Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steele on Twitter said they were former members of the academy who left in 2013.

If correct, then this an even poorer piece of gutter journalism than first appeared.

"The 19-year-old’s lawyer asked that bail conditions banning the accused men from having contact with each other be relaxed, saying his client was a “quality” footballer who was on a training squad with another of the accused men.

The Courier Mail is reporting the two are members of the Lions Academy — a talent ID squad that trains once a week at the Lions."

Disgraceful ..... but alas, not surprising.
Is it any wonder why I don't buy/read Newspapers anymore.
You can't even find good sports reporting worth reading anymore (let alone find any AFL reporting .......in Brisbane, anyway)

If correct, then this an even poorer piece of gutter journalism than first appeared.

"The 19-year-old’s lawyer asked that bail conditions banning the accused men from having contact with each other be relaxed, saying his client was a “quality” footballer who was on a training squad with another of the accused men.

The Courier Mail is reporting the two are members of the Lions Academy — a talent ID squad that trains once a week at the Lions."

Disgraceful ..... but alas, not surprising.
Is it any wonder why I don't buy/read Newspapers anymore.
You can't even find good sports reporting worth reading anymore (let alone find any AFL reporting .......in Brisbane, anyway)

Having read all the versions of the story through its 3-4 updates today I think they rushed it out based solely on what the defence counsel said then updated as the club indicated it wasn't correct.

Really poor not to wait for comment from the club - mud has now stuck.

We live in an age where a footballer got off two charges of assault six years apart by arguing that it would affect his chances of becoming a fire-fighter. I doubt the average man in the street would get the same leniency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny the things that make it to the media. Know of one highly touted academy boy in particular who what he did dwarfed these two boys. Funny how the world works. Guess it's all about who you know

Funny the things that make it to the media. Know of one highly touted academy boy in particular who what he did dwarfed these two boys. Funny how the world works. Guess it's all about who you know
Yousa gonna have to put in a lot more work before the kind folks round these parts have any faith at all in your word again.

Yousa gonna have to put in a lot more work before the kind folks round these parts have any faith at all in your word again.
I think a few around here already know what I'm talking about.

Dwarfed is quite an expressive word to use considering what these two boys allegedly did.

Find it strange it wouldn't have come to light..

I think a few around here already know what I'm talking about.

Leemas, no disrespect, but there are probably a few around here who, after your recent performance, would be inclined to think you might talk a little bit of **** at times. Wouldn't you agree that could be a reasonable conclusion for us to reach after your guarantee about Aish?

I would be disappointed to think that you might say something like this to big note yourself and I prefer to think that is not the case.

So...this thing that "a few round here know". You know it because...? How would others know it? Why is it significant? If it isn't significant, why are you mentioning it? If it is not going to come to light except by you mentioning it...why mention it? If it should come to light...why haven't you reported it to the appropriate authorities? If you have reported it...why didn't you say so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back