43. Jarrad McVeigh
44. Dane Swan
45. Lenny Hayes
46. Luke Power
47. Scott Thompson
48. Michael Osbourne
49. David Hille
50. Matthew Boyd

Presumably that's based on the season's performances only. Reasonable list, though how Chad Cornes scored a mention is anyone's guess. He was mediocre for most of the first half of the season and injured for the second half.

Presumably that's based on the season's performances only. Reasonable list, though how Chad Cornes scored a mention is anyone's guess. He was mediocre for most of the first half of the season and injured for the second half.
Yeah that's right.Everyone on the main board seems to think its a typo.Saying Kane instead.Haven't actually got the HUN to say either way & the link on the website didn't work.
I smell a retraction/correction coming up.Maybe?

Despite having what most people would consider a "mediocre" year, I would argue that Goodes is easily in the top 50 players in the AFL. After all said and done he polled less 3 votes then Cooney and missed games along the way.

Despite having what most people would consider a "mediocre" year, I would argue that Goodes is easily in the top 50 players in the AFL. After all said and done he polled less 3 votes then Cooney and missed games along the way.

I agree. In the first half of the season he was regularly dominating games. I think his injury in the 2nd half of the year has caused people to undervalue his season.

I agree. In the first half of the season he was regularly dominating games. I think his injury in the 2nd half of the year has caused people to undervalue his season.

Nearly all supporters of other clubs undervalue him. It is amazing the perception people have of Goodes vs the reality.

The hate that goes around these boards is amazing. I was listening to ABC radio recently, and they were talking about bad behaviour and attitude in the NRL. A cabbie called up and said the other day he picked up none other than Adam Goodes! He said he'd be one of the most gentleman like blokes he has even met, and that the NRL players could take a leaf out of his book.

Nearly all supporters of other clubs undervalue him. It is amazing the perception people have of Goodes vs the reality.

The hate that goes around these boards is amazing. I was listening to ABC radio recently, and they were talking about bad behaviour and attitude in the NRL. A cabbie called up and said the other day he picked up none other than Adam Goodes! He said he'd be one of the most gentleman like blokes he has even met, and that the NRL players could take a leaf out of his book.

I've met him before (outside of football related events) and he is one of the friendliest and most genuine blokes you could ever hope to meet.

It's nothing but jealousy. They can't stand the fact that Sydney has one of the genuine stars of the competition so they have to tell themselves he didn't deserve his Brownlows and that he's a filthy sliper/thug/cheat etc.

If Goodes played for a Victorian team you can bet he'd be talked about in a more positive light on BF, but he's our Goodes and I hope he sticks it up the competition for atleast another 5 years.

He's more than capable of winning a 3rd Charlie, just has to stay focussed.

I think players such as Joel Corey (although he's probably the one exception in my list), Corey Enright, Andrew Mackie and a couple of other Cats are similar to the Weagles' Braun, Fletcher, Embley, Stenglein and co. They are really good as part of a good team, made to look real quality, but you take out Judd, Cousins, Kerr and Cox from the Weagles and those others are back to just good players, not great.
My point (I'm getting to it) is that Joel Selwood is at least No 3 in Geelong's midfield, and after the Grand Final I'd have him second only to Ablett (ahead of Bartel), and closing on little Gazza.
Selwood is a superstar, how he comes in at only 16 is, to me, inexplicable.

Also, I've just realised T Cloke and Pendlebury aren't there, and that's wrong.

And, like everyone else ... Chad Cornes??????

I've met him before (outside of football related events) and he is one of the friendliest and most genuine blokes you could ever hope to meet.
Yeah I've met him a few times through Benny, and from a chat with Adam Goodes you get nothing other than utmost respect for the bloke. He is all class on and off the field, one of the nicest guys I've met at the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At no.43 along with O'keefe(35) & Captain Kirk
(41).
Here's the complete list
1. Gary Ablett
2. Lance Franklin
3. Joel Corey
4. Luke Hodge
5. Matthew Scarlett
6. Brent Harvey
7. J.Bartel
8. B.Fevola