Prediction Top 3 kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back on topic

None will play more than 5 games unless injury dictates it. IMO Sheldrick is the most likely with Gould a theoretical chance (not that I personally think he's going to make it) based on list depth. I get a feeling Konstanty, Warner and Rankin will sneak a debut. The darkest of dark horses is Edwards, especially if we get towelled up by a few monster KPF's early doors

1 Angus is a good chance to replace Clarke. He possesses strong defensive skills and of course is a useful attacking weapon. Thereafter form will dictate.

2. Gould is a reasonable chance esp if injury happens down back. His only competition is Melican and the raw Edwards

3. HHK for me is ahead of the rest.

Much relies on injury and form in the Ressies.

If Gould gets a look at senior level, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up staying there. Horse typically doesn't debut defenders until they are really ready, but the form of those defenders once they've debuted justifies his patience. Aliir managed 13 games for the year after debuting, Melican managed 17 games.

Aliir was 21 when he debuted. Melican was 21 when he debuted. Gould is 21.

He's the only one I can see taking a senior appearance and turning it into a genuine half-season or more at senior level.
I absolutely agree with your last para provided no-one has a season-ending injury 🤞🤞🤞.
Aliir and Melican were coming into a defence that really needed one of them to succeed. Gould not so much. On the plus side he is unlikely to be asked to play as pivotal a role.

I don't think Gould can play either of the McCartin's role. I think he is going to struggle to play a lockdown role against the really big AFL forwards.

I think having Rampe and Fox as medium forwards gives us some versatility. They are quick and can play on different sized forwards as well as being able to rebound. I would probably use Gould in that role. So he would not be marking a huge opponent and have some freedom to intercept or use his long kicking to rebound.

Last edited:
What did Beatson have to say about Amartey? I never came across that. I've thought he has enough mobility and natural skills to make it. Think his endurance has been one of his biggest question marks?
Day before the draft Beatson was interviewed by Twomey & Beveridge (on AFL.com) and (paraphrasing) said Amartey had had some niggles, club still has hope for him, but needs to start to perform to the expected level on a constant basis.

It was out of the blue when he was talking about how KPF was more of a need for us than KPD (and yes of course we took neither until Edwards in the rookie draft).

With regards to endurance he was once again down the back in our time-trial, running with Edwards and seemingly only in front of Owen.
He's been on our list since Nov 2017, he really should have built a better tank by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Konstanty
2) Matt Roberts
3) Will Gould

Konstanty
Another small harassing forward to compliment Papley & assist in keeping the ball in the forward line.

Matt Roberts
The big bodied midfielder, who with Parker as his mentor, can fill in the missing piece after the retirement of Kennedy, Strong, hard at the ball & able to get the ball out to the dangerous runners like the Chad & Florent.

Will Gould
We have been waiting for his rise & this year he will show us how physically strong, agile & straight ahead he is. He will eventually take over from Rampe & provide a long kicking & straight ahead stampede from the back line. Watch out forwards, this man is a real bull when he starts his runs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Top 3 kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back