great '04 season, although came nowhere near since. Despite his faults he was a pretty decent player and always seemed to give his all for both Freo and Bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mcphee to quit football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back